[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

The cream of the crop.

Re: GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

Postby ghenne » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks for sharing the pics Dan. Looks like you all had fun.

How did you all like Ted's? We actually have a Ted's in RI (amazing) and we really love the burgers.
"My religion is kindness." ~Dalai Lama ~
ghenne
Admiral Briner

Postby EricE » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Greetings from the atlanta airport - I may be here a while as the rain has really threw things into chaos. I may take advantage of it and get avoucher for a later flight - we'll see.

As for yesterday it was a great time! It was a blast seeing everyone, even if I did miss Ted's because I overate at the lunch BBQ :oops: it was very good!

I have lots of pictures I will post after I get home - I should have brought the laptop for something to do - then again there is no free wifi in the airport :evil:
Cannot run out of time. Time is infinite. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool.
EricE
Admiral Briner

Postby Sharona » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Eric, if you end up stuck for hours and hours give me a call -- I'm free in about an hour. I can take you out to dinner or visiting some other spot so you have choices other than the airport.

And if you're stuck overnight, I have crash space. (you can shut the library/guest-room door to keep the cats from joining you)
Sharona
Captain Briner

Postby EricE » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks Sharona. Hopefully it won't come to that!
Cannot run out of time. Time is infinite. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool.
EricE
Admiral Briner

Postby JJ » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:48 pm

btw, the gift card from the salt unit is worth $10. Broke down and ordered the #17 set which is the last I needed
JJ
Captain Briner

Postby Rockford 10 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Whew, I got back and have unpacked!

For those interested, the weekend was fabulous. Holly Rose and I got in about the same time Friday night so I hitched a ride with her to the hotel. We had a quiet dinner in the hotel that night (including some lovely Sauvingon Blanc while on chat). Saturday started early meeting up with Geimerst, JJ and Gwilson. Gwilson took JJ, Holly Rose and I out on a tour of Buford Farmer's Market. It was fabulous. I was fascinated with the live fish at this huge (mostly) Asian market. AB would not approve of the non-sustainable seafood. I got some candies and cookies for family gifts there. Rest assured, the whale crackers are not made of whale; we've tried them. The choco boy cookies though, I think that might be boy.

Eventually, after a lovely ride through Atlanta, we hit the Fox Bros. BBQ where we met EricE. I went with the crowd and ordered the beef rib and a Blue Moon. Dan C, Patrick, Geimerst and Sharona joined us later and Geimerst cleaned my plate for me. Really, what was I going to do? Get a doggie bag?

Sharona quickly ate and took DanC, Patrick and me to the 2:00 show. I had a seat very far away, but it was fabulous! I'll let others tell you about the show.

After the 3 hour show we headed over to Ted's. Dan's picture sums it up, great people in a long table. Met MattScrivo and lots of other briners. After a small salad, we ran back over to the Cobb Center. Matt and I had seats next to each other 3 rows from the stage, DEAD center. I got a poncho. I'm keeping it thankyouverymuch. The second show was great. Great! After some confusion, we headed to the meet-n-greet. They had some refreshments (that beef rib was a long time ago), and we sort of camped out and discussed the state of FoodNetwork. There were gift bags full of great swag and the new book. Eventually AB showed and we got in line for his signature. Honestly, we were exhausted and not in much of a hurry. DanC and EricE got in line before us and ended up about an hour ahead of us to greet AB. By the time we got the signature and a group shot, it was 12:30. We ended up back at the hotel at about 1:00 exhausted and smiling. The flight out was on time and I'm home reviewing my loot.

Thanks to all for a great weekend!

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/k ... 20Atlanta/
Rockford 10
Captain Briner

Postby EricE » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Progress - I'm in charlotte!
EricE
Admiral Briner

Postby Pixietoes » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:36 pm

We had a wonderful weekend. I am exhausted, full of good food, happy to have spent time with friends, and glad I got to see the live taping. We didn't make it to brunch today it was just too challenging to get back into the city so early, especially because Slam & Kittyfixer had a late evening flight scheduled. We wound up hanging out in Woodstock for the early part of the day, and then went into town to see the aquarium and have dinner at Einstein's (which was really good, note for next time) before heading to the airport.

I was really glad to see you all. We've got to do the next gathering in a more relaxed way, so we can just all hang out together and enjoy each other's company without having to travel here and there and be on a schedule, IMO. :D
“...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...” Marilyn Monroe
Pixietoes
Mom

Postby JJ » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:49 pm

woke up from my nap.

They had GE 10 anniversary items for sale in the lobby. The crew had on black GE X shirts with a skull on the back. I thought the first time I saw them it was a SDP shirt.

They had a GE 10 Anniv. kitchen towel, hat, poster, and a standard FN apron. The hat was $20 and the poster $15. I know at least one boardie who got the towel so they'll have to list the price

JJ
Captain Briner

Postby vickatina » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:11 am

I'm the "boardie" that got the towel and the apron. (Big surprise, huh?) :wink:

Apron was $22..towel was $16

The apron is screen printed with the same design as the hat. The towel has the same design, but embroidered.

I'm thinking about taking that design, scanning it, and making a bumper sticker out of it..with the phrase "I was there!" Maybe a shirt? :wink:
"I'm not a stalker, I'm an unpaid private investigator." ;)

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Well, we're living here in Allentown (actually, just a bit north)

Postby gwilson » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:11 am

Saturday was incredible (until the very end - sorry, JJ & Steve).

I didn't sleep much Friday night, so I didn't get up early enough for the farmers' markets. So I just headed straight to the hotel to meet other briners. JJ & Geimerst actually beat me there and were waiting with Hollyrose & Rockford10. Geimerst stayed behind to make sure EricE, DanC, and Patrick had transportation from the airport. The rest of us went by Buford Highway Farmer's Market on the way to Fox Bros. for barbecue. I had forgotten that they have the beef rib special on Saturdays - I've heard such raves about it and been wanting to try it. Almost everybody got it, and it was great. The bark and caramelized fat was awesome. I brought my bone home with a bit of meat still attached - the dog says I'm the best human ever.

After other briners appeared at lunch, we seperated and some of us went to a little surprise I was wanting to do. There's a place in South Atlanta called Morelli's that has awesome ice cream. (Be careful about the website though. I've never had a problem before, but when I just tested it, Norton popped up with a blocked attack message or whatever. And Google is listing it as a bad site. I took the link out of this post.) They have the usual flavors, but also mix it up a bit. Hollyrose got sweet potato pie ice cream, I got sweet corn ice cream. They may sound odd, but they are very good. After that it was just me and Hollyrose, so I took the *long* way back to the hotel, showing her a few sights in the city.

And after that, it was Ted's, the show, the signing. I had a great time. My seat was second row, right in front of the band (I got a poncho). It took me a bit to adjust to the format of the taping, but it was a lot of fun. At the meet & greet, there was a decent spread of finger food and sodas available. By that time, my energy was getting pretty low, but it was still a good time talking and hanging out. By the time we got through the signing line, I was a bit spent (which shows in the picture Rockford10 posted). And unfortunately it was too late for us to make it to Holeman & Finch.

At the end, it was mattscrivo, Hollyrose, Rockford10, JJ, Geimerst, and I, but with only one car. So mattscrivo dropped me off at my car at Cumberland Mall, so I could go back and pick up the guys. Except my car wouldn't start. So as I'm waiting on AAA, I get a call from JJ. And I'm blaming it on being tired, but that's still no excuse. I had totally forgotten about picking them up and taking them to the hotel. I am so sorry. It did work out; I did pick them up on their walk back to the hotel, so they got back safe. But still - I'm sorry. And I got home fine, although the car still won't start on its own.

But even with the car trouble, this was an awesome weekend.

-Greg
But with food, I'm like the reckless son of James and Paula Dean. -Ben Grabow
gwilson
Captain Briner

Postby beldenmusic » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:03 pm

Gosh it's good to read that so many of you had a great time, it's funny my wife, son, and mother in law were sitting right next to your table at Ted's. My wife had no idea of course but when I asked her where they ate she told me "We ate at Ted's, and there was this huge table of Alton fans sitting right next to us discussing Good Eats and Alton in great detail" which she thought was awesome. I think my little guy was wearing his sear sucker suit so if you saw a toe-headed handsome little 8 year old with a very pretty mommy that was them.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to make it to the meet and greet Dan, but that was for people who wanted to meet a real celebrity, err cable-ebrity haha. Actually I was far too exhausted anyway and we had to clear our gear off that stage ASAP for the lighting techs. I do hope to get a chance to meet many of you in person some day, just to thank you for being such loyal fans of the show. You could have yelled hello to me up on stage before/after the show(s) though! I think a couple of you did actually, but I was in a fog to say the least.
What about those guys who played with me huh? What a treat for me, this was an experience I'll never forget that's for sure. As exhausting as the whole experience was I wouldn't trade it for anything, and of course I owe it all to AB and his amazing talent. If you only knew how much energy and professionalism it took for him to be able to pull this off, you would be in disbelief. Knowing AB as long as I have, I have gained an entirely new respect for him after watching this come together.
And not just Alton, but the rest of the GE crew. Those guys worked so freakin' hard and for so long I couldn't believe they were still standing Saturday night. All of it without complaining or yelling, but doing it as a team. I rarely am on set during the tapings of the regular shows, but I'm here to tell you that these people are the best of the best, hands down. When I was leaving the venue late Saturday (or Sunday a.m. I guess) they were still all there loading props, lights, wrangling costumes, packing equipment etc etc, and they were all tired but smiling and laughing.
It was so great to see the actors (Merrilyn, Daniel, Lucky, Widdi, Bart) again too, I wish I had a camcorder going through our first round table meeting with AB and Ted in the Green Room when they all arrived on Thursday. One of the funniest hours I've ever spent in my life. They are just such great talented people. Oh and Ted...what a hell of a nice guy he is! He is the kind of guy who meets you once and immediately remembers your name, from the lighting tech assistant to the food service woman. A true gem of a guy who is the real deal.
Also the production crew that AB/DeAnna and Dana brought in were so incredibly professional and kind. From the sound people, the monitor guys, the camera folks, to the stage manager(s) who were so tolerant of my inexperience of things like this, and so constructively positive in every way. The man in charge of the recording the audio for me in the truck was amazing in his prep work and his setup, and last but not least the director, Eytan Keller, whom I've met through Iron Chef America, is the consummate professional and I can't find the words to describe how great he is.
So thanks to everyone who came, again I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Here's to another 10 years! Now on the '1' yell....GOOD EATS!!

-Patrick
beldenmusic
Master Chief Petty Officer Briner

Postby Pixietoes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:10 pm

Patrick, it was awesome to finally see you perform. You guys rocked. I was hootin' and hollerin' for you when we listening to you warm up the crowd for the evening show. (I'm pretty sure Slam and Kittyfixer were wondering if I was going to continue doing so all night, and hoping not. :oops:)

Thanks for all the work you put in, it was great.
“...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...” Marilyn Monroe
Pixietoes
Mom

Postby Slamdunkpro » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Pixietoes wrote:Patrick, it was awesome to finally see you perform. You guys rocked. I was hootin' and hollerin' for you when we listening to you warm up the crowd for the evening show. (I'm pretty sure Slam and Kittyfixer were wondering if I was going to continue doing so all night, and hoping not. :oops:)

The duct tape was at the ready.
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
There is no problem that can’t be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order
I've been kissed by Pixie!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby hollyrose » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi guys, it was great to finally meet some of you in person! Sorry I didn't get the chance to chat more with most of you at Ted's. But, at the very least I too can now say I've been kissed by Pixie! :D

I've been overusing this word a lot the last few days but it truly was an awesome weekend. Thanks again to gwilson for showing me around all day Saturday and Rockford10 for being my travel buddy! (BTW, were you able to figure out exactly what was in those whale crackers?)

The show was great. I was in the center of the last row in the front section- right in front of where Zoey was sitting. I didn’t even realize it until AB pointed her out. I had totally forgotten that Ted Allen was co-hosting, so when he ran out that was a really cool “surprise.” Patrick, you guys rocked!

Like Rockford10 mentioned we had a long wait in line at the meet & greet but it was so worth it. This was my first time at any AB event so I hadn’t met him before. It was after midnight by the time we got to the front of the line but AB was still completely gracious and full of energy. I managed to only dork out a little bit, after he informed me that my name was “the only female name in the English language that can only be spelled correctly one way” to which I muttered something about how I learn something new from him every day… :oops: but I pulled it together in time to get my pic taken (thanks again Rock10):

As if you can’t tell, yes I am still swooning and giddy. :oops: :D
Heather

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. - Edward Abbey

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter. - Yoda
hollyrose
Ensign Briner

Postby Peachtart » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:13 am

Well, I've finally recovered enough to be able to post. I'm getting too old for so much fun all iin one day.

Saw alot of folks from here, and that's always a treat....

But the SHOW....or actually, I should say SHOWS, since I attended both tapings.....WOW, what a great time.
I can't tell you how shocked I was to see the same, or more, energy from the cast and crew at the 7pm show. By that point I was already tired, and I hadn't done anything but watch and applaud. Whatever those guys are on, I want some.

Patrick, you and your band were Smokin' Hot !!! Like Pixie, I was hollerin' and dancin' in my seat. My friends would have been embarrassed to admit that they know me. Patrick, you should definitely try to make it to one of our "meets" sometime. Just think of it.....several hours of alot of folks telling you how great we think you are....who would want to miss that ?

Finally, after all of that whole day of hard work, there was AB signing and posing and making small talk with tongue-tied fans until the wee hours. How does he do it??

Thanks to everyone who worked hard to put the show together. You did a wonderful job, and I had a great time.

-Peachtart
Work is my friend. Everything good I have in my life has come from work.

I subscribe to Pari's Pledge!
Peachtart
Ensign Briner

Previous

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget