[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Warm Christmas Dessert?

Warm Christmas Dessert?

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

Warm Christmas Dessert?

Postby tj » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 pm

I've been asked to come up with a warm Christmas dessert. Being a staunch traditionalist, the only one I know is Flamed Plum Pudding with Grandma's Bourbon Sauce. That would warm a frozen mammoth!

Someone has suggested warm tapioca with raspberries. NOT!

Any ideas?
tj
Admiral Briner

Re: Warm Christmas Dessert?

Postby carla » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:00 pm

Sticky Toffee Pudding.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby okbye » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:10 am

Hot apple pie with ice cream. Yummy.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby tj » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:56 pm

So nice warm homemade apple pie with homemade ice cream and sticky toffee pudding sauce? With walnuts on top? Due to the FizzWhip shortage we may have to improvise a bit.
tj
Admiral Briner

Postby Catherine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Mince pie. And whip your own cream, sir!
Catherine
Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:18 pm

:lol:
I'm sure tj will whip it himself.

"In a sensational bit of "reporting," Slate has declared that "America Is Facing a Whipped Cream Shortage." Look, I know 2016 has been rough, but trust me: There is no Whippocalypse or Creamageddon in sight. The non-news at the heart of this story is that some hiccup has disrupted the supply of nitrous oxide to manufacturers, which may potentially limit supplies of aerosolized toppings like Reddi Wip. To be clear: American supermarkets have more than enough whipping cream to meet the holiday demand.

Take heart, for everything is just as Devo foretold: "When a problem comes along, you must whip it."
http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/12/home ... rtage.html

Cool recipes! Whipped in a food processor.

I will say that dental patients need that nitrous oxide more than dessert-eaters! Still remember the first time I got high -- before having multiple teeth pulled with pliers. Breath deep from that mask!!
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Return to General Chat