[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Alright, here's how it's going to be.

Alright, here's how it's going to be.

The cream of the crop.

Alright, here's how it's going to be.

Postby Chef Mongo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Let me start by saying I'm glad to see that things seem to have calmed considerably over the last few days. All the feuding parties seem to be either licking their wounds, biding their time or taking up meditation.

Now, on to business.

It's no secret that there has been a lot of wrangling on the board of late. I've taken part in it, something of which I'm not proud. As an admin, it's incumbent upon me to always take the high road, something I haven't done terribly well at times. I promise all of you that I will do better.

And speaking of doing better ...

Starting right now, this very second, all accounts are cleared, all debts paid, all hurts salved and all revenges de-plotted as far as anything public on the GEFP goes. All the admins know that there are many, many wronged parties with many, many degrees of offense and injury. We wish we could address each of your cases individually, but the issue has become so snarled that's completely impossible at this point.

So, as of right now, we're going to very politely ask you all to mind your manners in public. This does NOT mean no arguing. Argument is one of the greatest things about this board. What we're talking about is the kind of vicious, hurtful, thoughtless, semi-psychotic attack behavior that's been soiling an inordinate number of the threads on this board.

I won't be exactly defining the conduct described above. That's impossible. When it comes right down to it, it's almost always a judgement call. That's why boards like this have admins. We have been lax in making the needed judgement calls in the past, and I can assure you that will not continue. We're not out to bust heads, in fact it is my fondest hope that we'll never need to so much as warn someone.

We've never all loved one another. That's just not human nature. But by the gods, we will be civil to one another.

The steps to the new "attitude adjustment" policy will be as follows:

1. A PM warning from an admin giving specific quotes or links showing the inappropriate conduct and politely requesting that the recipient refrain from further.

2. A second PM warning and summary deletion of the posts deemed in violation.

3. A one-week "time out" during which posting priveleges and access to PMs will be suspended. Advance notice will be given of this step in order to give the recipient time to let PM buddies know.

4. Banning. Permanently.

None of these steps will be announced publicly or privately. They will be kept solely between the admins and the user.

So, boiled down: Behave like adults and you'll never hear from us in this respect.

--The Admins
"Anything that makes your mother cry is fun." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby GameCook » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:21 pm

What have I been missing? :shock:

I clearly need to read more threads. :(
Kevin

"You do not 'have a soul.' You ARE a soul, you 'have a body.'" -- C.S. Lewis
GameCook
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: Alright, here's how it's going to be.

Postby EricE » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Good news, Mongo.

I think it's a rational approach. As you say, if everyone does the right thing, nothing needs to happen.

But if things do start to spin out of control, at least now it will hopefully be halted before the collateral damage starts getting out of hand.

Thanks to you, Shawn and the rest of the crew...
Cannot run out of time. Time is infinite. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool.
EricE
Admiral Briner

Postby BikerBobo1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:57 pm

I guess I have been so busy eating lobsters and working on motorcycles for the 105th anniversary…..I must have missed something too..

Anyway, to all of you who p**s off Mongo…..the wrath of Biker Bobo will befall you!

I shall be dispatched by Mongo and ye shall walk the plank……naked… for Norm…..if you are a woman……if not, just the plank to ye……………..

Oh, and spanking by request………….Arrrgh!
I want to retire early enough to work on my own crap.
I want to live long enough to get to ride it.
bobo Bolinski
BikerBobo1
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Norm357 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:05 pm

So does this mean no more strippers in the clubhouse?
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby BikerBobo1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:43 pm

Dood..........it's hookers and blow!

No arguing……….

Just hookers and blow….
bobo Bolinski
BikerBobo1
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Norm357 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:49 pm

Oh yeah. Sorry bout that.
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby BikerBobo1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Ok, maybe poker too...we'll have to ask Mr. Mongo.........

Oh, and ribs.....hookers, blow, poker, no arguing and ribs!

(Might do the ribs before the blow tho.....)
bobo Bolinski
BikerBobo1
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Chef Mongo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 pm

It's the Norm and Bobo Show!
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby Quizmistress » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:24 pm

*grabs popcorn & sits back* :shock:
Image Image
Quizmistress
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Hopefully where I need to be when I need to be there

Postby Norm357 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Chef Mongo wrote:It's the Norm and Bobo Show!

So its hookers, blow, strippers, and ribs then. That ok with you Mr. Mongo?

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby CopperTop » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:16 pm

Norm357 wrote:

Y'all forgot the beer. ;) I do believe ribs without a cold one to wash 'em back is a sin in certain parts of the south and along the Atlantic seaboard.

As for the new policy: That sounds like a reasoned, rational thing. Just because I'm neither reasoned or rational, this doesn't mean I don't recognize those things when I see them. 8)
Fat, sassy and proud.
CopperTop
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Chef Mongo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:35 pm

Norm357 wrote:

Just keep the first two in the back room where the kids can't see 'em.

And bring on the beer!
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby flowerchick » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:26 pm

EricE wrote:Good news, Mongo.

Thanks to you, Shawn and the rest of the crew...

Absolutely Good news. But FWIW, Shawn has been MIA now for at least 5 days... On vacation I think. No pms opened or replies... As a matter of fact, Mongo was the only one of the 3 mods that replied to my pm last Monday. Just saying.

So, a Big Thanks to Mongo for pretty much taking this whole mess on himself. It's indeed a thankless job, and I appreciate you.

Now, back to hookers and blow.
:wink:

GEFP Style Maven

"There is a flower, a little flower with a silver crest and golden eye...that welcomes every changing hour and weathers every sky."
flowerchick
Admiral Briner

Postby eye4got » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Chef Mongo wrote:What we're talking about is the kind of vicious, hurtful, thoughtless, semi-psychotic attack behavior that's been soiling an inordinate number of the threads on this board.

You left out passive-agressive. :wink: :lol:

All kidding aside, while I find it disgraceful that we as a group need babysitters, I applaud the efforts of the admins in this undertaking.

Is there an official position on the use of nasty quotes in sig lines?
"I do believe that the supreme arrogance to believe that you understand the mind of the creator of the universe and are empowered to judge other humans in God's name is at the root of many of humanity's problems."
-Kinsley
eye4got
Admiral Briner

Postby beenie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:35 pm

flowerchick wrote:Absolutely Good news. But FWIW, Shawn has been MIA now for at least 5 days... On vacation I think. No pms opened or replies... As a matter of fact, Mongo was the only one of the 3 mods that replied to my pm last Monday. Just saying.

Well, since you apparently felt a need to call me out publicly on the subject, I'll respond in kind. The only reason I didn't write back is because I was waiting to hear the opinion of the other admins, so I had something concrete to tell you. By the time I had a chance, Mongo had already posted the announcement. A thousand apologies for any perceived inadequacy, madame.
I've been kissed by Pixie - for real!
beenie
Big Sister

Postby Grovite » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:52 pm

beenie wrote:
flowerchick wrote:Absolutely Good news. But FWIW, Shawn has been MIA now for at least 5 days... On vacation I think. No pms opened or replies... As a matter of fact, Mongo was the only one of the 3 mods that replied to my pm last Monday. Just saying.

Well, since you apparently felt a need to call me out publicly on the subject, I'll respond in kind. The only reason I didn't write back is because I was waiting to hear the opinion of the other admins, so I had something concrete to tell you. By the time I had a chance, Mongo had already posted the announcement. A thousand apologies for any perceived inadequacy, madame.

Y'all knock it off!!

Now kiss and make up...slowly...yeah...that's how daddy likes it

:P :lol:
Rock & Roll is like Mexican food. As it improves in quality, it stops being what it is.
Grovite
Red-Headed Stepchild

Postby BikerBobo1 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Y'all knock it off!!

Ha! And I thought I was the only one that knows about that website..........
bobo Bolinski
BikerBobo1
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby zoomzoom » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:16 pm

That's all well and good Mongo....

As long as you keep the bitches in check. 8)
Everyone thinks I'm paranoid.
zoomzoom
Official Board Scrat

Postby Norm357 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:17 am

Grovite wrote:
beenie wrote:

Y'all knock it off!!

:P :lol:

Dear Penthouse, I never thought that it would happen to me......

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby fizzviic » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:56 am

zoomzoom wrote:That's all well and good Mongo....

As long as you keep the bitches in check. 8)

^5
Please, no poopin' on the poop deck!
No fishin' in snark infested waters, please!
fizzviic
Grand High Poobah Admiral of The Oceans Deep and All the Ships a Sea

Postby Painaxl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:13 am

You go away for one week on Jury Duty and everything goes kablooey!
Painaxl
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Briner

Postby GameCook » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:24 am

Norm357 wrote:
beenie wrote:
flowerchick wrote:

Dear Penthouse, I never thought that it would happen to me......

Kevin

"You do not 'have a soul.' You ARE a soul, you 'have a body.'" -- C.S. Lewis
GameCook
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby flowerchick » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:15 pm

beenie wrote:

Beenie,

I meant no harm in it. I was just saying that Shawn is no where to be found, and honestly I expected a reply from you. I expected a reply from every mod. It was 4 days...

From my perspective, Scott was the only one handling what was a tough situation. He took a lot of poopie over it too. I meant it as a praise of him not as a slam at you. I'm truly sorry if it came across that way.

Fleur

GEFP Style Maven

"There is a flower, a little flower with a silver crest and golden eye...that welcomes every changing hour and weathers every sky."
flowerchick
Admiral Briner

Postby captnhoney » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:31 am

I have no idea what has been happening, I must have missed something. I do think what you have put on here is good for when something does begin to sound bad.
captnhoney
Commander Briner

Postby Grayson » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:13 pm

captnhoney wrote:I have no idea what has been happening, I must have missed something...

You didn't miss it... you were spared it.
Lifetime Member of The Order of Lord Flashheart, BOSA Enabler, Coolness Maven, Proud Half-witted Peon, Der Fleurer's Minister of Propaganda, co-founder of T.P.C., Keeper of the Safety Word, Ceremonial Holder of the Pointed Stick, unconfirmed GEFP Illuminati, and retired costumed adventurer.
Grayson
Admiral Briner

Postby BikerBobo1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Damn it Jim,

I’m a doctor,

not a scientist!
bobo Bolinski
BikerBobo1
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby saraimay75 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:08 am

I too am with those who had no idea that anything...extreme was going on. But I am glad that I don't know. Ans I am glad that there is a solution.
God love admiration . . . I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.
~Alice Walker~
saraimay75
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Blondie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm back from my trip and well rested. Sounds like I missed something but that's probably a good thing.
Always remember....Wherever you go, there you are.
Blondie
Ensign Briner

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget