[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - In Memoriam: Dynagirl

In Memoriam: Dynagirl

The cream of the crop.

In Memoriam: Dynagirl

Postby Caveman » Wed May 13, 2009 11:30 am

As many of you are aware, we lost a cherished longtime member of our community recently. While the details of her passing have been removed from the board for reasons not entirely clear, the fact that she has left us is immutable.

This is, to my knowledge, the first death of an active GEFP board member. She was not the most prolific poster, but she was also one who wasted very few words and who was a source of great good cheer and good advice.

Yes, this is the former [Redacted] thread. I chose to edit the existing thread rather than ask all those who had already posted such heartfelt sentiments to repost them. I simply felt Jonie deserved better than the title the thread had ended up with.

--Chef Mongo
Last edited by Caveman on Wed May 13, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been kissed by a pixie
We must have craft before we have art, and craft is founded on fundamentals. - Michael Ruhlman, Ratio
My blog: http://balancefoodandme.blogspot.com
Caveman
Lieutenant Briner

Postby Butterbean » Wed May 13, 2009 11:35 am

That is awful news. DynaGirl (Joni) came to the very first crab feast. I met her there, and we've had some pm communication over the years as well as on the board. I am so sorry to hear about this. She has a lovely family who will be in my prayers.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Slamdunkpro » Wed May 13, 2009 11:53 am

Words fail me.

Thoughts and prayers to the Dyna-Family.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
There is no problem that can’t be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order
I've been kissed by Pixie!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby nolafoodie » Wed May 13, 2009 11:59 am

Oh, my fellow LSU fan. :cry:

DG will be missed. My deepest condolences to her family.
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby Pixietoes » Wed May 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Sad news, indeed. Special prayers for Dynaboy. Poor thing.
“...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...” Marilyn Monroe
Pixietoes
Mom

Postby Party Flavor » Wed May 13, 2009 12:15 pm

I was privileged to sit across from Jonie and family at one of the crab feasts. In later months, she'd PM me asking for a recommendation for a good place to eat lunch after one of her doctor's appointments downtown. We foodies have priorities, after all.

My heart goes out to Henry and young James.

RIP, Jonie. You'll be missed.
An opinionated non-authority, petit four lover, and backward telescope aficionado

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

When a chef tells me he is cooking with his grandmother's recipe, I always wonder why. Did talent skip the past two generations?
Party Flavor
Admiral Briner

Postby Wanda Woman » Wed May 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Oh, that is indeed awful news. Dynagirl was good people.

My thoughts are with the Dynafamily.

So very sad.
Wanda Woman
Admiral Briner

Re: [redacted]

Postby nolafoodie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Caveman wrote:[redacted]

What???
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby flowerchick » Wed May 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Jonie's husband called me this morning and asked that I share their news with you all later in a post that was complete and in his own words that he would compose later today. I agreed and told him that I would wait to hear back from him via email about what he wanted to say to the group, and would let you all know in the way that he asked. He was pretty specific about that.

Unfortunately, after sharing this sad news on the phone privately this morning with another GEFPer that I am close to, for whatever reason, it was posted here.

I await Jonie's husbands email and will pass along his message when I receive it.

GEFP Style Maven

"There is a flower, a little flower with a silver crest and golden eye...that welcomes every changing hour and weathers every sky."
flowerchick
Admiral Briner

Postby lunanoir » Wed May 13, 2009 1:09 pm

My sympathies to the Dyna family.
Last edited by lunanoir on Thu May 14, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lunanoir
Admiral Briner

Postby Caveman » Wed May 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Please let this rest...

I thought I was being thoughtful, not realizing the private nature of the information. I screwed up. Moreover, I screwed up because I basically violated not only Flowerchick's trust, but by extension, she violated the trust of the person who called her.

This isn't drama. This is me making a big mistake, hurting someone I care about. It doesn't matter WHY I did it...it doesn't matter WHAT I did...it's simply THAT I did it.

I was wrong. There is no excuse on earth to create a personal attack when I was wrong...frankly there's no reason to create a personal attack whatsoever.
I've been kissed by a pixie
We must have craft before we have art, and craft is founded on fundamentals. - Michael Ruhlman, Ratio
My blog: http://balancefoodandme.blogspot.com
Caveman
Lieutenant Briner

Postby ghenne » Wed May 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Normally I never comment on the personal attacks or thread jacks that turn into huge arguments and usually involve someone throwing a hissy fit or leaving the board, but please people.....let's not let this happen with this thread.

Someone's wife died.
Someone's daughter died.
Someone's best friend died.
Someone's mom died.

This is not the time to turn this into something ugly and evil and if one of you dare starts some nasty sh*it, then shame on you.

My deepest condolences to Joni's family and friends. I'll light my candle in her memory tonight.

Behave everyone....please.
"My religion is kindness." ~Dalai Lama ~
ghenne
Admiral Briner

Postby tj » Wed May 13, 2009 9:40 pm

It is horribly difficult to deal with news like this. As it is with me and everyone else on this board, I did not know Dynagirl, even by her given name.

Who I did know was a good spirit, a fellow participant in this very human forum, someone who filled in the empty corners of many empty days as so many of you do, a giver and a gift, as so many of you are.

For those who knew her closely, her family, and for Dynagirl herself, may we freely shout our pain and just as freely sing her soul into joy.

%0t> g
tj
Admiral Briner

Postby Butterbean » Wed May 13, 2009 10:42 pm

ghenne wrote:This is not the time to turn this into something ugly and evil and if one of you dare starts some nasty sh*it, then shame on you. my candle in her memory tonight.

Behave everyone....please.

Thank you for putting it so nicely, ghenne. RIP, Dynagirl.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby haleoalau » Wed May 13, 2009 10:45 pm

I can't say anything more than everyone, especially Ghenne and tj have already so eloquently stated.

You will be missed Dynagirl. Peace on your journey and to your family and friends on theirs.

Maria
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
haleoalau
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Chef Mongo » Wed May 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Dynagirl was one of the very few folks on this board with whom I can say I never had a single cross word. She impressed me with her wisdom, her playfulness and her willingness to be open to ideas that might not have been in lockstep with her own.

When a big meet is planned, I always have my mental list of five or six folks who aren't on the list who I wish were. She topped the list for the Atlanta meet.

Vaya con dios, Jonie.
Last edited by Chef Mongo on Wed May 13, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anything that makes your mother cry is fun." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby Littlebit » Wed May 13, 2009 11:26 pm

I think my busy day, which caused me to skip some threads until I had more time, caused me to miss this most important one.

Wow. I just don't know what to say...just wow.

And yeah, this is NOT the time or the place to bicker. It's a time to be respectful.
ImageLittlebitImage

Honorary Oompa Loompa and Official GEFP Maven of Cynicism
Littlebit
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Cheez-Wiz » Wed May 13, 2009 11:39 pm

I am deeply saddened to hear of Dynagirl's passing. She was a real treasure and will be greatly missed. :cry:
Cheez-Wiz
Commander Briner

Postby fizzviic » Wed May 13, 2009 11:45 pm

I did not know Dynagirl, nor do I recall interacting with her in her posts.

All I can say is the loss of any member of our community, for whatever reason, diminishes us all.
Please, no poopin' on the poop deck!
No fishin' in snark infested waters, please!
fizzviic
Grand High Poobah Admiral of The Oceans Deep and All the Ships a Sea

Postby carla » Wed May 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Thanks for that, tj; I will simply reiterate your beautiful expression.

I add my heartfelt condolences and sympathies to DG's family and all her loved ones. Rest in Peace, Dynagirl.

Bless you all, family, and may you be kept safe in heart and body and somehow comforted.

tj wrote:It is horribly difficult to deal with news like this. As it is with me and everyone else on this board, I did not know Dynagirl, even by her given name.

Who I did know was a good spirit, a fellow participant in this very human forum, someone who filled in the empty corners of many empty days as so many of you do, a giver and a gift, as so many of you are.

For those who knew her closely, her family, and for Dynagirl herself, may we freely shout our pain and just as freely sing her soul into joy.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Dale Gribble » Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 am

fizzviic wrote:I did not know Dynagirl, nor do I recall interacting with her in her posts.

All I can say is the loss of any member of our community, for whatever reason, diminishes us all.

Well said.
If you're not going to help, be quiet.
Dale Gribble
Rear Admiral (lower half) Briner

Postby honeycomb » Thu May 14, 2009 12:25 am

:(

:cry:
Never eat more than you can lift. --Miss Piggy

Pleasant words are a honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and healing to the bones.
honeycomb
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby aslansavz » Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 am

My heart goes out to DG's family...what a tragic thing. She'll certainly be missed here.
Darcy

Why yes, I do blog!
Digitize your handwriting
I like science when it's dangerous and potentially deadly - AB
aslansavz
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby jackiecat » Thu May 14, 2009 7:34 am

Terrible news! RIP Dynagirl, and love and sympathies to her family and friends.
Cheryl

I've been kissed by Pixie AND hugged by Holly!

I'm not a great cook, but I'm a GREAT taster - Ina Garten
jackiecat
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby BonBon » Thu May 14, 2009 10:50 am

I can't express my feelings of loss any better than has already been said, other than to offer my prayers and good thoughts to her family and our family here on the board.

Bonnie
Q: What was the most positive result of
the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A: It took 95% of the
Obama bumper stickers off the road.
--David Letterman
BonBon
Rear Admiral (lower half) Briner

Postby Myrealana » Thu May 14, 2009 11:26 am

Well, being out of the loop of whatever is going on with Dynagirl, I hope that the conclusion I have reached through the clues is incorrect.

However, I fear it is not, and so, I am sad. :cry:
GONE, BABY, GONE.
Myrealana
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Dana » Thu May 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Dale Gribble wrote:
fizzviic wrote:I did not know Dynagirl, nor do I recall interacting with her in her posts.

Well said.

One more.
Marco Polo didn't have much of a travel agent...Heck of a good publicist, though! - Alton Brown
My ramblings...Cookin' At Café D->Click-o-Rama
Dana
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Kamidanshir » Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 pm

That goes for me as well, and my heartfelt condolences to the entire dynafamily.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Kamidanshir
Dread Pirate Briner

Postby SingingWillow » Thu May 14, 2009 1:48 pm

I am deeply saddened. :cry:
Ship's Talespinner & C.R.O.N.E.
Watching Caydence Grow

Rod Stewart wrote:I would have given you all of my heart
But there's someone who's torn it apart
And he's taken just all that I had
But if you want I'll try to love again
Baby I'll try to love again but I know

The first cut is the deepest
SingingWillow
Admiral Briner

Location: I was in your arms Thinking I belonged there ...Thinking I'd be strong there....But I was a fool

Postby BikerBobo1 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Kamidanshir wrote:

That goes for me as well, and my heartfelt condolences to the entire dynafamily.

This goes for me too.......
I want to retire early enough to work on my own crap.
I want to live long enough to get to ride it.
bobo Bolinski
BikerBobo1
Vice Admiral Briner

Next

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget