[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Ever experience an appetite crash?

Ever experience an appetite crash?

Discuss nutrition and fitness, find help with your diets, nutritious recipes, etc.

Moderator: mojopox

Ever experience an appetite crash?

Postby Jikuu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm trying to get some more information, maybe see if this is normal or weird, and it anyone's experienced this before. I haven't been able to find much online, so I thought I'd try more living sources.
About three months ago, I suddenly lost my appetite during two weeks of, um, "tummy troubles". At this point, I'm still consuming only about 800 to 1000 calories. I usually have a really big sweet tooth, and now that's a lot more muted. I don't really touch ice cream or candy like I used to, but I was never big on eating meat or vegetables either. These days are just grabbing a small something that's light to silence hunger pangs and keep moving through the day. Due to this change in appetite, I've lost about 15 pounds without trying and my husband's worried that I've developed an eating disorder or something. During this time, though, I've at least tried to take vitamin supplements to keep the body somewhat functional.
I'm curious if anyone's had a serious decrease in appetite from other sources as well for comparison. Has anyone else gone through this?
Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. ~Leo Buscaglia
Jikuu
Senior Chief Petty Officer Briner

Re: Ever experience an appetite crash?

Postby todd » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:23 pm

I have.
With me, it's happened when something is affecting my kids or marriage in a negative way.
todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

I've done that after being sick, the trick is to keep it up. I don't know whether it's mental or physical but your stomach "shrinks" and it takes less food to feel full.
As far as the candy my doctor was telling me it takes about 2 weeks to break a carb craving. If you've managed 2 weeks without sweets you've broken the craving and should rejoice!
Do you need to lose any weight? If you do I wouldn't worry about it too much but you do still need nutrition. I would work on trying to get into the habit of healthy foods while you're kind of on a clean slate. Start with some fruits and vegetables and see what happens.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby Jikuu » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks for the advice. I've gone back to eating fruits, whole grains, some animal protein and vegetables, and a sweet every now and again. I am kinda glad that I'm not stuck on candy anymore and have kind of grown scared of eating it lest I bring back the pain. I'm still losing weight but at a much slower and healthier pace. As far as if I need to lose weight, well, I have a couple camps on that subject, unfortunately, so I'm just gonna go with the flow and they can figure it out.
Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. ~Leo Buscaglia
Jikuu
Senior Chief Petty Officer Briner

Return to Fitness Forum