[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - One hundred push-ups program

One hundred push-ups program

Discuss nutrition and fitness, find help with your diets, nutritious recipes, etc.

Moderator: mojopox

One hundred push-ups program

Postby Slamdunkpro » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:17 am

I found this program on another forum and might give it a shot as a break from my normal strength routine. Anyone ever done it or, anyone interested in a "group effort"? We'd pick a date to start, track our progress here and offer advice and support.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
There is no problem that can’t be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order
I've been kissed by Pixie!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:10 am

I thought about doing this program and I actually got down in the floor to see how many push-ups I could do. :shock: I couldn't do a single regular push up but I managed to get out 6 on my knees. I think I could have done a few more but I knew I'd be hurting the next day if I did.
holliebrooke726
Lieutenant Junior Grade Briner

Postby jackiecat » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:28 pm

As a celebration for my 60th birthday I decided I would would work up to 1 regular push up from the floor (no knees). I managed to bang out 6, but 100 seems totally out of the realm for me!
Cheryl

I've been kissed by Pixie AND hugged by Holly!

I'm not a great cook, but I'm a GREAT taster - Ina Garten
jackiecat
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:00 pm

I'd like to be able to do a couple of pull ups before I die. If this program will help me do that, I'm in!! :lol:
holliebrooke726

Postby Slamdunkpro » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:24 pm

OK if you're interested take the test this Friday and we start on Monday the 15th.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
There is no problem that can’t be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Slamdunkpro » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Test taken - Starting at level 2 on Monday.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:03 pm

I'll be starting at level 2 on Monday also.
holliebrooke726

Postby Slamdunkpro » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:50 am

I just did day 1. OMG it kicked my butt :shock: This is going to be interesting.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:41 pm

I put it off as long as I possibly could but I just finished Day 1. I don't know if it was sheer determination or what, but it wasn't too bad. Granted, I did have to do the alternative push-up on my knees, and I think my form could have been better, but I made it through! :lol:
holliebrooke726

Postby ChileBriano » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:53 am

Just downloaded the complete program and will be testing on friday and starting week 1 next monday.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
-- Mitch Radcliffe
ChileBriano
Rear Admiral (upper half) Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:39 pm

Day 2 was a lot harder. :shock: I don't think I'll be able to put my arms together for at least another 8 weeks, and this is only a six week program. Ouch!
holliebrooke726

Postby Slamdunkpro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:09 am

Day 3 was easier for me than day 2 (go figure) 1 week down!
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Hey Slam, are you able to do more than the minimum on the last set? It was all I could do to get 10 out today. I'm wondering if I shouldn't repeat week 1...
holliebrooke726

Postby Slamdunkpro » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:25 pm

I did 11. :oops:
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Slamdunkpro » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:11 am

Started week 2 today and I didn't make the final set minimum. I looked at the program and have come to the conclusion that it's pretty aggressive. I might drop back to column 1 if I fail on Wednesday.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:31 pm

I think I'll repeat Level 1 Day 3 this week before moving on to Week 2. Maybe by next week I'll be able to do more than 10 at a time.
holliebrooke726

Postby Slamdunkpro » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:39 pm

I made it through Week 2 day 2 with no failure. Seems to me the most difficult set is the first day of the new week.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Slamdunkpro » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:36 am

Week 2 Day 3 - I didn't make the final minimum - I'm going to repeat week 2 next week
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:08 am

I feel like I'm ready to move on to Week 2 now, after repeating Week 1 Day 3 all last week. I still can just barely eek out the minimum on the last set but I can tell I've improved a lot. :D
holliebrooke726

Postby holliebrooke726 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Crap! I never would have thought that adding 1 extra rep per set would make that much difference but it kicked my butt!!!
holliebrooke726

Postby holliebrooke726 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:44 pm

You still hanging in there Slam?
holliebrooke726

Postby Slamdunkpro » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:29 am

Week 2 (repeat) complete and I did more than the minimum (yay!). On to Week 3!
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:48 pm

I've discovered the secret to being successful with this program. Do more sets! I did a few extra sets on Wednesday and I made it through today without too much of a struggle. Today I did about 3 extra sets of 12.
holliebrooke726

Postby Slamdunkpro » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:45 am

Starting week 3 - it gets a LOT harder. I'm going to try the "do extra sets" and see where it goes.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:43 pm

I'll have to look through this when I get home.

I just wanted to post that Herschel Walker reportedly never lifted a weight in his life.

He just did pushups and situps every single day and he looked pretty good with his shirt off!
G.E.S. Chickeny Hands Classic Movie Archivist and Master of Minutiae.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

http://blog.ofrg.org/
stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby holliebrooke726 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:55 pm

HOORAH!!! I did it! My arms are still trembling but I did it. I didn't take the retest, like it said to do, because I'm determined to continue on with Level 2. I have to rest longer than the suggested 60 seconds, though. 300-600 seconds is more like it!!! :lol:
holliebrooke726

Postby holliebrooke726 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Repeating Week 3 this week. I messed up my neck last week while doing push-ups (go figure) so I didn't complete Week 3 last week. Doing much better now.
holliebrooke726

Postby chefshawn » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:59 pm

so, how'd it go, you two?

i only just now checked into this forum for the first time in forever. i noticed this thread, then noticed how, like far too many fitness goal-oriented threads, it just...stopped.

did either of you finish?

anyone wanna try again, versus me? i'll be surprised if i can pull off more than 10 regular pushups.

upstairs, i have a set of "prefect pushups" that i used for a few weeks, and felt like i got nowhere. i did alternative pushups on my knees, with a thin pillow under my kneesto keep the carpet from rubbing them off. i think i'ld like to try the 100-way without the perfect pushup devices. i think they may actually make it harder, but i have not tested this theory.

shawn

(i'll p.m. you two if i dont hear from you in a couple of days.)
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby Slamdunkpro » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:34 am

chefshawn wrote:so, how'd it go, you two?

i only just now checked into this forum for the first time in forever. i noticed this thread, then noticed how, like far too many fitness goal-oriented threads, it just...stopped.

did either of you finish?

anyone wanna try again, versus me? i'll be surprised if i can pull off more than 10 regular pushups.

I tore up my right shoulder in the middle of the program. It's taken a while for it to get back to 95%. I'm willing to give it another go.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Rockford 10 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:33 am

I got to where I could do about 40 pushups at a time and then realized I didn't really care and my arms were really sore.

It was a fine idea, but a little agressive for my uses.
Rockford 10
Captain Briner

Next

Return to Fitness Forum