[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Briners Go Mad!! Madison, WI - October 2-4, 2009

Briners Go Mad!! Madison, WI - October 2-4, 2009

The cream of the crop.

Where and when?

Dells, Dells on Tap weekend
No votes
Madison, Dells on Tap weekend
19%
Dells, Labor Day weekend
No votes
Madison, Labor Day weekend
11%
Dells, some other weekend
No votes
Madison, some other weekend
44%
No preference - if you plan it, I'll be there!
26%

Total votes : 27

Re: Briners Go Mad!! Madison, WI - October 2-4, 2009

Postby CopperTop » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:37 pm

jackiecat wrote:
AltonsGal730 wrote:Thanks, Cheryl!

You are very welcome! Are you CopperTops daughter?

Yep, that's my kid. I'm working on getting the SO to accompany us up there as well. You'll see him lurking around here.
Fat, sassy and proud.
CopperTop
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby jackiecat » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:44 pm

CopperTop wrote:
jackiecat wrote:
AltonsGal730 wrote:Thanks, Cheryl!

You are very welcome! Are you CopperTops daughter?

Yep, that's my kid. I'm working on getting the SO to accompany us up there as well. You'll see him lurking around here.

That would be great! I'd love to meet the whole Top family! :P
Cheryl

I've been kissed by Pixie AND hugged by Holly!

I'm not a great cook, but I'm a GREAT taster - Ina Garten
jackiecat
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby koshersalty » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Absolutely BUZZING with excitement. Holy smokes it it time to leave yet??

I'm bringing a minivan, but someone else might have to drive it if we're doing a beer tour :shock: I hope I can get to the 'good' beer store and get some cases of 12oz trading cards!!

I am hoping we're both off so we can leave in the AM. Google sez 6.5hrs (not counting Chicago delays) + it would be kewl to stop along the way at points of interest. I like interesting points. They're very interesting.

Great googly moogly I am excited...can't wait to see y'all!
http://www.do1thing.us
---------------
What doesn't kill us only makes us wierder...
koshersalty
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Erin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 am

koshersalty wrote:Great googly moogly I am excited...can't wait to see y'all!

I can feel your giddiness through the computer, Mr. Schoolboy! :lol: And I love it! I also can't wait to see peeps. :D
GEFP Resident Reluctant Pinup, Backseam Expert and Self-Appointed Weathergirl "Extraordinaire"
Erin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Parintachin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Sheesh, I go away from the board for a while and the whole damn place looks different.

Okay Briners, here's the itinerary for the Madison Beer Tour.

As so many of you will be going to the Dane County Farmers Market in the morning, we're going to schedule the Beer Tour in the afternoon so people can attend both events, though you guys are going to be in marathon mode all Saturday with this.

After the Farmers Market, we will be gathering at the Great Dane Brewpub in Fitchburg at 12:00pm. The Dane has good, safe parking options for those who are aggregating cars and we'll drop you off here on our way back. We shall be taking our lunch and our first beer samples. The Dane offers a 10 beer sampler for $15.00 and one of the 50 Best Burgers In The Country according to Food Network Magazine. It's the Great Dane Brat & Pretzel Burger and I do recommend it. You may require it's comfort within your belly to soak up all the beer.

From the Dane we shall head up the Beltline to Capitol Brewery where we shall sample the fruit of the brewers art in their lovely Bier Stube. We will be taking the 1:30 Bier Tour at Capitol for $3.00 each.

From Capitol Brewery we shall strike out, across the wild countryside of rural Wisconsin to New Glarus Brewery where we shall avail ourselves of their self-guided Tour and samples in their tasting room. Samples are $3.50 a piece and come with a commemorative glass. (which you can put on that shelf next to your one from Dells On Tap). From New Glarus we shall head north to the Mt. Horeb where we will visit the Grumpy Troll which offers another fine selection of well crafted suds and further beer absorbing munchies should you deem them necessary.

From New Glarus we shall return swiftly to Madison that we may visit Ale Asylum for a quick perusal and, if we have time, over to the Malt House to fill in what remaining blanks there are in your alcoholic education.

Unfortunately, one of the stars of the Southern Wisconsin beer producers, Lake Louis , no longer offers tours and has no taproom. Happily, Malt House carries a fine selection of their products, often has a few of them on tap and offers free samples. (which is why I love that bar so very, very much).

Our goal here is to be done and still standing by 5:30pm or 6:00pm so that people have time to freshen up before Cocktails and dinner at the Tornado Room at 7:30.

BTW, our yearly "where to drink after dinner" issue is solved by our attendance of the Tornado Room. They have a full-fledged retro bar in the basement.
Last edited by Parintachin on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The World is my country, all man and women are my brothers and sisters, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
Parintachin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Erin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:01 pm

Parintachin wrote:...Tornado Room. They have a full-fledged retro bar in the basement.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMGWAITWAITWAITWAITWAIT...a "retro" bar?! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am thinnnnnnnking...wiggle dress. Or maybe a 50s party dress. Either way, red lips, arched brows, false eyelashes and pretty shoes. :dance: :D :dance:

*runs off to check all her favorite retro/rockabilly girlie clothing sites*
GEFP Resident Reluctant Pinup, Backseam Expert and Self-Appointed Weathergirl "Extraordinaire"
Erin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby sadiedog » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Whoa. I'm thinking we are going to have a great time Saturday. Thanks Pari & Beenie for all the hard work.

I don't have retro clothes to wear...unless you count 10 year old clothes as "retro." Gonna have to suffice with dress slacks and a nice top.

So...is it Torn-a-do or Tor-na-do Room?
GES Chickeny Hands Resident Blond(e)/Dense Member
---------------
"When ordinary citizens understand they are being played for fools, they bristle." ~Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Postby beenie » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Like the weather phenomenon. :)
I've been kissed by Pixie - for real!
beenie
Big Sister

Postby Dana » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Tornado..like the whirlwind Beer Tour.
I'm sooo excited!
Marco Polo didn't have much of a travel agent...Heck of a good publicist, though! - Alton Brown
My ramblings...Cookin' At Café D->Click-o-Rama
Dana
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Erin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:51 am

:dance: oneweekoneweekoneweekoneweek
oneweekoneweekoneweekoneweekoneweekoneweekoneweekoneweek
oneweekoneweekoneweekoneweekoneweekoneweekoneweekoneweek!! :dance:
Erin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Parintachin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Other interesting facts. If we decide that the Corral Room is not our style, there is another amazing little watering hole Genna's which is one of my favorites.
"The World is my country, all man and women are my brothers and sisters, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
Parintachin
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby sadiedog » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:02 am

Just checked out the weather. As of now, it looks like it could be a damp, cool day on Saturday. Must remember to pack the umbrellas.

The chance for weather has not dampened my excitement, however. It's merely a bit of rain. May make the crowds at the farmers market small and the beer taste better. :D Besides, we're still in the high 80's/low 90's here, I'm looking forward to cool weather.
---------------
"When ordinary citizens understand they are being played for fools, they bristle." ~Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Postby Tena » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:53 am

I will be thinking of y'all as I spend the weekend in a morphine induced haze. ;-)
Last edited by Tena on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When your wrong, your wrong.

Dammit I'm mad is the same if you spell it backwards.
(And you totally just checked.)

Worry is a misuse of the imagination.
~Dan Zadra~
Tena
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Quizmistress » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:26 am

Tena said:
I will be thinking of y'all as spend the weekend in a morphine induced haze.

You'll be with us in spirit, fear not.
Got your # in my cell, sweetie. You may end up getting NUMEROUS beer incuded phone calls from us.
Hope you don't like to sleep. :wink:
Image Image
Quizmistress
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Hopefully where I need to be when I need to be there

Postby jrzjrz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Parintachin wrote:Sheesh, I go away from the board for a while and the whole damn place looks different.

Okay Briners, here's the itinerary for the Madison Beer Tour.

After the Farmers Market, we will be gathering at the Great Dane Brewpub in Fitchburg at 12:00pm. The Dane has good, safe parking options for those who are aggregating cars and we'll drop you off here on our way back. We shall be taking our lunch and our first beer samples. The Dane offers a 10 beer sampler for $15.00 and one of the 50 Best Burgers In The Country according to Food Network Magazine. It's the Great Dane Brat & Pretzel Burger and I do recommend it. You may require it's comfort within your belly to soak up all the beer.

From the Dane we shall head up the Beltline to Capitol Brewery where we shall sample the fruit of the brewers art in their lovely Bier Stube. We will be taking the 1:30 Bier Tour at Capitol for $3.00 each.

From Capitol Brewery we shall strike out, across the wild countryside of rural Wisconsin to New Glarus Brewery where we shall avail ourselves of their self-guided Tour and samples in their tasting room. Samples are $3.50 a piece and come with a commemorative glass. (which you can put on that shelf next to your one from Dells On Tap). From New Glarus we shall head north to the Mt. Horeb where we will visit the Grumpy Troll which offers another fine selection of well crafted suds and further beer absorbing munchies should you deem them necessary.

From New Glarus we shall return swiftly to Madison that we may visit Ale Asylum for a quick perusal and, if we have time, over to the Malt House to fill in what remaining blanks there are in your alcoholic education.

Unfortunately, one of the stars of the Southern Wisconsin beer producers, Lake Louis , no longer offers tours and has no taproom. Happily, Malt House carries a fine selection of their products, often has a few of them on tap and offers free samples. (which is why I love that bar so very, very much).

Our goal here is to be done and still standing by 5:30pm or 6:00pm so that people have time to freshen up before Cocktails and dinner at the Tornado Room at 7:30.

BTW, our yearly "where to drink after dinner" issue is solved by our attendance of the Tornado Room. They have a full-fledged retro bar in the basement.

I am SSSOOO there! :dance: :dance:

The Malt House is an excellent place for suds. I hope we have time.

Jackiecat, if you'd like we could split another Escargot. Yummm. :D
Changing the world one pixie at a time.

jrzjrz
Rear Admiral (lower half) Briner

Postby jackiecat » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Tena, I will really miss you!

jrzjrz, YAY! You're on for the escargot!
Cheryl

jackiecat
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby lunanoir » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:50 pm

Tena wrote:I will be thinking of y'all as I spend the weekend in a morphine induced haze. ;-)

Good to know you weren't looking for attention.

I'm sure you'll be missed.
lunanoir
Admiral Briner

Postby EricE » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:48 am

lunanoir wrote:Good to know you weren't looking for attention.
I'm sure you'll be missed.

Is it just me or was that unnecessarily harsh? Perhaps I read it wrong?
Cannot run out of time. Time is infinite. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool.
EricE
Admiral Briner

Postby Dana » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Tena, you should come.
You bring your morphine, I'll bring ma oxycodone :)
I'll get to Mad'son,
Before ye!

Wow. These really ARE good drugs!~
Marco Polo didn't have much of a travel agent...Heck of a good publicist, though! - Alton Brown
Dana
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby beenie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Could folks who are staying at the Extended Stay please call Alan at the hotel to confirm your reservations and confirm that they should be int he GEFP block? I got a call from him this morning, asking if we were still planning on needing the block, because none of the blocked rooms have been reserved. :shock: 608.833.1400
beenie
Big Sister

Postby honeycomb » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi beenie; got the message. Left a msg on Alan's voice mail asking that my reservation be included in the room block.
Never eat more than you can lift. --Miss Piggy

Pleasant words are a honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and healing to the bones.
honeycomb
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Tena » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Dana wrote:You bring your morphine, I'll bring ma oxycodone :)

Paaaaahr-tay!!!

8) :lol:
When your wrong, your wrong.

Dammit I'm mad is the same if you spell it backwards.
(And you totally just checked.)

Worry is a misuse of the imagination.
~Dan Zadra~
Tena
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby jackiecat » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:08 pm

beenie wrote:Could folks who are staying at the Extended Stay please call Alan at the hotel to confirm your reservations and confirm that they should be int he GEFP block? I got a call from him this morning, asking if we were still planning on needing the block, because none of the blocked rooms have been reserved. :shock: 608.833.1400

Done! WHEE, I'm excited!
Cheryl

jackiecat
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby sadiedog » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Ok, left him a message.
---------------
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Postby Dana » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Facebook flair now available.
Search under DanaMc Briners
Or, ask Erin, Beenie, Sadie, Josh, Pari, Honeycomb...and whoever else I sent it too.
(Gonna blame it on the drugage.)

Edited to add:
I've tried sending to Josh, Sadie and Honey, but the app keeps erroring out.
Dana
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby honeycomb » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:56 pm

You can't see me, but I'm doing my "I can't wait" happy dance! Two days! Two days!

Good grief, I gotta pack!

Ha, Friday morning I'm helping make applesauce with my littlest foodie in kindergarten. "You might want a poncho," says the teacher with a smile, so that should be a great start to the weekend (and if my hands are still sticky, you'll know why). :wink:
Never eat more than you can lift. --Miss Piggy

Pleasant words are a honeycomb; sweetness to the soul and healing to the bones.
honeycomb
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby CopperTop » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:25 pm

honeycomb wrote:You can't see me, but I'm doing my "I can't wait" happy dance! Two days! Two days!

Good grief, I gotta pack!

Ha, Friday morning I'm helping make applesauce with my littlest foodie in kindergarten. "You might want a poncho," says the teacher with a smile, so that should be a great start to the weekend (and if my hands are still sticky, you'll know why). :wink:

I already have the suitcases in the car, as well as jackets. Last minute will be drinks, snacks and the technogeek bag.

We're headed out in the dark of the night tonight!
Fat, sassy and proud.
CopperTop
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby jackiecat » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:54 pm

What time are people getting to the hotel Friday? I'll be checking in about 3:00. If anyone wants my cell phone number, PM me.
Cheryl

jackiecat
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby beenie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:02 am

CopperTop wrote:...as well as jackets.

You'll need 'em - it's supposed to be mid 50s and rainy this weekend. Not the first time we'll have crap weather for our Wisctober gathering, but I was kind of hoping for a nice day for the Farmers' Market. *sigh*
beenie
Big Sister

Postby CopperTop » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:17 am

Well, we are headed ut the door to the car. We'll see y'all on Friday, except for the folks we hope to catch when we stop for lunch. :)
Fat, sassy and proud.
CopperTop
Vice Admiral Briner

PreviousNext

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget