[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Good book

Good book

Discuss nutrition and fitness, find help with your diets, nutritious recipes, etc.

Moderator: mojopox

Good book

Postby Catherine » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Mark Bittman's Food Matters. Not so much a 'diet', but the way he eats and lives, what he calls 'sane' eating. Its fascinating to read. And he has some recipes too.
Catherine
Admiral Briner

Postby new cook » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:04 pm

I haven't read it yet. What does he define as a "sane" diet?

The way I look at it, the best and most sane diet is one that is made up of a variety of whole foods, with an emphasis on vegetables & grains, and one that includes very very little, if anything, that's refined or processed. Eat the rainbow! Looking at the bigger picture, it would also be organic and locally produced whenever possible. Farmers' markets and CSAs can help keep down costs, and if there's room and time for a home garden, all the better.

Basically, it's a diet that optimizes health and well-being, is satisfying, pleasing to look at and delicious. We are what we eat! 8)

ETA: Almost forgot! Portion control is VERY important, as is eating healthy snacks between meals. I've actually found that small meals and snacks are best for me, rather than loading up 3 x a day.
Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments.
-Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-92)

(I'm trying to avoid eating mammals. Not getting silly, I've redefined bacon as a spice)
-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Re: Good book

Postby kordiemoranto » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:42 am

Catherine
Just gone through the books its interesting to read out the entire book.The author made the variety of food and mostly emphasis on the veg. and grains.
:clap:
kordiemoranto

Return to Fitness Forum