[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Sunday Supper

Sunday Supper

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

Sunday Supper

Postby Butterbean » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Butter Jr. is cooking for T-Day, so I figured I'd do a beef stew today to mark the area's first really cold weather. I used boneless short ribs for the beef (cut into cubes, floured & browned), baby Yukon Gold taters, fat baby carrots, about 9 small, peeled shallots & garlic cloves. Liquid was approx. 1/2 bottle dry red wine (Malbec) and about 3/4 box beef stock. Seasoning was several sprigs of thyme, 1 tb smoked hot paprika, salt & pepper. Brought everything to a simmer on the stovetop in a heavy pot, covered & popped in the oven (325*) for about 4 hours. The house smelled great all afternoon & the finished product was even better. Since I was winging it, I wasn't sure, but was pleasantly surprised.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Re: Sunday Supper

Postby tj » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Sounds great! I love doing things like this in a cast iron pot in the oven. Not hard to get started and basically care free once it is in the oven. Deserves a baked apple for dessert.
tj
Admiral Briner

Re: Sunday Supper

Postby okbye » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:28 am

My s-i-l made a cinnamon chili, which was pretty good. I just got a taste though, my heart thing is acting up and I'm off salt. That's gonna wreak havok on my Thanksgiving but I'll live. I haven't had to cook much lately, even though I told them I'm fine. I'll take it, I get a nap now. :)
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Return to General Chat