[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Bless You, Greg Allman

Bless You, Greg Allman

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

Bless You, Greg Allman

Postby carla » Sun May 28, 2017 1:53 am

I'm listening to Stormy Monday.
Already listened to Dream.

Had my elbows on their stage in the mid-nineties.
Just glad Allman Bros were part of my childhood musical education. So good, so sweet.

RIP, Greg, Thank you.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Re: Bless You, Greg Allman

Postby carla » Sun May 28, 2017 2:00 am

And EVERY song you see when you google AB songs.

I'm still partial to " Shades of Two Worlds" from '91.

I'm so old. Oh well, what the hell
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Butterbean » Sun May 28, 2017 10:54 am

Back in the early spring of 1970, I joined some friends for a weekend road trip to the Winter's End Rock Festival in Orlando, which was touted as a second Woodstock. However, the town had other ideas & threatened arrests. All the big-name acts backed out. The festival went on with much smaller crowds & local bands, including an unknown group called the Allman Brothers. As I recall, they were pretty good.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby tj » Mon May 29, 2017 1:55 pm

somewhere in the late sixties the Allman Brothers showed up at my college and gave an on campus performance. I didn't go. It wasn't my thing then and still isn't to a great extent, but I remember very clearly the reaction of my fellow students. They loved it. What was even more notable was that students had talked directly to members of the band. It boiled down to the band saying that they liked the campus and the reception that they would be glad to come back any time and play. The vibe was great. Not sure why that has stuck in my head all these years, but it has.
tj
Admiral Briner

Postby todd » Mon May 29, 2017 7:21 pm

todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Mon May 29, 2017 8:08 pm

I don't care for 70s rock, never have. But I know how many musicians I do like were influenced by Greg and the Allman bros. Thanks dude. :)
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby carla » Tue May 30, 2017 10:36 pm

Sorry Todd. That's pop, played to death on the radio.

Here's some REAL Allman Bros. music! :wink:

Fillmore East

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIRBLUh3MGM

gawds, Dickie Betts was hot in several ways. :D
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby todd » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:59 pm

That's cool carla, that version of Midnight Rider has a special place in my heart. 8)
todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:53 pm

Me too, in a way. Sorry I was so critical! I'm all about the old stuff but listened to a Greg greatest hits album in jr. high; that's my connection to the song. Didn't realize it was so old.

and THIS is SUCH a GREAT album! :D

James Gang Rides Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=patMZhRgv-Q

(Joe Walsh 1970 for you young un's. :wink:)
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Return to General Chat