[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Road trip to Galveston/Houston

Road trip to Galveston/Houston

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

Road trip to Galveston/Houston

Postby godboko71 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:37 am

So either tomorrow or Saturday I will be taking a trek from Tulsa to Houston/Galveston TX area.

Any food recommendations for while I am in Houston/Galveston?
Thank you,
Robert Town Jr.
godboko71
First Class Petty Officer Briner

Re: Road trip to Galveston/Houston

Postby DanC » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:33 am

You know I-45 will be closed all weekend long at I-10, right? Take 610 to 59 then back on 45 after downtown, or something like that

As far as food finds. If you want old school seafood, slightly expensive but well worth it, go to Gaido's in Galveston...

or try brunch at the Hotel Galvez...

what part of town/food type are you looking for?
DanC
Admiral Briner

Re: Road trip to Galveston/Houston

Postby godboko71 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:54 pm

DanC wrote:You know I-45 will be closed all weekend long at I-10, right? Take 610 to 59 then back on 45 after downtown, or something like that

Thank you for the heads up because no I didn't.
DanC wrote:As far as food finds. If you want old school seafood, slightly expensive but well worth it, go to Gaido's in Galveston...

or try brunch at the Hotel Galvez...

what part of town/food type are you looking for?

After I finish my business I'll be anywhere worth going. As for types of food, anything that is good in the region. Guess I smoke a lot of beef so can probably skip BBQ.

I'll most likely stop by the beach and get a laugh at those in coats. Other than that I have no definite plans.
Thank you,
Robert Town Jr.
godboko71
First Class Petty Officer Briner

Return to General Chat