[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - un intentional but welcomed weightloss

un intentional but welcomed weightloss

Discuss nutrition and fitness, find help with your diets, nutritious recipes, etc.

Moderator: mojopox

un intentional but welcomed weightloss

Postby sockpuppet » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:18 am

I lost from 246 to 206 a few years ago without really trying just little changes. I then stopped and for two years couldn't loose a pound. I actually put 3 back on. Despite my efforts.

In the past two months I have lost down to 194. The problem is right now I am barely eating. I can only attribute it to the Janumet the Dr. put me on. I seem to have developed aversions to most foods. That is I look at them and feel nauseous. Any advise? I seem to be ok eating cheese, olives, veggies.
Beware the Sock!
sockpuppet
Rear Admiral (upper half) Briner

Postby new cook » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:40 pm

That's great that you've lost all that weight so far! A rebound of only 3 lbs is nothing to worry about, imo. You've still lost 43 pounds! :clap:

I don't know anything about Janumet. Have you told your doctor you're barely eating? Is he/she making sure you're getting enough nutritional support?

One thing I've found is that exercise is a necessary complement to dietary changes when it comes to weight loss. If you've been exercising and have plateaued, try something different and mix it up.

I don't know what your physical makeup is, but if you are muscularly weak, then start doing some resistance exercise to build up muscle mass. You need muscle for improved metabolism and to burn calories efficiently. Building up core strength will help in so many ways, including making aerobic exercise so much easier! Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so mind your body shape and fitness level, and not just what reads on the scale.

Also try some deep breathing exercises and drink plenty of water. Oxygen is a good thing! :)
Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments.
-Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-92)

(I'm trying to avoid eating mammals. Not getting silly, I've redefined bacon as a spice)
-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Thursday Next Fan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:22 am

From the FDA"

WARNING: LACTIC ACIDOSIS

See full prescribing information for complete boxed warning.

Lactic acidosis can occur due to metformin accumulation. The risk increases with conditions such as sepsis, dehydration, excess alcohol intake, hepatic insufficiency, renal impairment, and acute congestive heart failure. (5.1)
Symptoms include malaise, myalgias, respiratory distress, increasing somnolence, and nonspecific abdominal distress. Laboratory abnormalities include low pH, increased anion gap and elevated blood lactate. (5.1)
If acidosis is suspected, discontinue Janumet® and hospitalize the patient immediately. (5.1)

un-intentional weight loss scares the be-jebers out of me.

In 1999 I was 265lbs and suddenly started losing weight. Down to under 200 in a matter of weeks. My doctor ignored my questions about it. He just looked me up and down and said, "You could stand to loose a few pounds."
It was cancer (discovered by a nurse practicioner) and I went down to 153 before it was halted.

Check out that weight loss with your doctor or someone!!!
http://youravon.com/jnebergall

Cash For Books - They Buy Books & Pay The Shipping! http://cash4books.net/index.php?ref=97338
Thursday Next Fan
Lieutenant Commander Briner

Postby new cook » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 am

ThursdayNextFan, I'm so glad the cancer was discovered!

I'd read the first 43 pounds lost by Sockpuppet as being due to the "small changes" she'd made a few years ago, which is great. But you're right, ThursdayNextFan: the recent 15 pound loss could be due to a dangerous side effect of the Janumet, or something else.

Talk to your doctor right away, Sockpuppet! And get a second opinion if he/she tries to brush off your concerns as "nothing."
Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments.
-Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-92)

(I'm trying to avoid eating mammals. Not getting silly, I've redefined bacon as a spice)
-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Return to Fitness Forum