[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Hey, Carla ...

Hey, Carla ...

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

Hey, Carla ...

Postby Butterbean » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Are you high & dry? The news from your area looked pretty wet. Good day for sopa seca.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Re: Hey, Carla ...

Postby okbye » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:25 am

It's been raining like a bitch in this whole area. We've had entire days of rain, which hasn't happened in years.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby Butterbean » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:54 pm

I did not realize that, okbye. No disaster, no coverage, I suppose. The desert should be spectacular once the sun comes out.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby okbye » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:19 am

Yeah, nothing bad has happened here. It rained all day again today, there was a river running down the street in front of the house (and we live in a subdivision). That's happened a couple times in the last week or so.

We used to have monsoon seasons twice a year, March and October approximately. But it's been years, like 15 at least, since it rained like this. We used to get street flooding regularly, even the freeway would always be closed a couple days a year when it flooded in low spots. Now it would still rain good once or twice a year, but nothing like this, going on for days.

I also saw something the other day that a bunch of areas of California have been removed from drought status. This is definitely some old time weather.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby carla » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:37 pm

Same storm, moving east.
Yeah, a private campground in the county was taken out, and 22 cars. They should never have been open. At the foot of a canyon below a portion of a 32K acre fire in Aug. Weather forecast was accurate. Some responsibility also goes to campers. I sure wouldn't be in a post-fire zone when flood watches and warnings are in place!
Given that, the storm in my area was a bit less than forecast; there was more rain in neighboring counties. We do have damage, lost trees, power out, bad beach erosion at one particular beach. LA county fire areas had mudslides too of course.
thanks for asking!
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby okbye » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:42 pm

I have a friend who lives in Hemet, which is in the Palm Springs area. He lives in the mountains and used to do Jeep wilderness tours, the kind of place where your neighbor is a couple miles away. He was out hiking this morning and saw a creek flowing that he hadn't seen water in in 6 years. Aside from the bits of damage (stupid campers) this rain has been awesome. The cold and wet is playing hell with my bad leg but it's worth it. I think California got all the bad parts, I haven't heard of any damage here.

okbye
Crazy Aunt

Return to General Chat