[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - AB news

AB news

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

AB news

Postby carla » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:18 pm

Just a post to keep the thought alive. :wink:

Food Network is heading back to Kitchen Stadium. The cabler plans to reboot its "Iron Chef America" franchise with a fresh incarnation dubbed "Iron Chef Gauntlet."
The cooking competition will be hosted once again by Food Network regular Alton Brown, who gained fame through his "color commentary" reporting on "Iron Chef." "Gauntlet" is expected to begin production early next year for a second-quarter premiere. Details of the new format are thin other than it promises to offer some new twists on the cooking-showdown format.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/iron-ch ... 201927455/

And talk of a coffee shop in Marietta.

Brown tells Eater Atlanta, "It is my intention to open a coffee shop in Marietta, Ga., though I'm not at a point where I can release any details. I can tell you this — no, no, I've said too much already."
https://www.tastingtable.com/dine/natio ... op-georgia
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Re: AB news

Postby Butterbean » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:32 am

Good news about Iron Chef. I'm glad to see Food Network is (maybe) getting away from cupcake wars, kids cooking, worst cooks & Guy Fieri.

Norm mentioned the Marietta coffee shop on FB, but no details. Good news for the greater Atlanta briners.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Nitro » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:40 pm

I don't watch them, but I'm not sure I really have a problem with shows that have kids cooking. If it gets them interested in cooking, and cooking safely at a young age, trying new things after watching, isn't that a good thing?
Nitro
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:13 pm

Those kids boggle my mind. I watch Chopped a lot. And I'm following Bravo's Top Chef.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Return to General Chat