[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - 265.2

Discuss nutrition and fitness, find help with your diets, nutritious recipes, etc.

Moderator: mojopox

Postby stixx23 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:10 pm

That's what the scale said this morning as I start my healthier eating regimen for real. There was a "soft opening," as they say in the restaurant biz, last week as I started to try some things with the food plan AB laid out in his Live and Let Diet episode.

I really like the smoothie recipe. I've had five or six of those since last week. got some real Acai berry juice, put some older bananas in the freezer and bought some other frozen fruit. the blueberries we've had in there for awhile dating back to when Walmart had them for like a dollar a container or something.

I really like sweet potatoes. We just cut them into sticks, spray with a little Pam, sprinkle salt and pepper on them and roast them in the oven. Quite delicious. pretty much the same application for the broccoli on alternate days.

Pretty much every dinner will have leafy greens. most likely in salad form, but I did buy some spinach the other day and may try to do a quick wilting in some oil and garlic. If that goes well, a store has some locally grown beet greens that I may try.

Avocado will be the most difficult part, I think. maybe I can include it in the smoothie. it's just not a taste I've acquired yet.

We have some sardines, but I've not tried them yet. getting some salmon may be our best bet for oily fish.

As for exercising, we got an elliptical machine late this summer and I shall be doing that with some regularity. Probably at night when I listen to podcasts, but perhaps after awhile I can get motivated to try it in the morning.

In a perfect world, I'd like to be down to 250 by my 40th birthday in January and then down to 200 for my 41st. but more than that, i just want to actually stick to something for longer than a couple weeks.

So we shall see how this all works out!
G.E.S. Chickeny Hands Classic Movie Archivist and Master of Minutiae.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

http://blog.ofrg.org/
stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Re: 265.2

Postby n8urebabe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:10 pm

It sounds like you have very reasonable goals. I wish you the best of luck and health with them.
I know what you mean about sticking to something for more than a couple of weeks. I think my goal between now and January is just not to gain any weight this year. I gain almost 10 pounds last holiday season and I never lost it. :oops:
Dawn
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Harriet Van Horne

The act of giving is more important than the merit of the receiver.

Luke: I'll bring back brownies.
Lorelai: Ooh, the pouting has left the building.

n8urebabe
Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Week 2: 259.6

This has exceeded my expectations by a mile! 5.6-pounds lost in a week is some kind of record for me. I'm sure it will taper off as my body adjusts to the new regime. But it still feels good!

I wasn't able to meet all of the requirements. I had fruit and nuts all seven days, missed leafy greens one day, whole grains and carrots missed two days and green tea missed three days. I actually had five days of oily fish, broccoli and sweet potato were the recommended three days, yogurt was two and I haven't had avocado at all. May have to hold my nose on that one. As for the once a week foods, I managed to go the whole week w/o red meat or pasta. We had alcohol two days, but weekends are made for wine in our house and we had dessert four times because it was slaggy's birthday the wknd before and we had leftover cake. But it was small portions.

This week there will be no cake, however there is a wine dinner on Saturday we're going to. Still, I think we can have one splurge if we continue on this path.

Favorite recipes so far... still love the smoothies and have had one every day but yesterday. We went to an actual fishmonger over the weekend and got salmon and tuna. I think I liked the salmon better, but that's probably due to my cooking skills more than anything. The salmon was baked in the oven while the tuna was pan seared. I did a whole trout in paper earlier in the week and it was good the first day, although there were many bones that made it annoying. We also liked wilting some greens. I thought the spinach was better than the turnip greens, but that may have been a recipe-related problem as well. for sweet potatoes, we like just cutting them into planks and roasting in the oven with some salt and pepper. Same with the broccoli.

I need to exercise more as a part of this. I did use the elliptical twice last week. This week I'm working from home which will allow me to be more active than just sitting at a computer all day. I have a list of projects to do, so that will be good.

Here's hoping for another successful week!

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Week 3: 258.2

1.4 pounds lost for the week, 7 pounds total. I knew last week's total wouldn't be repeated. Especially because on Saturday we went to a five course wine dinner. But it's nice to know that we can splurge like that occasionally and my weight still heads in the right direction.

One of the big surprises for me this week is finding out that I like sardines. So more of those will be added to the shopping cart this week. Also last night I made a real nice vegetable soup. I sweated some onions, celery and carrots, added a little garlic and then put in a box of broth. I thought we had chicken broth, but it was actually beef, so I cut it with a little water so that it wasn't overpowering. Then I added some turnip greens and a half cup of rice, brought to a boil and put a steamer basket in with some broccoli on it. About 20-minutes of simmering later, the steamed broccoli was dumped in and the soup was served. It was really tasty! And with cold weather coming, it will be a nice regular addition to the menu.

I need to get more exercise in. I didn't do any elliptical over the past week, in part because I was doing a lot of stuff around the house (working from home for a bit). It was more activity than what I'd be doing otherwise, but it wasn't very aerobic. I did play a bit of Wii Resort which gave some activity. especially the canoeing.

So, with seven pounds lost, it would appear I'm well on my way to reach my goal of 250 by my 40th birthday. In fact, if I could make it to 240 by my 40th, that would be even better! Of course, that means trying to lose weight during the holidays - not an easy task.

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 am

Found out today that avocados don't change the taste of a smoothie much. Thanks to slaggy for being the guinea pig on that one. So that will make it much easier to meet the goals every week.

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:52 am

Week 4: 255.8

That's 2.4 pounds lost for the week and 9.4 total. I'm very pleased!

Found a new dinner we're going to have regularly: sushi. I know, I was surprised that I'd like it so much myself. Slaggy made it this weekend and it was very tasty. She used carrots, celery and avocado along with the sushi rice (used AB's recipe) and nori. It's a nice change of pace.

The only category I ate every day last week was nuts. Missed carrots and fruit once each, leafy greens twice and the whole grains and green tea three times. I haven't gotten into the habit of green tea every night yet. And whole grains I really only get with brown rice. I suppose I could try to get oatmeal involved somehow.

I actually had avocado three times last week, but didn't get any yogurt. that's going to have to change. I really don't get any dairy at all, so I should probably make sure the yogurt is included when possible.

Mind you, this coming week is not going to be pretty. I'm going to try my hardest to eat as healthy as possible. I'm especially going to try to cut down on the alcohol consumption that usually comes with the holidays. I will be very happy if I've stayed level when next Monday's weigh-in comes around.

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:57 pm

I gained weight this week. Luckily, I was true to the system for as much of the week as possible, so the damage was as minimal as it could be,

Week 5: 256.0

That's up 0.2 pounds for the week and a loss of 9.2 total.

All things considered, that's pretty good. My parents were in town for the whole week, so there was a lot of food and alcohol to be had. I tried to keep the portions small and limit the alcohol to a glass or two of wine. No beer and no hard liquor at all which is unusual for me around the holidays. ;) My chart is the barest it's been in the month I've been doing this. Didn't have a single sweet potato all week. Broccoli was a part of Thanksgiving, but it was adulterated with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, so it wasn't as healthy as it should have been.

Still, all the leftovers have been consumed or thrown away and I think I will be making turkey stock today which will lead to vegetable soup tonight. I'll make sure there's lots of good stuff in there like kale. Here's hoping that I get back on the downward trend this week!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:31 am

Week 6: 253.2

That's 2.8 pounds lost last week and 12-pounds total since November 1st!

I haven't lost this much weight in over a decade. Back when I lived in Iowa (1999-2001), I dropped about 30-pounds, going from 232 to about 205. Since then, it's been a steady climb to the 265.2 that I was at November 1st. In both cases, it required a change in mindset. I can't lose weight by eating the same crap and exercising more and I can't lose weight by eating less and staying on the couch. It requires both (for me). And while I'm not burning up the elliptical, I am using it some and playing the Wii regularly as well.

But the food side is truly where the change has happened. Yes, it requires more frequent trips to the store for fresh veggies and fish. And yes, it's a bit more involved than making a box of mac and cheese. But we've found combinations of food that we like and by not eating out as much, the cost really isn't all that different. By being a bit more adventuresome, I've found that I like sardines and wilted greens and many other foods I've not tried before. And on the occasions we do go out, i find that there are healthful options out there.

Best of all, I love the rush of checking my weight and seeing a lower number than I saw last time. Fells pretty good!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Week 7: 251.6

That's down 1.6 pounds for the week and 13.6 since November 1st!

I really concentrated on trying to hit everything as outlined in the plan and came pretty close! There are 6 foods you're supposed to hit every day, so 42 boxes on my spreadsheet for the week. There are Xs in 41 of those. For the foods to eat 3x per week, I got every one of them at least twice which is the first time that's happened. I also made sure to use the Wii as much as possible, which helped. I really need to get in the elliptical habit, though. Maybe I can concentrate on that this week.

It sure looks like I'll be under 250 for Christmas, which will be quite an accomplishment, I think. I'm starting to notice clothes fitting better. Of course, one of the reasons I started this was because my suits were getting damn near impossible to button. So at this point they are still kind of tight, but I can feel a difference and it feels good! I still have a long road ahead, but it does help to look back and see that a good chunk of road has already been traversed.

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Week 8: 249.2

That's down 2.4 for the week and 16.0 overall! My goal of being under 250 by Christmas has been achieved!

I don't think I'll be able to get to 240 by my birthday (January 10th), but it won't be for a lack of trying. I think if I could make it to 245 by then, it would be quite an accomplishment, considering Christmas and New Year's are in there as well. But then, slaggy and I went out to eat twice this week and I managed to have one of my better weeks, so it can be done!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Week 9: 248.8

That's down .4 for the week and 16.4 total.

Not bad for Christmas week!

No sense going into what I ate and didn't. Suffice to say it was the worst week in terms of eating what I was supposed to and avoiding what I wasn't supposed to eat. But somehow I lost a bit. Only thing I can say is not having my parents here for this holiday meant a little less alcohol consumed. ;)

We'll see how a whole week of vacation eating works out!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby LucyLu » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Good for you!!!

I am so happy/proud of you! I loved reading all of your posts and please keep them coming! Try not to fret over the avocado. You are eating nuts and oily fish and that should be enough to get your healthy oils and the greens you eating are helping to cover the green you are missing from the avocado.

If you have any fitness related questions, please let me know! I am a certified personal fitness trainer as well as a group exercise instructor, so I may have some helpful hints in that department.

Good luck and please keep up the awesome work!
Lucy

~The GEFP official Ace of Cakes~
LucyLu
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Week 10: 250.0

That's up 1.2 for the week, but still down 15.2 overall.

Not surprising at all. In fact, as much wine as I drank over the last week, I'm kind of shocked that it's not higher! I was lax with the food categories and did very little, if any, exercising. But with the new year starting and a new job on top of that, I think this will be just a blip on the radar when I look back six months from now.

I got back on the horse today and it feels pretty good to be back to the eating regimen. I've gotten my carrots, fruit and nuts in so far, plus one of my yogurts for the week. Dinner for tonight will probably be a salad with leftover black-eyed peas which is pretty darn healthy. I also plan on making the CI recipe for Tuscan White Bean soup this week which seems pretty darn healthy as well (when made w/o the pancetta and with some kale or other green thrown in).

Now I just have to get back into exercising. Speaking of which, thanks for the encouragement, LucyLu! I hope to do more exercising as it's not something I like all that much. but since I've been able to stick with the healthy eating for two months now, I suppose it's time to add another important element to my regimen. I'll let you know if I have any questions!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby ghenne » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:02 pm

I have a list of green, yellow and red foods on my fridge (Green = Go! Eat!, Yellow - eat with caution, Red = avoid, so all the good stuff, lol) really helps when I'm getting bored with the same ole same ole. It just helps me choose different things to eat.

I can't find the exact list I have, but this one is very similar. BTW Avocado is on the yellow list, lol.

http://www.doctoremery.com/SBGreenYello ... sList.html
"My religion is kindness." ~Dalai Lama ~
ghenne
Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 am

^5 Stixx!!

I lurve black-eyed peas. Maybe with a touch of vinaigrette? I like the ones in the freezer bags; great simmered with greens, some defatted broth (and even a veggie "burger" patty or sausage. LOL). And a bit of olive oil.

Mmmmm, cannellini white beans? A pantry staple. I think you could make a great dip with them, simply pureed. There were recipes on the board. (yep, AB did them too, right?)
Wonderful with pesto!
And a huge satisfyiing meal with tuna in olive oil, red onion or green (scallions), tons of herbs & pepper.

I often eat yogurt for dessert. Just fruit, not like the stuff on the commercial: black forest cake, lemon meringue. Not that I haven't thought about them, but I LIKE mixed berry & strawberry/banana yogurt!

I too am enjoying your updates. You're kicking butt.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby stixx23 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Week 11: 249.6

That's down .4 for the week and 15.6 total.

I totally forgot to weigh myself yesterday, so today's weight reflects a birthday meal that included filet mignon and the equivalent of about four of AB's chewy chocolate chip cookies. We also went out for dinner on Saturday for my birthday, so that wasn't the best of all possible worlds.

Still, a loss is a loss. I'm trying hard for the rest of this week to stay on the eating plan and I will also try to get more exercise in. I've been very lax with that and even some Wii playing would be better than watching TV or playing on the computer.

I will do better this week!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Week 12: 244.4

that's down 5.2 pounds for the week and 20.8 since November 1st!

I can't believe I've lost 20-pounds! I didn't think I was doing good this week. We went out to eat twice and I hardly did any exercising. but something must have worked well because the scale don't lie. Feels good breaking that 20-pound barrier. next barrier is 26.5 which would mean losing 10% of my body weight.

If I can lose 20-pounds in 11-weeks that includes the biggest eating holidays of the year, I figure I can lose another 20 in eight weeks or so. So my goal is to be at 225 by March 14th. I know I'm going to have to exercise in order to make that happen because the 20-pounds lost so far has been low-hanging fruit, so to speak. Losing another 20 will require more than just changing some eating habits. here's hoping I can put my money where my mouth is.

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:51 am

stixx23 wrote:here's hoping I can put my money where my mouth is.

:clap: :dance: :clap:
we have faith. Great job!
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby stixx23 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 am

Week 13: 244.0

That's down .4 for the week and 21.2 since November 1st.

I didn't put much money where my mouth was. I think I only worked out once last week. This week, we're going to go wine-free and see what that does. I've been pretty lax with the one drink per week part of the eating plan, so I'll try cutting it out altogether. When you share a bottle of wine, you're drinking about 12-ounces of wine which has about 300-calories. It all adds up!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 am

Week 14: 239.6

That's down 4.4 for the week and 25.2 since November 1st!

I can't remember the last time I was below 240, but I'm assuming it was at some point while living in Bakersfield, so at least 5 years. It feels pretty good! Even better, assuming I don't screw things up on Super Bowl Sunday, I should reach my first goal next week that gets me Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Yum!

One thing we did this weekend was make it a Wine-free Weekend. We consumed no alcohol at all this week and with the results I had, I think we'll be keeping it down to once per week from now on, unless there's some special occasion. It was something we were lax about and probably shouldn't have been. I still didn't do the exercising I should have done, so it gives me hope that if I do that this week, it could allow me to splurge a bit on Sunday and still see results. I think tomorrow I'll be getting a workout with shoveling out from Snowmageddon, so that'll be nice...

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:23 am

Week 15: 238.0

That is down 1.6 for the week and 27.2 since November 1st!

We had a snow/ice storm this week that kept me at home for four days, so that might have impacted my activity level (although there was some aerobic snow removal). Today I started back up on the Wii Active, going back to the 30-day challenge. Day 1 wasn't as horrible as I remember it being, but I'm not sure if that's a faulty memory or the fact that I'm probably at least 20-pounds lighter than the last time I did it.

Looking forward to getting back into a groove, but Mother Nature has other ideas: there's a storm predicted for late Tuesday and Wednesday that could dump another 6-12 inches!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 am

by popular demand...

Week 16: 235.8

That's down 2.2 for the week and 29.4 since November 1st!

I apologize for not posting earlier this week. It's been a very busy one at work. On the good side, that has often kept me from eating. I'm just hoping that I didn't ruin all that with the alcohol consumption today (half a bottle of wine, half a glass of port and some limoncello).

I don't know when I'll post next week's weight. I'm actually doing the weigh-in on Sunday morning because I'm going out of town on business. I'm hoping it will be an official break of the 30-pound barrier! I'll try to remember to post at some point, but my flight actually leaves Sunday morning, so I can't say when exactly it will happen.

I'm going to Vegas. I'm hoping that the meals don't get the better of me. We'll see!

Thanks for the support, everyone!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Week 18: 234.8

That's down a pound since the last weigh in (two weeks ago) and 31.4 since November 1st!

I never did weigh myself last Sunday, so I have no way of knowing how well or poorly I did on the trip to Vegas. I know from experience that I certainly ate things I don't normally eat and drank things I don't normally drink (or at least in quantities I no longer drink). But I'm happy that the end result is still trending downward.

I really want my Krispy Kreme donuts, though, so I'm going to try like the Dickens to lose 4.8 pounds this week. That means more exercise than I have been doing (although one saving grace from the Vegas trip was a lot of walking from the room to the area with the meeting rooms). I think if I can get 30-minutes or more each day, that will be enough to put me over the top, as it were.

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Week 19: 230.6

That's down 4.2 from last week and 34.6 since November 1st!

Missed getting the Krispy Kreme bonus by less than a pound! But it will be mine next week! I did a little more working out this week than I have in most previous weeks. I used the elliptical three times, totaling about an hour. I also switched to taking the stairs at the State Capitol rather than the elevator. It's four flights to get to the House and Senate galleries, so it's not insignificant.

I actually ended up lower than I thought I would, mainly because I slipped back into some bad eating habits this week by choosing some fast food rather than packing my lunch. It's nice to know I can make good fast food options, though. (hint, stay away from the fries!)

slaggy and I have been watching Lidia's Italy lately and seeing some recipes we'd like to try. There was one for pasta with lentils and another that used broccolini. I'm also looking forward to what AB does with chick peas in the upcoming episode. I hope there are some healthy options (since he's not exactly focused on healthy dishes since the episode that got me to lose nearly 35-pounds!)

So next week starts my 20th week. It would be really nice if I could wrap up the 20th week (or starting the 21st, however you want to look at it) by getting 40-pounds lost total.

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Week 20: 229.0

That's down 1.6 for the week and 36.2 since November 1st!

Krispy Kremes will be mine!

I'm at work, so I can't post more. But I'm really happy!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 am

Week 21: 228.4

That's down 0.6 for the week and 36.8 since November 1st!

Didn't get to 40-pounds lost in 20-weeks, but I'm not complaining. It was a long week covering the Legislature with sessions of 14 and 15 hours on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively. That means I was sitting for much of that time rather than moving around. And I'm sure the Krispy Kremes on Saturday didn't help, but they were so GOOD!

I don't think losing 3.2 pounds this week is out of the realm of possibility. That would get me to 40-pounds total lost and a Big Country (essentially a meat lover's) Hideaway Pizza for reaching the goal.

But even if I don't reach it at the end of this week, I know it will come.

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Week 22: 227.2

That's down 1.2 for the week and 38.0 since November 1st!

I'm a little disappointed in my performance the last couple weeks. It sounds horrible to say that when the weight is slowly coming off, but I know I should be doing better. I've again done little to no working out this week. I think had I done so, I'd be that much closer to getting a pizza.

I WILL lose two pounds this week!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:18 pm

You really don't want to aim for more than a pound a week. Any more than that and it's not from having a healthier lifestyle, it's from strict dieting that you won't be able to keep up for the long term. Take it slow and make it permanent.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby stixx23 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 am

Week 23: 224.4

That's down 2.8 for the week and 40.8 since November 1st!

The 40-pound barrier has been broken! I never thought that would have happened back in November. So I guess first I have to thank AB for laying out a plan I could actually stick to. And thanks to slaggy for going along with the new eating plan at home. It's not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I've found foods I never thought I'd like or had bad experiences with in the past that really help me along. If you'd told me a year ago that I'd be eating baked salmon with turnip greens and black beans, I'd have called you a liar. But that's what we had last night and it was both tasty and filling!

So this coming weekend, slaggy and I will be celebrating with a Big Country pizza from Hideaway. It's named after the Oklahoma State basketball player Bryant Reeves because it's a hearty meal with pepperoni, Canadian bacon, polish Sausage (kielbasa), hamburger and two types of cheeses. It's sooooo good! And soooo not good for you when eaten on a regular basis. But it's a good reward for getting this far. When I get to 220, it's BBQ at Van's Pig Stand, something I've done without for five long months!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby n8urebabe » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Well done Stixx!!! :clap: You may have been inspired by AB's plan but you're the one who did the work. A well done for slaggy too for her support in reaching your goals. Enjoy your reward. :D
Dawn
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Harriet Van Horne

The act of giving is more important than the merit of the receiver.

Luke: I'll bring back brownies.
Lorelai: Ooh, the pouting has left the building.

n8urebabe
Admiral Briner

Next

Return to Fitness Forum