[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Whole Paycheck, not so much

Whole Paycheck, not so much

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

Whole Paycheck, not so much

Postby tj » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Anyone able to check out the "bargains" since the Amazon takeover of Whole Foods?

Their store in my town is completely on the other side of the metropolis so it is unlikely I will do so.

What I am really wondering is if they may be marking down any of the specialty canned goods. That might be worth the long trip.
tj
Admiral Briner

Re: Whole Paycheck, not so much

Postby Butterbean » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:44 pm

The closest Whole Foods is in PA, 45-60 minutes from where I live, so no. For some legal reason, the really good megamarts (Wegmans. Whole Foods) avoid Delaware like the plague.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby okbye » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:45 pm

I have the same situation, the only WF in the Phx area is about an hour drive from where I live. So I've never been there. There was no motivation before when I knew I couldn't afford it and I lived 20 minutes closer. Now it's pretty much an impossibility to get there.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby tj » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:55 pm

Interesting to see an article with price comparisons between Whole Foods, Publix, Aldi and WalMart. Somehow the WalMart demographic and Whole Paycheck do not seem to blend. What is Bezos really up to?
tj
Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:24 pm

tj wrote:Interesting to see an article with price comparisons between Whole Foods, Publix, Aldi and WalMart. Somehow the WalMart demographic and Whole Paycheck do not seem to blend. What is Bezos really up to?

World domination, I guess.

What article? Still got a link?
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby tj » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:12 pm

tj
Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:28 pm

I saw one recently saying they didn't lower prices as much as they implied they were. They did the basic stuff but their fancier stuff is still just as expensive.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Return to General Chat