[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - AB has CATS. Dragon Con Announce

AB has CATS. Dragon Con Announce

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

AB has CATS. Dragon Con Announce

Postby carla » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 am

He's made several recent social media announcements about being on a panel at Dragon Con. Seems it's always in Atlanta; makes sense. http://www.dragoncon.org/

I didn't know AB was bald.

But I was shocked to find out he likes/owns cats!

His kits were rescued from under the house, reportedly abandoned by mom (poor thing was probably starving or hit by car.)

He has and shows a tuxedo (black & white) cat, named "Stir Fry," whose whiskers he extolls, and the other, a white w/black ears cat. Only the face is shown; what little (none of his body) was seen was white. I wonder if he/it has other spots of color. That's "Shrimp Toast." AB promised he wouldn't eat them. :P I kinda know the feeling, but he was kiddingly "disciplining," while mine was a bit more loving, as my Rosie girl lived to 17, and she had great thighs. I used to cuddle and pet her and sometimes hold them and say "what great thighs you have." Yes, I did sometimes think of chicken or turkey thighs. :lol:

Anyways, I was surprised. Made me like him even more than I have in the past many years; after the worship and high profile and some issues,all of which were covered here in the day. But I no longer know anything about him, aside from what we all knew in the past. Except that he divorced. I hope he's less judgmental, which was always subtle. Except the weight thing. He was drinking a Negroni during his announcement. I appreciated that.

I realize most of my post is about cats. They're very important to me. :D
His announcement with stuffed toy dragons and live cats and more:

https://www.facebook.com/DragonConOffic ... 5451563806

Some Q&A at the 3-4 minute mark, maybe earlier.
"Q: Pho or Ramen? A: BOTH." Ah, good one!
Worth watching for a while. I hugely appreciate the man; he's so good on camera and as a teacher. I did not yet watch all 17 minutes.

At least my shelter cat's name is Brie. That was definitely a sign we were meant to be together. :D
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Re: AB has CATS. Dragon Con Announce

Postby carla » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:49 am

AB's Dragon Con panel is Sunday, Sept. 3, 4:00 P.M. EST, in Atlanta, at Marriot Atrium Ballroom, with Widdy Turner, Lucky Yates, Production Designer Todd Bailey and more. Rooms holds 2,500 people; he will "convene all of the major Good Eats players..." And talk in detail about his "new show"; presumably online.

Dang! Hope someone here goes & reports back. Unlikely, of course.

Great. He's showing a dragon a fan made for him. Remember our b-day gifts to him?

I know Mongo & other "elders" don't look at this site. I know I'm intentionally not on FB. But (with a poor memory) I do wonder if AB ever thanked the board for the gifts in his name to Heifer International? Let alone the personalized birthday stuff from WAY back.

I loved flat AB!! I miss him. I wish all those posts were saved. I wonder who ended up with him, or where he dissolved in rain or a river. :lol: Could he be "alive"? Anyone have him?

My favorite line so far, from AB's online announcement? at 4:46 on the video. Alton Brown, AKA Alton Tong Hands. Hello Edward! :lol: check it out.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Return to General Chat