[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - 265.2

Discuss nutrition and fitness, find help with your diets, nutritious recipes, etc.

Moderator: mojopox

Re: 265.2

Postby todd » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm

That is truly a MILESTONE!!! :clap:
todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Week 24: 223.6

That's down 0.8 for the week and 41.6 since November 1st!

Sorry for not posting this earlier. Totally forgot. I was a bad boy a couple times last week, not including the pizza (which tasted GREAT, by the way). But sometimes a guy just has to have a real vanilla shake. Probably shouldn't have gotten the large. And probably should have worked out.

This weekend will be very garden-centric, so I'm hoping to get a workout in that way. I'd really like to celebrate a half-year of eating better by getting below 220. It would be nice to get the BBQ that comes with that as well!
G.E.S. Chickeny Hands Classic Movie Archivist and Master of Minutiae.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

http://blog.ofrg.org/
stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Looks like I've been lax in updating this. You can follow my progress on Twitter (@PJR23), though, as I tweet my weight every Monday.

Week 25: 224.8 which is up 1.2 pounds for the week. Oops!
Week 26: 222.2 which is down 2.6 for the week. Yay!
Week 27: 221.6 which is down 0.6 for the week and 43.6 pounds since November 1st!

I thought it would be better this week because we did a lot of activity this weekend, including gardening and cleaning of the garage. But my work week consisted of a lot of sitting and typing which probably didn't help the situation. Still, a loss is a loss and I'm that much closer to 220 and a BBQ dinner. This week, I think I'm finally going to buy some new suits. The pants I have currently slip off while zipped and fastened. The coats could be double-breasted, there's so much room. It's a problem I'm glad to have, though. It's weird because I don't really feel any different and don't feel like I'm depriving myself of food (except in rare cases like when I see all the Easter candy on sale).

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Looks like I've been lax in updating this. You can follow my progress on Twitter (@PJR23), though, as I tweet my weight every Monday.

Week 25: 224.8 which is up 1.2 pounds for the week. Oops!
Week 26: 222.2 which is down 2.6 for the week. Yay!
Week 27: 221.6 which is down 0.6 for the week and 43.6 pounds since November 1st!

I thought it would be better this week because we did a lot of activity this weekend, including gardening and cleaning of the garage. But my work week consisted of a lot of sitting and typing which probably didn't help the situation. Still, a loss is a loss and I'm that much closer to 220 and a BBQ dinner. This week, I think I'm finally going to buy some new suits. The pants I have currently slip off while zipped and fastened. The coats could be double-breasted, there's so much room. It's a problem I'm glad to have, though. It's weird because I don't really feel any different and don't feel like I'm depriving myself of food (except in rare cases like when I see all the Easter candy on sale).

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:36 am

Hmmm, work apparently kept me from posting last week. Well, it wasn't much to report. 221.4 which was down just 0.2 since the week before. This week, however...

Week 29: 220.0 that's down 1.4 for the week and 45.2 since November 1st!

I didn't get much formal working out done, but this weekend was filled with yard work including building a new tree ring with concrete blocks. So that was kind of like weight-lifting. Plenty of bending involved as well. I'm certainly feeling today as though I worked out hard. So here's hoping the downward trend can continue!

Oh and by getting to 220, I get BBQ from our favorite spot in Norman this weekend. It will be the first time we've eaten there since Thanksgiving weekend. I've missed the place!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby chefshawn » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:51 pm

is your favorite spot in norman his lap? not sure where on him i'd accept bbq from.

in other news, way to rock it out, man! you're just a few pounds from the big 50!

me? i'm not even halfway to my goal of a pound a week for the year. but this aint my thread.

keep it up! i mean down!
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby stixx23 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Seven months later, he posts...

Today's weight is 237.4 which is down 1.8 for the week and 1.8 since January 1st.

I'm not counting the weight since November 2010 because that's history. I got down to about 218 in late June before the wedding. Then between the wedding and the honeymoon and a general feeling of complacency (hey, I lost almost 50-pounds in less than a year, surely I can just climb back on at any point, right?) leading up to the holidays when there was even more temptation around, I ballooned up to 239.2.

Still, looking back, I'm 12-pounds lighter than at this point a year ago so that's good, right?

Who knows... I may even start working out regularly!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby n8urebabe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:29 pm

12 pounds lighter than a year ago is good. More than 25 pounds lighter than where you started is great! The holidays are always a challenge. And less access to good, fresh produce adds to the challenge. You've done it before and I'm sure you can get back to where you feel healthiest. :D
Dawn
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Harriet Van Horne

The act of giving is more important than the merit of the receiver.

Luke: I'll bring back brownies.
Lorelai: Ooh, the pouting has left the building.

n8urebabe
Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Today I'm at 236.2 which is down 1.2 for the week and 3.0 since January 1st. Then I think of some of the crap I ate this week and wonder what could have been. But then, birthdays only come once a year!

stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Previous

Return to Fitness Forum