[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - New food finds?

New food finds?

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

New food finds?

Postby carla » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:44 pm

Lemon ginger herbal tea for iced drinks and mixer.

Montealbor Co.'s The Tapas Sauces, salsa verde, sunflower oil, garlic, parsley, lemon & salt. A LOT of garlic. A wonderful thing to have on hand in a jar. I scored 2 jars for .99 on the discount rack; then bought more on Amazon.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Re: New food finds?

Postby godboko71 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:28 pm

carla wrote:Lemon ginger herbal tea for iced drinks and mixer.

What is the balance between lemon and ginger flavors?
carla wrote:Montealbor Co.'s The Tapas Sauces, salsa verde, sunflower oil, garlic, parsley, lemon & salt. A LOT of garlic.

That sounds wonderful!
Thank you,
Robert Town Jr.
godboko71
First Class Petty Officer Briner

Postby carla » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:46 pm

godboko71 wrote:What is the balance between lemon and ginger flavors?

It definitely has ginger flavor, which I love. Well-balanced, not overtly citrusy, just bright. It's Celestial Seasonings Jammin' Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

I had fried eggs on toast spread with the salsa verde. I regularly dress canned garbanzo beans with it. I try not to eat it by the spoonful. Will try it as a sandwich spread too, and with beef.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby okbye » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:08 pm

I just found a leftover piece of pizza from last night, and it became a new presence in my mouth. :)
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby godboko71 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:44 pm

carla wrote:It definitely has ginger flavor, which I love. Well-balanced, not overtly citrusy, just bright. It's Celestial Seasonings Jammin' Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

Awesome, will be giving this a go need a few more teas for my rotation.

carla wrote:I had fried eggs on toast spread with the salsa verde. I regularly dress canned garbanzo beans with it. I try not to eat it by the spoonful. Will try it as a sandwich spread too, and with beef.

All that sounds great, will try it on my wrap tomorrow now that I finally have a friday I don't have to go out for lunch.

okbye wrote:I just found a leftover piece of pizza from last night, and it became a new presence in my mouth. :)

Been making pizza almost every other weekend now that we have a Trader Joes, I know its cheating but they have a garlic and herb dough that always comes out good. Sticky but easy to work with. I wanted to like the whole wheat version but it just doesn't have a good mouth feel to me.
Thank you,
Robert Town Jr.
godboko71

Postby okbye » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:45 pm

I buy the Pillsbury crust, I love it. Why go to all that bother when you can buy a crust just as good? I would rather put my efforts into toppings. My family are not very adventurous eaters but I did get the adults eating bbq chicken pizza, the kids still won't touch it. That is too exotic for them, lol.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby thatchairlady » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:18 am

Haven't been here in a while. Given a choice, would rather explore new supermarket than mall any day. Not a NEW food, but pizza crust post made me think of this. In "my" shoprite" they have Chef Boy-R-Dee pizza "kits". NOT a real/classic pizza by a mile, but something I think every kid should experience. They come in 2 pizza kits and I gave one each to niece's kids for Christmas! The difference between looks on kid's faces and MOM's face was extreme. Kids gave a look like... wt?? Mom screamed about remember making them in my kitchen. We'd "doctor" them up with extra cheese and other toppings.
thatchairlady
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Camp Maple Syrup from the Kroger I shop at, for half price. Store is closing. I haven't opened it yet.
Interesting that at one point Epicurious rated it #1. Consumer Reports listed it, but only as "good," after all the "very good"s.
I see a lot of french toast in my future.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby carla » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:32 pm

thatchairlady wrote:Not a NEW food, but pizza crust post made me think of this. In "my" shoprite" they have Chef Boy-R-Dee pizza "kits".

Nice to see you!

I bought a can of Chef Boy-R-Dee ravioli at the closing store. It was an emotional thing -- I've had SpaghettiOs twice in my life, when I or my mom was in physical pain, or couldn't chew lol. I miss my parents. I cracked a fibula almost 5 weeks ago; makes me even more prone to instant "food." As I told a friend, love can be SpaghettiOs.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby okbye » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:32 pm

When I was a kid, 'bout 1835, my mom used to make pizza every Saturday night with one of those pizza kits. She would add some flour and tomato sauce so it made two cookie sheet size pizzas, with sausage.

okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby Butterbean » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Those pizza kits became a standby on meatless Fridays when I was a kid (and my mom finally realized her tuna casseroles were an abomination). I may have to see if they're available around here.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby carla » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Cream cheese topped with tapenade is even better on a sandwich than I thought it would be. That's just the dressing part, roast beef & romaine completed it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby godboko71 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:34 am

carla wrote:Cream cheese topped with tapenade is even better on a sandwich than I thought it would be. That's just the dressing part, roast beef & romaine completed it.

That sounds tasty. Been unseasonably warm here so that sounds lite and refreshing.

This past weekend I did a shrimp boil and for the picky eaters I had to fry some shrimp so I used the shells to make a shrimp stock. Frooze it not sure what I will do with it yet. Need a few more beef bones then I will be able to make a good beef stock, with cooler weather coming (hopefully) will be able to make some hearty soups and stews.

Yeah nothing new and not store bought but that's my food story for the day lol.
Thank you,
Robert Town Jr.
godboko71

Return to General Chat