[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! (squeal!!) ...GEFP Style!!!

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! (squeal!!) ...GEFP Style!!!

The cream of the crop.

Postby wendyj » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Thank you, Thank you Santa----whoever you are??? You didn't leave a note as to your board name.

What wonderful gifts were brought to me this afternoon!! Pure vanilla extract, almond extract, wonderful measuring spoons, a Christmas tree cookie cutter, fantastic measuring cups and a new can opener. :D :D :D :D :D Some wonderful spices, whole nutmeg and allspice and and garam masala!!! Wine crackers, bread mix and a few other goodies!! Mexican chocolate and whisk for the ultimate hot chocolate experience!!!

Christmas came early for me!! Thank you so very much!!!!!

wendyj
Don't cry because it is over. Smile because it happened. --- Dr. Seuss

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -- Thomas Edison
wendyj
Lieutenant Briner

Postby stixx23 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:12 pm

My present came today, too!

Thanks, rotten!

I got:

1. a kitchen calculator/timer which will not only make sure the cookies/cakes/pies come out right, but also allow me to adjust recipes when I discover that I have less than the amount of an ingredient I need when it's too late. (happened more times than I care to remember)

2. A set of three ceramic blade knives (I'll feel like Ming Tsai every Time I use them!)

3. Bakewise by Shirley Corriher! I had considered buying it or even asking for it as a present, but never did - and it's a good thing, too! I can't wait to delve into it!

Thanks, rotten!
G.E.S. Chickeny Hands Classic Movie Archivist and Master of Minutiae.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

http://blog.ofrg.org/
stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Kathy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:56 pm

UPS shows my Santa-ee should have received their gift today...2:13est actually. I hope they like it and everything came out ok. It can be opened all now, or later. Makes no difference to me...

(Still anxiously awaiting mine!!!) :wink:

Kathy
Kathy
Ensign Briner

Postby repmogirl » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:21 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG Lucy you were an awesome Santa!

I typically would have waited for Christmas morning, but the package said open immediately

What a bounty

The nuts are to die for!

I had been wanting a microplane in the worst way & just hadn't been able to justify it. I was really wishing for one yesterday as I was fighting with my sister's zester

The spoons are beautiful. It almost seems like a shame to use them!

I have never had recipe cards... the book is great!

I'm excited to try the jam and twigs, but I'm afraid I have already spoiled my dinner with the nuts!

I'll have to shift gears on salad for Christmas Eve dinner to have an excuse to use the olive oil!

Thanks so much Lucy!!!!!!!
I've been kissed by Pixie!

"Al tavola non s'invecchia mai"
repmogirl
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby EB » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Guru's Hubby, my Secret Santa!

I got a loot! Let's see I got a Good Eats DVD, a cute little chicken ornament, an adorable Mad chef Pez Dispenser, chocolates in a little stocking, a Whole Foods shopping bag sweet!, adorable Christmas pencils, a cute little Christmas towel and pot holders, a set of jacks, Chicago spice rub, Cheesy popcorn, and homemade cookies! WOW!

I love it thank you so very much! Merry Christmas!!!
Funny story my husband is from Chicago and hiss family lives in Oak Lawn, and surrounding areas in IL. And you are from Oak Park, IL! It is a small world. Thank you again!!!
Elizabeth
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn26 ... 010024.jpg
OH BOTHER!
I too have been kissed by a Pixie!!!! :-)
EB
Commander Briner

Postby Butterbean » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:32 pm

I was a bit late getting home tonight,, but what a wonderful surprise I came home to! My Secret Santa was Indybear! And what a box she sent:

* A bag of dark-chocolate covered pretzels
* A box of homemade cookies that smells divine; looks like chocolate chip & white chocolate chip (mmmmmmmm)
* A magnet "Life is too short to drink bad wine" :D
* An awesome waiter's corkscrew & a very special cork stopper
* A bottle of Indiana Cabernet Franc encased in a VacuVin Rapid-Ice Cooler!

Anne, although we've never met, I get the feeling you know me very well! You have made Christmas very special for me. I can't wait to get into the cookies & treats, and the wine will be perfect with Christmas dinner! Thank you very, very much!

Edit to add: The cookies are fantastic!!!

Edit again to add: The wine was lovely & complimented the roast beast perfectly! :D
Last edited by Butterbean on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby okbye » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 am

I received the perfect book (for me anyway) from Willow oh, last week I think but she said there was more coming so I didn't post. The book is Great British Cooking (adapted for American cooks). Yay! You couldn't get a better cookbook for me. I watch BBC cooking shows sometimes but the recipes can be hard to follow. "Preheat the oven to gas mark 3?" What? So instructions in American are really cool.
The other box came today and it contained a vanilla scent diffuser that won't send me to the ER, some flavored decaf coffees which I haven't been able to find and a grinder, two honey bears, one of them local, and a vanilla bath set. Woohoo! I lost use of my coffee grinder months ago when I put my dog on glucosamine pills, I have to grind them and mix them in his food. I've been buying ground coffee ever since. It will be nice to be back in the proper foodie set. :wink:
Thank you Willow, all great choices.

Oh, I took a picture but I'm not sure if it will work on this puter. I'll have to play with it later.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby captnhoney » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:46 am

My sevret santa is TessB. I got a lot of cool stuff from her. She sent me the coolest bookmark it is a mermaid with seaglass, I love that thank you. It will go great with the book you sent me by Charlaine Harris, I have not read that yet and it will be a lot of fun for me. SHe also sent me a beautiful coffee mug from Northport, Ny and along with Bentleys tea for life. That will be greatly appreciated especially on these cold nights and I am big supporter of the national breast cancer organization. Also she sent me walnut fudge and chocolate chip cookies, I havent tried them yet but I am saving them for Christmas eve and I know they won't last very long in this house :). She also sent me a cute stocking ornament that is on the tree right now. She sent a calander for the new year and it has Long Island. I love it and especially it will help me keep up with the days. Thank you so much Tess you sent me so many cool things, I really appreciate everything you sent and will be greatly enjoyed.

Brandi
captnhoney
Commander Briner

Postby Iriae » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:03 pm

The suspense is over! A package arrived today from Jackiecat! Included was a very nice card and letter, as well as a gargantuan tub of home-made caramel corn (for movie watchin') and some small bottles of pure mint essential oil, which is in little bottles, in a plastic sealed bag and I could still smell it through the bubble wrap! I think it chased away the dregs of my cold! I tasted the corn, I'm not sure it will last until we can hunker down to a movie, but the recipe was included so I can crunch all I want and make more!

Thanks so much, the books will be useful and have a happy holiday!

Now I'm anxious that my receivee gets their package...I sent it I promise...
G.E.S. Chickeny Hands Salt Dispenser

There are exceptions to every rule, except this one.
Iriae
Lieutenant Commander Briner

Postby TessB » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks Santa, She didn't tell me her screen name. It really made my day since I just finished a 8 day assignment with the same teacher I did last year and I was a little bummed since I won't see the kids after the holidays. I got 2 new cd's, Tim McGraw's greatest hits vol 3( my daughter Erin thanks you as well as Tim is the star Erin has a crush on) Toby Keith's cd, a new scrapbooking how to book, potporri from Winterther, (Henry Francis du Pont's country house)along with lemon curd, a magnet, and a cookbook from there as well. (I love visiting homes like this. I fell in love with the Biltmore when I visited there a couple of years ago) I'd like to visit this house, maybe the next time as the family is headed down to NC. Thanks again!!!!!!
I just found out it was Rockford10, Thanks!!!!!
Last edited by TessB on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A day without cannolis is like a day without sunshine- Phil Rizzuto
Why do people park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?- George Carlin
Nobody puts Baby in the corner- Johnny Castle(Patrick Swayze-Dirty Dancing)
TessB
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby jackiecat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Iriae wrote:The suspense is over! A package arrived today from Jackiecat! Included was a very nice card and letter, as well as a gargantuan tub of home-made caramel corn (for movie watchin') and some small bottles of pure mint essential oil, which is in little bottles, in a plastic sealed bag and I could still smell it through the bubble wrap! I think it chased away the dregs of my cold! I tasted the corn, I'm not sure it will last until we can hunker down to a movie, but the recipe was included so I can crunch all I want and make more!

Thanks so much, the books will be useful and have a happy holiday!

Now I'm anxious that my receivee gets their package...I sent it I promise...

Hi Iriae, I'm so glad you liked it. I was afraid the essential oils would break and you would have some very minty popcorn!

You should be expecting another book from Amazon in a week or 2. Nothing like keeping the anticipation going! :lol:
Cheryl

I've been kissed by Pixie AND hugged by Holly!

I'm not a great cook, but I'm a GREAT taster - Ina Garten
jackiecat
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Grovite » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:41 am

Guru!!! Thank you!! Some really great stuff showed up. The cookies are already half gone and the guitar key cover is already on the keyring. Here's the loot:

There was a tin of cookies :lol:, some Christmas hotpads and a Christmas dish towel, a Good Eats DVD, a stocking with pencils and candy, a bag of Wells Street Popcorn, a magnet, a funny bowling game from Japan, a funny ornament of a bird in a suit, some Chicago steak seasoning from Penzey's, some @#&%-its sticky notes and a devil ducky.

Thank you again Kellie :D :D
Rock & Roll is like Mexican food. As it improves in quality, it stops being what it is.
Grovite
Red-Headed Stepchild

Postby moonablaze » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:16 am

wendyj wrote:Thank you, Thank you Santa----whoever you are??? You didn't leave a note as to your board name.

What wonderful gifts were brought to me this afternoon!! Pure vanilla extract, almond extract, wonderful measuring spoons, a Christmas tree cookie cutter, fantastic measuring cups and a new can opener. :D :D :D :D :D Some wonderful spices, whole nutmeg and allspice and and garam masala!!! Wine crackers, bread mix and a few other goodies!! Mexican chocolate and whisk for the ultimate hot chocolate experience!!!

Christmas came early for me!! Thank you so very much!!!!!

wendyj

oh my goodness did I forget to sign that properly! :oops: naughty moony. I'm so glad you like it. I figured that much vanilla should keep you for a few months :wink: let me know how you guys like the wine crackers, it's a new recipe, that I'd wanted an excuse to try, and since you wanted savory snacks...
A good cook is a sorceress who dispenses happiness.
- Elsa Schiapirelli

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." -Doug Larson
moonablaze
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Rockford 10 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:29 am

Thank you, thank you Secret Santa Kathy! I finally got a chance to open the package from South Dakota last night and it was a wonderful surprise! Kathy sent:

Homemade Apple Butter
Vanilla Extract
"K" cards (I'm a Kathy too!)
Golden Caramel Nuggets
Buckeyes
A tea light
Peanut Clusters
Peanut Butter Stars
Chokecherry Jelly
Sweet Spicy Nuts
The cutest frying pan timer
(I might have forgotten something, it was all so nice!)

The boys and I dove into the cookies (that's what I forgot, I ate ALL the Greek butter cookies last night!) immediately and we are looking forward to everything else. Kathy also wrote such a sweet note welcoming to the Briner Gift Exchange! I'll work on posting a picture, I don't really know how yet!

Kathleen/Rockford 10
Rockford 10
Captain Briner

Postby Kathy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Rockford 10

I'm so glad you liked all the stuff. We had so much fun making all the cookies. That's the first time for the Greek butter cookies and they will now be a staple Christmas cookie! They are awesome! I made the apple butter from the apples from MY tree and the chokecherry jelly is also homemade...chokecherries are wild here and you can find them everywhere. They're hard to work with, tiny and the seed inside is as big as the berry-but it's a wonderful jelly! It was hard to find stainless steel things for your kitchen...so the next best thing was the timer. Those "nuggets" are addicting! Watch yourself! I've never used "white" vanilla-let me know how it turns out...may have to buy some myself.

I hope you and the boys have a great Christmas season! It was so fun to shop for a "newbie". Hopefully you'll join again next year!

Merry Christmas!

Kathy
Kathy
Ensign Briner

Postby rotten » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Glad you enjoyed the gifts stixx! I wasn't sure on the book. I was hoping you didn't have it yet. I lucked out thist time! The knives aren't kyocera's but i bought the same set a while back and i was very happy with them so i went out and bought some more for future use. Trust me they are very sharp!!

Have a great holiday!
Unleaded tastes a little tangy, supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good. - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
rotten
Ensign Briner

Postby LucyLu » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:49 pm

I received my present a couple days ago, but with all the holiday "excitement" I just couldn't find time to post (or take a few pictures). Stixx and Slagathor sent a very lucky me:
Spiced peach jam, which had today with breakfast, very good!
Okie salsa, which I will save for game day
Cinnamon sugar pecans, still eating those, they are delicious
The Governor's Mansion ornament, its beautiful and it sparkles on the tree!

I will get pictures up soon!

Thanks again Stixx! An awesome gift!!!

-L
Lucy

~The GEFP official Ace of Cakes~
LucyLu
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby koshersalty » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Squeel!

My Santa was...Erin!

I opened my box to find a box of Saltines...Lauren picked up on it right away and we had a good giggle :lol:

Digging further, I found some nice gizmos...all things that I didn't have: A bean frencher, a swiss peeler, and a couple of squeezy bottles. Thanks so much!

Next I found a tall Chef's hat.

Then at the bottom, I found a book...Knife Skills Illustrated by Peter Hertzmann...how cool! I'm already 3 chapters into it. As soon as the weather breaks, I'm heading to the store for some veggies!

Thanks so much Erin, I love my gifts!! They made my day!
http://www.do1thing.us
---------------
What doesn't kill us only makes us wierder...
koshersalty
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Susan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:52 pm

koshersalty wrote:Squeel!

My Santa was...Erin!

I opened my box to find a box of Saltines...Lauren picked up on it right away and we had a good giggle :lol:

Digging further, I found some nice gizmos...all things that I didn't have: A bean frencher, a swiss peeler, and a couple of squeezy bottles. Thanks so much!

Next I found a tall Chef's hat.

Then at the bottom, I found a book...Knife Skills Illustrated by Peter Hertzmann...how cool! I'm already 3 chapters into it. As soon as the weather breaks, I'm heading to the store for some veggies!

Thanks so much Erin, I love my gifts!! They made my day!

Very cute, Erin--loved the saltines, idea. KS, awesome photo with the chef's hat!
Officer in Charge of PIE aka Queen of All Things Baked

"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him"
~ Abraham Lincoln

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ~Mark Twain

"Deeds of kindness are equal in weight to all the commandments." Talmud
Susan
Admiral Briner

Postby nolafoodie » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:04 pm

*Waving to Vickatina*

Glad you liked everything! :D

A belated Merry Christmas to all! :)
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby beenie » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:27 pm

First things first... a HUGE thank you to wendyj, who sent me a box of goodies "just in case" I didn't have a Santa (which I didn't - I decided to just organize rather than participate). She send me some awesome sand dollar ornaments, beautiful handcrafted earrings and a totally adorable pink and brown polka dot apron, which I absolutely LOVE. THANK YOU!!!! :D

Now... on to the next bit of business. We're still in double digits for people who haven't posted about receiving their gifts. I've heard from a couple of Santas, but there are still quite a few unaccounted for. If you've received, please post! If you were/are late sending, please let me know so I can get the word out to your giftee that their gift isn't lost.

One more thing... if you haven't already, please consider a donation (in my sig line below). Once we know that everyone has received a gift, proceeds go to Heifer International.

Thank you, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful season!
I've been kissed by Pixie - for real!
beenie
Big Sister

Postby altnbrwnismyguru » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:55 am

Both the hub and I received our gifts. Its been a bit nuts with getting ready for baby klohes arrival we will post soon as to who and what we got. Sorry for the delay.
Bellboy, I´ve got to get running now
Bellboy, keep my lip buttoned down
Bellboy, carry this baggage out
Bellboy, always running at someones bleedin´ heel
You know how I feel
Always running at someones heel
altnbrwnismyguru
Rear Admiral (lower half) Briner

Postby Kathy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:21 pm

I'm finally getting to post about my Santa gift...my gifter was CalKat.

She sent me some wonderful DARK chocolate samples srom all over the world. What's really cool about them is the little pamphlet gives suggestions on what drinks will go good with their chocolately goodness...like merlot or cappuccino-who'dathunkit?! We don't have a Trader Joes around my neck of the woods, so now I know what everyone is talking about. also a regular size bar of 62% dark chocolate from Scharffen Berger. And a great book called Julie & Julia. I've never heard of it, but it sounds very entertaining and a definite good read...

Thank you so much CalKat...what's really funny and a twist of sorts is I'm a Kathy, my Santa was a Kathy and my Santa-ee was a Kathy. Cool huh?

I thought so...thanks so much for a wonderful Christmas surprise, it came the day after! Made the season last that much more. I'm in again next year! I love this!!!

Kathy
Kathy
Ensign Briner

Postby Erin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:35 am

I got mine!! :D

Pixie was my santa, and she loaded me up with some awesome stuff! :D I will post more details later - I' haven't had Internet access since the 23rd and I'm onky just back to work.

I will say this, though - I love EVERYTHING! Especially the tote bag!! Did you make that yourself? How freaking awesome is THAT?!

:D :D :D
GEFP Resident Reluctant Pinup, Backseam Expert and Self-Appointed Weathergirl "Extraordinaire"
Erin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Pixietoes » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm so glad you got it, and I'm thrilled that you like it. Yes. I made the tote bag, I tried to pick some fabric that was vintage-y for you. I promise you if you put that in your purse you'll surprise yourself with all the ways you can use it. There's a trick to folding it back up, so let me know if you need help and I'll send you a tutorial!
“...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...” Marilyn Monroe
Pixietoes
Mom

Postby SingingWillow » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:41 pm

Santa's Beard had contacted me last week to let me know that Santa's reindeer were having a bit of difficulty, and the sleigh would arrive a little late. Well, the Sleigh arrived today, and it was wellllll worth the wait!!!!

My Secret Santa was KosherSalty!! And he shared some of his life and neighborhood with me.

There were essential oils in spearmint and peppermint. This is what their town is famous for and is from a farm that is selling it to prevent foreclosure. There was also some hand cream and some mint chocolates (which were sampled and declared YUM!!

Then there is a Mug from MSU where Mrs. Salty works. And, some Organically grown coffee. Their church sponsers an Equal Exchange program. There was also a Organic chocolate bar (71%!!!!!:))

Then there was a jar of cinnamon/sugar mix which is a favorite of the Saltines and they helped mix it!

Maple Syrup from a neighbor's farm, Candied Ginger, and then, (do we hear angels singing?????) A jar of Homemade Pear Jam from the in-law's farm!!!!

And the topper was a lovely picture of the Saltines on the front of a nice card describing the delights within the box.

Thank you, SOOOOOO much!!! I am looking forward to trying all the wonderful things. And I am honored that you shared a slice of your home with me.

Singing Willow is singing a HAPPY song today!
Ship's Talespinner & C.R.O.N.E.
Watching Caydence Grow

Rod Stewart wrote:I would have given you all of my heart
But there's someone who's torn it apart
And he's taken just all that I had
But if you want I'll try to love again
Baby I'll try to love again but I know

The first cut is the deepest
SingingWillow
Admiral Briner

Location: I was in your arms Thinking I belonged there ...Thinking I'd be strong there....But I was a fool

Postby Pixietoes » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:37 pm

It's HERE!

I got my secret Santa package... from Dana!

I got a potato ricer, and some lovely hand cream from Williams Sonoma, and a huge container of homemade baked goods, including baklava, danish, different types of cookies and a loaf of something but I haven't unwrapped it yet to investigate. (Saving it for tomorrow when hubby is home.)

Thank you Dana.
“...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...” Marilyn Monroe
Pixietoes
Mom

Postby Dana » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Pixietoes wrote:It's HERE!

I got my secret Santa package... from Dana!

I got a potato ricer, and some lovely hand cream from Williams Sonoma, and a huge container of homemade baked goods, including baklava, danish, different types of cookies and a loaf of something but I haven't unwrapped it yet to investigate. (Saving it for tomorrow when hubby is home.)

Thank you Dana.

You're welcome :)
The loafy thing is chunky banana bread.
Marco Polo didn't have much of a travel agent...Heck of a good publicist, though! - Alton Brown
My ramblings...Cookin' At Café D->Click-o-Rama
Dana
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby flowerchick » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Dont eat the chunky banana bread Pix.
Its poisonous.

*looks down into little loaf pan on counter that only has crumbs left*

What?

GEFP Style Maven

"There is a flower, a little flower with a silver crest and golden eye...that welcomes every changing hour and weathers every sky."
flowerchick
Admiral Briner

Postby Susan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:43 pm

I am so excited!!!! I had an absolutely fantastic secret santa in nlkdavid---I am still so excited from just having opened up the ginormous box that was waiting for me when I came home.

Inside I found the perfect American made two handled Peterboro pie basket that would hold not one but two pies--it came with a tray!!! Peterboro has been making these special baskets since 1854. It even has a picture of a pie burnished into the top. If that were not enough, he included two sets of evenbake cake strips. And a leather journal and fancy pen (executive style 4-in 1 Pen with D flashlight) Wow!!!!!

Now, David, you know what comes with being my secret santa--I have done it every year. I shall let you know when your thank you package is in the mail!!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!
Thank you soooo much for everything!

Edited to add:
David sent me the coolest pm and he told me the following (I hope it is ok that I am sharing it--it is too cool not to)
"The Pie Basket: When I found this 2 pie basket made by a great american basket company, it had to be yours.. And to personalize it we (I got the graphic, my mom traced it on for me, & robert did the woodburning with some extra touchs) woodburned a pie into the top."

So, I have a personalized pie basket from my secret santa.
Wow!!!! Thank your mom and Robert for me, too!!!
Officer in Charge of PIE aka Queen of All Things Baked

"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him"
~ Abraham Lincoln

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ~Mark Twain

"Deeds of kindness are equal in weight to all the commandments." Talmud
Susan
Admiral Briner

PreviousNext

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget