[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Happy turkey day!

Happy turkey day!

General Chat for fans of Good Eats. Nothing is considered off topic (OT) here (but keep it clean, folks).

Happy turkey day!

Postby okbye » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:08 am

Nobody said hippy turks day. We were very laid back. Made a turkey and a ham and mashed potatoes and stuffing and my sister picked up some mac n cheese and sweet potatoes from Boston Market and pies from Costco. The turkey was actually good, even though my family cooks it until the thingy pops up. Ugh. Luckily it worked this time. My other sister even actually managed to show up. We sent half the food home with her so the clean up wasn't that bad. My hip is way screwed up right now and standing is not my friend, my mom is 73 and very damaged and doesn;'t stand much either, and my sister and her husband have been out shopping for 1 1/2 days so no one has done the dishes yet. Any volunteers?
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Re: Happy turkey day!

Postby tj » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:23 am

Sounds like a pretty dern good celebration of the national poultry to me. Sorry to hear of all the ailments. Hope some relief is in the offing.

Maybe there is a teenager in the neighborhood who would like some spending money for washing up? It might be worth it to round out a good holiday.

I am going to pick up a Costco Pumpkin Pie in the next day or so just because I like them and they are amazingly priced. Apple isn't bad either, but had better save getting that for celebrating weight loss.
tj
Admiral Briner

Re: Happy turkey day!

Postby okbye » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:53 pm

They got a pumpkin and a pecan pie from Costco. Their pies weigh like 75 pounds. That's a lot of pie.

Dishes didn't all get washed for like 4 days. Oh well. THey always wait for you, unfortunately. You would think they would get fed up and wash themselves but no.

Oh, we have one of those teenagers who always needs money. You don't expect him to actually do some work to get it do you? Perish the thought.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Return to General Chat