[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - In Memoriam: Dynagirl

In Memoriam: Dynagirl

The cream of the crop.

Postby Diane » Thu May 14, 2009 6:18 pm

I knew that Dynagirl was sick, but I didn't know how bad it had gotten. I am so sad to hear that she is gone. My heart goes out to her family.

Is this the first time we have lost a member of the community this way?
"USE BUTTER" Nana
In Heaven 8/22/2008

I used to be calm, fun and nice. Now, I can't get enough wine.

http://https://www.facebook.com/sucrebaker
Diane
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Erin » Thu May 14, 2009 6:44 pm

My best to Dynagirl's family and friends. It is truly saddening to hear of your loss.

May I request, with respect, that we maybe re-name this thread to something appropriate and maybe sticky it, so that people who would like to pay their respects may do so without too much difficulty? I would wager not many people who just "check in" on the board would know that they should click on a thread named "[redacted]" to learn of the passing of a fellow board member.

Just a gentle suggestion...
GEFP Resident Reluctant Pinup, Backseam Expert and Self-Appointed Weathergirl "Extraordinaire"
Erin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Diane » Thu May 14, 2009 6:47 pm

deleted
Last edited by Diane on Fri May 15, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"USE BUTTER" Nana
In Heaven 8/22/2008

I used to be calm, fun and nice. Now, I can't get enough wine.

http://https://www.facebook.com/sucrebaker
Diane
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby nolafoodie » Thu May 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Either of the above sounds good to me.

Also, is there something we can do as a group, e.g., collect funds for flowers or a donation?
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby koshersalty » Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 pm

I really have to keep better track of the board. I keep coming back after short absences to terrible news.

To those of you who knew Dynagirl personally or were good 'board buddies' with her, and to her family, my most heartfelt condolences.

It sucks when we lose one of our own. Perhaps an industrious board member or admin could look back through some old posts, pictures, etc. and construct a memorial thread for her. To honor some of her contributions here and elsewhere.

This is just a 'news' thread...let's see a nice 'memorial' thread that helps us remember our friend in better times.

Peace to you, Dynagirl we will miss you...
http://www.do1thing.us
---------------
What doesn't kill us only makes us wierder...
koshersalty
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby DitsyD » Thu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm

flowerchick wrote:Jonie's husband called me this morning and asked that I share their news with you all later in a post that was complete and in his own words that he would compose later today. I agreed and told him that I would wait to hear back from him via email about what he wanted to say to the group, and would let you all know in the way that he asked. He was pretty specific about that.

Unfortunately, ......... it was posted here.

I await Jonie's husbands email and will pass along his message when I receive it.

I think that we should wait on this before starting any more threads.
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means." ~Albert Einstein
"Life is too short to make crust for uncertain pies."~Wendy McClure
If looks could kill, women wouldn't need frying pans.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.
DitsyD
Admiral Briner

Postby Butterbean » Thu May 14, 2009 8:15 pm

DitsyD wrote:
flowerchick wrote:...I await Jonie's husbands email and will pass along his message when I receive it.

I think that we should wait on this before starting any more threads.

Seconded.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Littlebit » Thu May 14, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm FB friends with Jonie and a lot of "her kids" from school are posting things on her FB site, akin to a memorial. Very sweet and very touching.

I didn't know her very well, neither here nor on FB, but she was obviously very well loved and will be very sorely missed by many, many people. :(
ImageLittlebitImage

Honorary Oompa Loompa and Official GEFP Maven of Cynicism
Littlebit
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Butterbean » Thu May 14, 2009 9:43 pm

The Facebook tributes from Jonie's students are so beautiful. They know her better than most of us & she touched their lives in a very special way.

Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Sharona » Thu May 14, 2009 10:23 pm

My condolences to her family and friends.

I did not know her, but having read what others have posted here, I wish I had :(
Sharona
Captain Briner

Re: In Memoriam: Dynagirl

Postby EricE » Thu May 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Wow, what horrible news.

My sincere condolences to Dynagirl's family - she will be missed :(
Cannot run out of time. Time is infinite. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool.
EricE
Admiral Briner

Postby Itchyfoot » Thu May 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Erin wrote:My best to Dynagirl's family and friends. It is truly saddening to hear of your loss.

May I request, with respect, that we maybe re-name this thread to something appropriate and maybe sticky it, so that people who would like to pay their respects may do so without too much difficulty? I would wager not many people who just "check in" on the board would know that they should click on a thread named "[redacted]" to learn of the passing of a fellow board member.

Just a gentle suggestion...

I am very sorry to hear this.

Thank you for renaming the thread; I wouldn't have clicked on it otherwise.

There are pictures of her and her family from the first crabpalooza, if it seems okay to post them. Dynaboy may have been sitting on Kinsley's right. Who ever took the pic of me, Kinz, and that huge platter of crabs may have taken some.
Itchyfoot
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby vickatina » Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 pm

I can't think of anything to add, other than what has already been said.

I met Jonie at my first Crabfeast in MD. Very nice person, and a very nice family. Dynaboy and my girls fed the ducks and fish at the Dock of the Bay.

My condolences to the Dynafamily. :cry:
"I'm not a stalker, I'm an unpaid private investigator." ;)

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Well, we're living here in Allentown (actually, just a bit north)

Postby Norm357 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:08 pm

R.I.P. :cry:
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby eye4got » Fri May 15, 2009 12:24 am

Allow me to add my sincerest condolences to her family and friends. She will be truly missed.
"I do believe that the supreme arrogance to believe that you understand the mind of the creator of the universe and are empowered to judge other humans in God's name is at the root of many of humanity's problems."
-Kinsley
eye4got
Admiral Briner

Postby missimessi » Fri May 15, 2009 12:29 am

Thanks Mongo for renaming, and restating. I've been following the thread, but only after it was redacted, and I didn't want to post my sympathies if I had read into the posts wrong.

My deepest sympathy to her friends and family. What a wonderful addition she has been to our group!
missimessi
Rear Admiral (upper half) Briner

Postby GameCook » Fri May 15, 2009 12:59 am

I too didn't know her very well, but wanted to wish my condolences to those who did.

You will be in my prayers.
Kevin

"You do not 'have a soul.' You ARE a soul, you 'have a body.'" -- C.S. Lewis
GameCook
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Kinsley » Fri May 15, 2009 4:15 am

I've always believed that death is the time to celebrate the life that has
ended. My ex-wife's diabetic grandmother, often said that after she was
dead, she wanted her friends and relatives to have a picnic on her grave
and eat all the fattening things that she loved but had been forced to give
up. It made me sad that they never did it. I've always the thought that an
Irish wake is the way to go. Have a party! Do things that the departed
would have enjoyed.

To that end, and I hope you don't find this too trivial... Since Joni was
the only person I've ever met who was an enthusiastic fan of Women's Pro
Basketball... In her memory, I think I'll go to a WNBA game. There's still
a team in DC, isn't there? Anybody wanna join me? :wink:

btw - What's her last name? I'm sure I used to know it, but the memory
is weak.

The Artist formerly known as BigCrab

"They were so preoccupied with what they could do, that they didn't
think about whether they should.''
- Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park .

"You can't always get what you want; but if you try sometimes,
you just might find, you get what you need."
- Mick
Kinsley
Kindly Old Uncle

Postby DanC » Fri May 15, 2009 7:06 am

add my condolences to the family...

I'll be thinking of her as I cross the Mississippi into Baton Rouge next Friday.

:cry:
DanC
Admiral Briner

Postby TessB » Fri May 15, 2009 8:03 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: Rest in Peace
A day without cannolis is like a day without sunshine- Phil Rizzuto
Why do people park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?- George Carlin
Nobody puts Baby in the corner- Johnny Castle(Patrick Swayze-Dirty Dancing)
TessB
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby flowerchick » Fri May 15, 2009 9:02 am

Kinsley wrote:- What's her last name? I'm sure I used to know it, but the memory
is weak.

Jonie Lehmann

Henry hasnt gotten back to me yet about the details of her services in MD or back in her hometown in Mississippi etc, but I know he has a lot on his plate right now...

The short story: Jonie has battled breast cancer for a couple of years now. They thought it was gone, but it came back. She was taking treatment, and she decided to go to West Virginia last weekend with some girlfriends to an outlet mall shopping. Somehow she fell and hit her head. She had head injuries that she could not recover from. She leaves behind Henry, her husband, and her 10 year old son James.

Her last post on Facebook on Saturday which I believe was shortly before her fall:
"Jonie Lehmann is in west Virginia listening to the breeze in the trees."
One of Jonie's favorite songs listed on Facebook- Indigo Girls "World Falls"

Rest In Peace Jonie.

GEFP Style Maven

"There is a flower, a little flower with a silver crest and golden eye...that welcomes every changing hour and weathers every sky."
flowerchick
Admiral Briner

Postby Grovite » Fri May 15, 2009 9:56 am

:cry:

My condolences to her family.
Rock & Roll is like Mexican food. As it improves in quality, it stops being what it is.
Grovite
Red-Headed Stepchild

Postby Chef Mongo » Fri May 15, 2009 10:36 am

And may she find so wondrous a perch beyond the veil. Thanks for posting that, Fleur.
"Anything that makes your mother cry is fun." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby beenie » Fri May 15, 2009 11:05 am

It's nice to know that with everything she'd been through in the last few years, that she had some peace and relaxation before the end.

RIP, Dynagirl, and much love and healing to those left behind.
beenie
Big Sister

Postby gwilson » Fri May 15, 2009 3:02 pm

My condolences to the family, friends, and everyone else who has been affected by Jonie's death.

-Greg
But with food, I'm like the reckless son of James and Paula Dean. -Ben Grabow
gwilson
Captain Briner

Postby kickstart » Fri May 15, 2009 3:32 pm

My condolences to the family. God bless you all.
kickstart
Lieutenant Commander Briner

Postby Tena » Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 pm

My heartfelt sympathies go out to DynaBoy and Dynahubby. Struggling with a difficult disease is bad enough, to have something unexpected like this come along during it is ..well..words fail me.

My thoughts are with Dynagirl's friends and family. May they revel in the happy memories and lean on each other for support.

{{hugs to you all}}
Tena
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Butterbean » Fri May 15, 2009 5:42 pm

I thought I would quote some of the FB quotes from Jonie's students, leaving out their names for privacy. Jonie taught at Bowie High School, and must have had an amazing impact on her students.

Its funny how one person can make so many people come together for one reason. Mrs. Lehmann was a saint and she didn't know it. From the way she expressed how she felt to the jokes she would make about other people like you and me. She produced a group of people that could learn to like each other each and produce a fabulous yearbook and newspaper. Her years at Bowie high school made an impact on soo many people and we will never for get her. Yes, it will be hard to let her go, but the morn of lehmann will forever last in our hearts we believed in her and she did make a difference in everyones life. There wasn't one person that I ever met at my years at Bowie that could honestly say that they did not like her. She is amazing. She cared, but she did not care too much. It was a good thing in many ways because if we were to get too close to her this would be all the much harder. I give her very intelligent son the best of wishes and I know he will be just as kind hearted and reall as her.

Rest in peace Ms. Lehmann. I really don't know what to say. You were the first person to great me at Bowie with a smile, you made me feel as if I was in a warm place. You comforted me when I was in need of support after I was fearing the consequences of my actions. You helped me discover the talents I had lying within myself. Not only photography, but my ability to write as well. It will be hard to discover what is to hold in my future without the guidance of one of my greatest mentors. Ms. Lehmann, I will greatly miss you. Forever may your soul be in a better place. It has been an honor to know you these last three years.

I love you!!! You will always be in my heart forever!!! I never could have asked for a better friend, teacher, etc. You were more than just my yearbook supervisor... I considered you like family. I will miss you!!! ♥ RIP

Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby geimerst » Fri May 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Extending condolences to those affected.

:(
geimerst

Postby calkat » Fri May 15, 2009 8:47 pm

My thoughts and prayers to her family and to those who knew her. She seems like a wonderful person to have known. One of the attributes of the internet is its ability for people to connect and it has done that here on so many levels. Here's to a celebration of her life.
calkat
Commander Briner

PreviousNext

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget