[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

The cream of the crop.

GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

Postby Slamdunkpro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:30 pm

BRINER MEET INFO
There is a Ted's Montana Grill in the Cumberland Mall, about 2 blocks from the Cobb center and within walking distance of the Sheraton Suites. While it's a chain, it has a very nice bar/lounge and would make a good meeting place. We will gather there around 5pm for a libation then head over to the Cobb center.

Tickets go on sale Monday at 10am.

Who's interested in going / meeting up?

I'm planing on getting into Atlanta Friday PM and leaving Sunday morning. I'm up for either / both shows and am interested in doing the $175 evening package if there is a group of us.

Who's in?
Last edited by Slamdunkpro on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
There is no problem that can’t be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order
I've been kissed by Pixie!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Littlebit » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:03 pm

I want to say we are but I don't know just yet. Depends on Hegehog's work situation, the possibility of the in-laws Dobbysitting, etc. As soon as I know, if it's good news, I'll be screaming it from the rooftops! :lol:

Cuz I'd want to go to see all y'all again as much as, if not more than wanting to see AB. But don't tell AB that.
ImageLittlebitImage

Honorary Oompa Loompa and Official GEFP Maven of Cynicism
Littlebit
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby tigger25143 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Leaning toward the evening package. But, my first thought was the afternoon show.

I do want to "explore" Atlanta a bit (World of Coke or CNN)

Haven't made a firm choice, but I will be going to one of the shows.

BTW:
Slamdunkpro, I love that chef's jacket!!!
I made myself a Hawaiian print one and bought some black fabric and flame print to do a similar jacket. Then I saw your avay! OMG, great minds! :wink:
tigger25143
Ensign Briner

Postby gypsy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:11 pm

I would really enjoy going, especially meeting some of you, but unfortunately beating cancer has completely bankrupted me. I can just about make train fare to New York City - but then I'd have to go without lunch and dinner for at least 3 days.
Breast cancer is a disease, not a marketing opportunity.
----------------------------
That Obama sticker on your car might as well say, "Yes, I'm Stupid".
----------------------------
Mangia e statte zitte.
gypsy
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby DanC » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:27 pm

based on my random happy, I do believe I'm in.

1st step is getting the tickets though... think tickets will sell out fast?
DanC
Admiral Briner

Postby Rockford 10 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm interested, but I don't know if I can swing getting there. If I were to go, I would fly in Friday night and leave Sunday morning. I would probably want to go to both shows (maybe cheap seats in the morning and the $175 tickets at night).
Rockford 10
Captain Briner

Postby ABwannabe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:17 pm

If I go, it'll almost surely be the cheap seats. I'm trying to get out of debt, and can't justify many"frivolous" expenses. I may be able to cash in some frequent customer points at a hotel to make the trip less painful. I'd still have to eat, however.

ETA: If I go, I'd definitely be interested in meeting!
ABwannabe
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby vickatina » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:40 am

I'M IN!

I plan on arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday morning.

Since I've already chatted with Mr. Slam, I'm in for the evening show. (The $50 ticket, NOT the $175)

But, I am considering get a cheap ticket to the early show as well.

This would be an awesome Briner meet!

I was searching hotels in the area...Red Roof Inn has rooms starting at $49.
"I'm not a stalker, I'm an unpaid private investigator." ;)

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Well, we're living here in Allentown (actually, just a bit north)

Postby vickatina » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:40 am

Double post..nothing to see here.
Last edited by vickatina on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Norm357 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 am

I can't crack the 175 dollar nut right now so I will have to enjoy it through y'alls reports. :oops:
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby gwilson » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:37 am

DanC wrote:... think tickets will sell out fast?

I do think they will. This isn't just another book signing or demo that Alton is doing - this seems like it's going to be something special. Also, while looking for ticket information (before it was announced), I noticed a decent amount of buzz on other websites about the event.

I would be up for a meeting that weekend. I should be off all weekend, so I should be available. If anyone wants a tour, I always enjoy doing that. And I may be available to play taxi if anybody is flying in and doesn't want to rent a car. (Although if you're going to spend any time in Atlanta, a rental car makes sense.)

-Greg
But with food, I'm like the reckless son of James and Paula Dean. -Ben Grabow
gwilson
Captain Briner

Postby Littlebit » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:07 am

It's looking better for us going. Hegehog is off from work that weekend and I think we can swing it. Now to see if I can get tickets.

If we came, it's probably be sometime late Friday or ealy Saturday to sometime early Monday, unless we could find a plane that would get us home VERY late Sunday.

We're not a 100% yet but getting closer...
ImageLittlebitImage

Littlebit
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Littlebit » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 am

I take it back. Hegehog just looked at his schedule and if he is with is current job, he will be working that weekend. I don't know why he was off??? If he gets either of the 2 jobs he applied for, he'll be off but he won't know that for at least 2 more weeks. I won't go without him this time (already left him for a Briners meet, will be leaving him for my Alaska cruise in mid-August AND for a week in the UK in Sept. before he comes for the latter half of that trip). So we'll wait to see what the job situation is and IF he gets either of the new jobs (either of which would have an AWESOME schedule for a pharmacist - 9-5 M-F for one and 8:30-7 M-R for the other) we'll see if any tickets are left and go from there.
ImageLittlebitImage

Littlebit
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Hegehog » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am

Sorry,

When you asked me yesterday, I thought I was off. The brain is kind of a mush of ideas right now. Who knows? I'm kind of living my life in 2 week increments right now.
Hegehog
Seaman Apprentice Briner

Postby DanC » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:12 pm

OK, I was just caught in a moment of weakness, but I'm in...

Pixie, Patrick and I recall dibs on your couch!

We are going to both shows, and doing the evening AB meet n greet.

I think I'll fly this time.

FYI, I got row DDD for the evening show.

/back to Atlanta!
DanC
Admiral Briner

Just bought two tix 2pm show (Internet pre-sale)

Postby ScoopIrish » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 pm

I just secured two excellent seats for Alton's 10th Anniversary show at 2pm -- almost front row! Looking forward to seeing all you fellow Good Eats fans there!
Timothy Sullivan
When I'm not cooking, I am the...
Selling Geek: Tech Reviews for Sales Pros
http://sellinggeek.com
ScoopIrish
Seaman Recruit Briner

Postby vickatina » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:41 pm

I scored tickets for both shows! (I'm not doing the meet n greet thingy).

This is gonna be crazy and fun!!

Can't wait to see everyone!

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby vickatina » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:41 pm

A second double post? What the heck?
Last edited by vickatina on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Sharona » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:04 pm

The meet-and-greet was out of my price range, so I've got regular peon tickets. Decent ones, tho.

I'd love to do some kind of get-together with the rest of you who are in town, whether or not we manage to make it to the same showing.

If I'm free that weekend, then I will be able to do, oh, morning drives to Farmer's Market ... remember, I'm local and have a car.

and there's always something like Sunday brunch ...
Sharona
Captain Briner

Re: GE 10th anniversary Show - possible Briner meet?

Postby EricE » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:41 pm

OK, I'm in. Just got my ticket.

Anyone picked a hotel yet?

Edit: Anyone see any reference to the policy on cameras? :twisted:
Cannot run out of time. Time is infinite. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool.
EricE
Admiral Briner

Postby Peachtart » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:31 am

I'm in for both shows, including the meet and greet.
Would love to get together with folks.

I'm in row DDD for the afternoon and CCC for the evening.

GWilson....let me know plans. You know I will "follow you" anywhere.

-Peachtart
Work is my friend. Everything good I have in my life has come from work.

I subscribe to Pari's Pledge!
Peachtart
Ensign Briner

Postby vickatina » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:42 am

EricE wrote:OK, I'm in. Just got my ticket.

As far as hotels...I was looking around and saw that the Red Roof Inn has rooms for $49/night.

Tigger told me about America's Best Value Inn that is offering a 20% discount if you stay for 2 nights. She had also said they were a couple of bucks cheaper than RRI.

Cameras...you KNOW everyone is gonna have one....they can't catch us ALL!! :twisted: (But if you print out your ticket, it does say that cameras are STRICTLY forbidden)

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby chefshawn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:23 pm

tigger25143 wrote:Leaning toward the evening package. But, my first thought was the afternoon show.

I do want to "explore" Atlanta a bit (World of Coke or CNN)

Haven't made a firm choice, but I will be going to one of the shows.

BTW:
Slamdunkpro, I love that chef's jacket!!!
I made myself a Hawaiian print one and bought some black fabric and flame print to do a similar jacket. Then I saw your avay! OMG, great minds! :wink:

even for a pepsi guy, world of coke is a lot of fun. the best part is the third floor, which is a tasting room of coke products from around the world. very cool.
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby Pixietoes » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:33 pm

The CNN tour is interesting, and I haven't been to World of Coke since they moved it and re-did everything, but I'm told it's better than it used to be.
Of course the aquarium is a big draw, if you have the time. All three of those sites are within walking distance of the Omni and other other hotels surrounding the Olympic Park. Staying right there is going to be expensive though, I'd imagine.

There are a group of hotels near Cumberland Mall that will be cheaper. I don't know where the Red Roof Inn might be. GWilson could probably advise you better than I about which parts of Atlanta are dicey.
“...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...” Marilyn Monroe
Pixietoes
Mom

Postby chefshawn » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:53 am

we're in! two tickets for the evening show.

it looks like there's a holiday in express just 6.7 miles up I85 and piedmont. we should be good to go!

i didnt know world of coke moved. i have no idea what it's like now, but i'm sure my lady will be interested. i'm TOTALLY walkin in with a pepsi.

woohoo!
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby tigger25143 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:37 am

vickatina wrote:
EricE wrote:OK, I'm in. Just got my ticket.

As far as hotels...I was looking around and saw that the Red Roof Inn has rooms for $49/night.

Tigger told me about America's Best Value Inn that is offering a 20% discount if you stay for 2 nights. She had also said they were a couple of bucks cheaper than RRI.

Cameras...you KNOW everyone is gonna have one....they can't catch us ALL!! :twisted: (But if you print out your ticket, it does say that cameras are STRICTLY forbidden)

I've never stayed at the chain before, but the price is good and 1.5 miles from the Centre (according to Mapquest).
http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=1578
tigger25143
Ensign Briner

Postby EricE » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:09 pm

tigger25143 wrote:I've never stayed at the chain before, but the price is good and 1.5 miles from the Centre (according to Mapquest).
http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=1578

That looks as good as any - perhaps the locals can chime in?

I'm seriously considering just flying down - Airtran has some really cheap fares ($64 one way) so I would probably be looking to catch a ride with someone.
Cannot run out of time. Time is infinite. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool.
EricE
Admiral Briner

Postby Rockford 10 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Let me know about the GEFP hotel. I'm up for anything. I'll fly in late Friday and leave early Sunday. I'd rather not get a car. MARTA around for any of this?

I've got tickets for both shows and the meet-n-greet. Cheap in the afternoon.
Rockford 10
Captain Briner

Postby JJ » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:27 pm

EricE wrote:I'm seriously considering just flying down - Airtran has some really cheap fares ($64 one way) so I would probably be looking to catch a ride with someone.

same here
JJ
Captain Briner

Postby DanC » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:57 pm

My theory is when luck is running high, go with it...

So I just got 2 tickets to ATL for 40,000 miles and $10. :shock:

Bad news, we leave ATL at 6:40 Sunday am. Good news Is we fly 737-500's and not Embradier's, both ways...

I'm thinking of going car-less and showing Patrick the art of carrying a toothbrush and riding MARTA...

We arrive in ATL at 10:30. I guess the question is what we take over between shows and where to crash after the meet n greet.
DanC
Admiral Briner

Next

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget