[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! (squeal!!) ...GEFP Style!!!

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! (squeal!!) ...GEFP Style!!!

The cream of the crop.

Postby Erin » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:02 am

Okay, now I have the time (and my list) to poast about what Pixie got me. :) I must first apologize that I do not yet have a digital camera outside of my phone, which is presently on the fritz (and accounts for my lack of Internet access outside of work).

Pixie sent me:
- Aforementioned badass homemade tote bag that I LOVE. I have already found uses for it, and yeah, the roll back up into the pocket was kinda tricky; I don't think I did it right so if you have a primer, please pass it my way. :)
- A bite-sized Vosges Red Fire bar - yumbo!! One of my favorite flavors!
- An iTunes gift card - thank you - I plan to use it once I get myself a new laptop, as my current Mac is so old it can't support the newest versions of iTunes and I can't buy anything from them with the version I have (apparently... :x ).
- A sparkly high heel ornament - very chic
- A durable journal, perfect for scrawling everything from inspired lines of poetry to my next grocery list, it fits right into my purse. Yay!
- Simmering liquid in "Simply Cotton" scent. This is about perfect. As I've mentioned, I'm not a big fan of strong or too-sweet scents. I tend to go for lighter, kind of laundry-like scents, and this is just perfect. I didn't have a potpurri pot, so I just poured some of this into a glass votive and set it on my coffeecup warmer on my kitchen table. Perfect!

So THANK YOU again!! :D
GEFP Resident Reluctant Pinup, Backseam Expert and Self-Appointed Weathergirl "Extraordinaire"
Erin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby LucyLu » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Finally, after overcomming my extremely laziness, I have a picture of the beautiful ornament Stixx sent me with his gift. It's from the Oklahoma Governor's Mansion and it is truly gorgeous!

Thanks again!!!

-L
Lucy

~The GEFP official Ace of Cakes~
LucyLu
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby KittyFixer » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:12 pm

Thank you Iriae! (all spelling errors mine....)
Your secret Santa arrived in good time, I've just been busy with work, family et al - sorry!
Wonders in the box included: home made spiced apple bread- yum, great breakfast at work and my employees thank you too! Terrific with the whipped honey in the package.

Also a loaf of herb bread- enjoyed by many. And how did you find the time??? Christmas is always such a busy time, thanks for including us. :)

Jars of raspberry vinaigrette dressing - deelish on spinach salad- and a honey/hot sauce which has not been tried yet (but looks perfect for wings).

I think the snickerdoodles lasted under 24 hours --- can you say "snarf"??? we *loved* them.

finally, a quirky keychain/cat toy. The kitties usurped it, so it's theirs now - the wiggly tendrils are too enticing for the kits.... :)

Thanks again, and Happy New Years to all!
KittyFixer
Second Class Petty Officer Briner

Postby Iriae » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:21 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed your goodies. I was mostly concerned the delivery had been delayed and the baked goods would spoil.

I actually had also made a banana bread, but due to some heat management problems, it burned a bit....

:oops:

I'm glad you cats like the keychain. Watching cats be crazy is fun!
G.E.S. Chickeny Hands Salt Dispenser

There are exceptions to every rule, except this one.
Iriae
Lieutenant Commander Briner

Postby Dana » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:08 pm

Pixietoes wrote:I got my secret Santa package... from Dana!

I got... and a huge container of homemade baked goods... (Snip.)

Thank you Dana.
Oh, Pixie (and the other Briners I've burdened with ma booty ;) )
I forgot to mention...those cookies that looked bizarrely misshapen did not suffer some kind of Christmas cookie trauma.
I designed them to fit on your coffee or cocoa mug.
Details in this old thread.
Course, with any luck they're gone by now. ;)
Marco Polo didn't have much of a travel agent...Heck of a good publicist, though! - Alton Brown
My ramblings...Cookin' At Café D->Click-o-Rama
Dana
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby altnbrwnismyguru » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:59 am

Ok as things have slowed down here for more than 5 mins,

My Santa was MONGO!
I got this wonderful box of 2 jams and a great apple butter ( this one made it a few days, the preg kicked in and I really LOVED toast with apple butter) and a Carolina box which had tasty tidbits of Carolina in it this came in handy for those gotta snack moments which happened a lot ;-)

thank you mongo very much. And sorry I didn't post of my bounty sooner.
Bellboy, I´ve got to get running now
Bellboy, keep my lip buttoned down
Bellboy, carry this baggage out
Bellboy, always running at someones bleedin´ heel
You know how I feel
Always running at someones heel
altnbrwnismyguru
Rear Admiral (lower half) Briner

Postby Chef Mongo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:24 am

altnbrwnismyguru wrote:Ok as things have slowed down here for more than 5 mins,

My Santa was MONGO!
I got this wonderful box of 2 jams and a great apple butter ( this one made it a few days, the preg kicked in and I really LOVED toast with apple butter) and a Carolina box which had tasty tidbits of Carolina in it this came in handy for those gotta snack moments which happened a lot ;-)

thank you mongo very much. And sorry I didn't post of my bounty sooner.

Hey, you're forgiven! :)

The jams and apple butter are made by my hippie pals Walt and Wendy at Imladris Farms. It's a fourth-generation farm, and they operate it as a sustainable agriculture operation. I love 'em dearly, and would cheerfully move up there and be their farmhand ifn they could afford to pay me!
"Anything that makes your mother cry is fun." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby Parintachin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:36 pm

A much belated thank you in the highest order goes out to Slamdunkpro who was my Secret Santa this year. I luck out and get THE BEST Secret Santas every year I participate it seems. I'm sorry I'm so late with my thank-yous but between the holiday season and some medical difficulties (threw my back out), I've been away from the computer for almost a month.

Winning the award for Embarrassing Amounts of Generosity this year, my HUGE refrigerated package arrived at Christmas bearing a bounty, a cornucopia, a freaking PLETHORA of gifts.

Being the GEFP's resident Pit Master, I received to large packages of the mans own beef brisket and pulled pork complete with his own recipe bottles of Texas Red and Pig Slop. Tremble in envy all ye lesser mortals.

Now, I would have been pleased as punch this Christmas and next just to have one chance to sample the mans wares but OH NO. No, that, if you can believe it was only the beginning.

Also contained therein was a bottle of Bison Grass potato vodka (which is teh awesome as I do not have ANY potato vodka in my collection and being the purist that I am, think that all Vodka should be made is the old manner such as this), a bottle of Pacifico Sur Pinot Noir, a hardcover copy of Les Halles cookbook (awesome read btw) and as the cherry on the top, reppin' out like a true Briner, a magnetic Flat AB for our fridge and a Flat AB Christmas card with humorous sentiments.

Credit must be given, my fellow Briners, for the style of this Gentlemen. Not more than a month or two ago, Slamdunk and I went a few rounds over on the Poli-Fry board. Despite such a heated exchange, the man has the class and very 19th century sensibility to put all of that aside and deliver unto me probably one of the coolest presents evar. I am truly humbled.

Thanks a lot Slamdunk. The Vodka is currently chilling and I'm sorry to report we haven't touched the meat yet. It's locked safe in our freezer and we're bringing it out of a cocktail party. Like a fine wine or a bottle of really good whiskey, I'd feel like a complete ass keeping it all to myself. I shall, of course, give you a detailed report of our impressions when it is dutifully consumed and appreciated.
"The World is my country, all man and women are my brothers and sisters, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
Parintachin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby rotten » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:52 pm

IT'S HERE!!!!!

My secret sant was cornchili!! Thank you so much!!
I got a cool monopoly christmas ornament!
I got gifts from Charlie Brown Farms including
Sage Honey
Harvest Cranberry Mustard (i love different flavored mustards)
and some Orange Chilie Grill Sauce (can't wait to try that)
Cornchili also sent me an action figure (don't call it a doll!) of Anne Bonny the pirate! It's one of those cool Accotruements figures. The only problems with them is I always want to open them and play with them, yet the collector in me says no.

Thank You very much CornChili!
Unleaded tastes a little tangy, supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good. - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
rotten
Ensign Briner

Previous

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget