[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

The cream of the crop.

Postby DanC » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:25 pm

geimerst wrote:geimerst - evening + meet-n-greet

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express (link above)

Dan - I'm can get you from the airport to the staging area on Saturday,
my flight gets in before you. We can trade cell numbers and coordinate.

but 6:30am Sunday ??? you couldn't get a flight out of Atlanta other than
half past the @ss crack of dawn ??? :wink:

It cost me $10 for both of us, what can I say. and it's a 737, not a puddle jumper.

I'm sure a cabbie will be glad to take my money, or we stay up all night and hitch a ride someway...

chefshawn - two for evening show
DanC+Patrick - doing both shows, meet-n-greet evening one
EricE - got ticket, didn't say which show
geimerst - evening + meet-n-greet
Glacierfoot - both shows
gwilson - evening show only?
hollyrose - evening meet-n-greet
littlebit + spouse - ?
Peachtart - both shows + meet-n-greet
Pixie - evening show
Rockford 10 - both shows & meet-n-greet
ScoopIrish - 2 seats for the 2pm, almost front row
SharonA - tickets to both shows, will likely do just one
SlamdunkPro & KittyFixer - arrive Friday PM, leave Sunday, Evening Show no meet & Greet
Steve Erhardt - two to evening+meet-n-greet
tigger25143 + mom - which show?
Vickatina - both shows
DanC
Admiral Briner

Postby Pixietoes » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:26 pm

There is a MARTA station right in the airport terminal, you may find you can catch a train between airport and hotel. A train leaving midtown can have you in the aiport in less than 30 minutes. Your hotel of choice should be able to let you know which train stop is most convenient.
“...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...” Marilyn Monroe
Pixietoes
Mom

Postby gwilson » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:54 am

I'm going to the evening show, plus the meet & greet. A few people have asked me about a tour, so I will most likely do one Saturday morning/afternoon. Anybody who is interested, pm me what your timeline is for the weekend and where you're staying. Then I'll put together some plans. I can also do one on Sunday if anybody is interested.

-Greg
But with food, I'm like the reckless son of James and Paula Dean. -Ben Grabow
gwilson
Captain Briner

Postby chefshawn » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:37 pm

so, gang, anything i need to do/know before leaving my house tomorrow? i wont see it again until well after i see you all next saturday. i WILL be taking a laptop with me, though, so i'll be checking in.

shawn
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby gwilson » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:33 am

I'm still trying to see who is interested in a food tour on Saturday. Anybody who is interested, call or pm me. It's going to be a small group, so there's plenty of room.

For those who will be in town next weekend, but not interested in the food tour, here are a few things going on:

Big Haynes Creek Wildlife Festival
5th Annual Miss Mary's Ice Cream Crankin'
6th Annual German Bierfest
Sweetwater Brewery Tours
Coca-Cola Film Festival at the Fox Theatre
The Taste of Chamblee
Atlanta Underground Film Festival
Summer Shade and Corks & Forks
India Film Festival at the High Museum
Summer Harvest Farmer's Market with Slow Food

-Greg
gwilson
Captain Briner

Postby DanC » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:44 am

fwiw, I just checked and there's nosebleed tickets available for both shows...

Hey Mr. Belden, are you going to be at the Meet-n-Greet?

see y'all Saturday!
DanC
Admiral Briner

Postby Sharona » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:03 am

Cr*p! I totally forgot I'd meant to sell the extra tickets that I got -- once hubby decided what show he wanted to attend with me.

Gwilson, I'm waffling on the tour ... not ignoring you on it. I want to hang out with friends I don't get to see very often, so it's more like "if they want to go, I'll go".

I was over around Jimmy Carter Blvd recently, so stopped by the huge International Farmer's Market there ... and found that it's sold?!?! The shopping center's being redone and there is now a huge Hong Kong Market in the same spot. Luckily, filling about the same function, too. It's much more grocery-store-ish now, cleaner and worlds easier to figure out and move around in.
Sharona
Captain Briner

Postby Norm357 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:56 pm

Is there going to be an after event get together? I can't afford the taping, but Sam and I would love to see y'all again.
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby Slamdunkpro » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:03 pm

Norm357 wrote:Is there going to be an after event get together? I can't afford the taping, but Sam and I would love to see y'all again.

We're game
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
There is no problem that can’t be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order
I've been kissed by Pixie!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby JJ » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Slamdunkpro wrote:
Norm357 wrote:Is there going to be an after event get together? I can't afford the taping, but Sam and I would love to see y'all again.

We're game

I'm in but I've got tickets to the meet n greet
JJ
Captain Briner

Postby gwilson » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Sharona wrote:I was over around Jimmy Carter Blvd recently, so stopped by the huge International Farmer's Market there ... and found that it's sold?!?! The shopping center's being redone and there is now a huge Hong Kong Market in the same spot. Luckily, filling about the same function, too. It's much more grocery-store-ish now, cleaner and worlds easier to figure out and move around in.

You mean the one on the East side of I-85? In the big strip mall? It's still a good market. But the food court! Awesome pho. Spicy crawfish by the pound. And almost everything is dirt cheap. There used to be a really really good Philipino stand there also, but they closed suddenly. When the Filipino stand was open, Hong Kong Market easily had the best food court in Atlanta - still in the running though.

And no worries about the tour. I'm still thinking about what to do and when to do it. I will probably go to the farmers' markets that morning, but I'm not sure if anybody else wants to start that early (8:00-ish). And you can always join us during the day. I may be doing something on Sunday if anybody is interested, also.

-Greg
gwilson
Captain Briner

Postby gwilson » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:15 am

9 Chefs, 9 Pigs

I didn't realize this event was this Sunday. If you're going to be in town, it's a great time. Maybe a bit expensive, but it's (mostly) for charity. Even if it wasn't, probably worth the price. Great beer, even better food. The description isn't that great, but basically what happens is that each chef gets to cook a heritage-breed suckling pig. You get to taste food and drink beer, and there's probably a judging panel that will determine a winner out of the chefs.

-Greg
gwilson
Captain Briner

Postby Rockford 10 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 am

Anything happening Friday night? I'll get in around 5:00.
Rockford 10
Captain Briner

Postby vickatina » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 am

I plan to arrive between 7-10pm Friday night.

Anything going on before the 2:00 taping? What about later?

I'm going to both tapings, but not the meet and greet.

Should we do a final role call of who will be where? Exchange cell #'s?
"I'm not a stalker, I'm an unpaid private investigator." ;)

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Well, we're living here in Allentown (actually, just a bit north)

Postby gwilson » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:43 pm

I will be going to a couple of local farmers' markets early Saturday morning (around 8:00 am). If anybody wants to join me for that (besides just buying produce, there are chef demos and stuff to eat), then pm me and we'll work out how to meet up.

Otherwise, I'm thinking about starting the tour at the Sheraton around 10:30. I think most people are staying there, but we can stop off and pick someone up if we have to. From there we'll drive around a bit and eat lunch, and be back in time to let people get to the 2:00 show. Then the rest of us will drive around a bit more and see stuff. We'll either come back early to let people have dinner on their own, or we can all eat together. Either way, we'll be back by 7:00 for the final show.

For people who haven't been on one of my tours, I don't really make stops at places where you *have* to spend money. It's markets, gourmet shops, things like that. (Obviously, eating lunch/dinner is an exception.) And I try to give a little running commentary while we're out and about, but it's sometimes hard to do that while driving (especially with Atlanta's traffic & drivers).

I should have sent a pm to everyone who I thought might be interested. And like I said, nothing is definite yet, and people are more than welcome to join us in the middle of stuff. Since the group has to be back by certain times, I'm not doing anything elaborate.

-Greg
gwilson
Captain Briner

Postby beldenmusic » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey Dan,

I think I'm going to be at the meet and greet, but I have to get some of my gear ready to load out so I might be there near the end, it just depends.

It looks like you have a pretty good crowd from this board coming to the show, that's awesome! It's going to be worth your while I can confidently say.

The band is starting 20 minutes early while people are grabbing their seats, we are playing a few cover songs from our pasts and I think you'll really enjoy it, so everyone try to get there early! Hope to see you there!

Patrick
beldenmusic
Master Chief Petty Officer Briner

Postby Rockford 10 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm Kathleen and I'll be at both shows on Saturday including the meet-n-greet. I'm staying at the Sheraton and planning on going on the foodie tour.

I don't think I'm going to rent a car, but I'm still not sure. I might.

PM cell numbers?
Rockford 10
Captain Briner

Postby DanC » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:53 pm

*wonders if he can trade AB meet-n-greet tickets for Belden Roadie tickets*

Hopefully us meet-n-greeters can join the after show briner-party-in-progress...

/still has no hotel room, but I have a ride!
DanC
Admiral Briner

Postby geimerst » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 pm

DanC wrote:*wonders if he can trade AB meet-n-greet tickets for Belden Roadie tickets*

Hopefully us meet-n-greeters can join the after show briner-party-in-progress...

/still has no hotel room, but I have a ride!

yes you do - Crash at my room.

JJ - you too.

No one is sleeping this weekend anyway...
geimerst

Postby chefshawn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:57 pm

we want pretzels!
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby hollyrose » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Can't believe this weekend is almost here! So excited. I’m getting in Friday late afternoon/early evening. Staying at the Sheraton. IF the airline is able to get me to ATL on time I should get to the hotel between 6-6:30. I’ll have a heavy day of travelling so I’m just planning on taking it easy Fri night. I’ll probably just have dinner at the hotel, so if anyone wants to meet at the restaurant/bar there that’s where I’ll be, for the early part of the evening at least.

Saturday I’m planning on going on Greg’s tour and have tix to the 7 p.m. show and meet & greet. Anyone have any idea what the format will be for the meet and greet? I assume since the new book hasn’t been published yet it won’t be like a formal book signing. I know they don't allow cameras in the theater, but do you think they'll be allowed at the meet & greet?
Heather

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. - Edward Abbey

Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter. - Yoda
hollyrose
Ensign Briner

Postby Slamdunkpro » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 pm

There is a Ted's Montana Grill in the Cumberland Mall, about 2 blocks from the Cobb center and within walking distance of the Sheraton Suites. While it's a chain, it has a very nice bar/lounge and would make a good meeting place. Anyone want to gather there at say 5pm on Saturday before the show for a tasty beverage?
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
There is no problem that can’t be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby vickatina » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:46 pm

^^^^^That sounds ok to me Mr. Slam!

I think I'll be able to be there.
"I'm not a stalker, I'm an unpaid private investigator." ;)

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Well, we're living here in Allentown (actually, just a bit north)

Postby Norm357 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Slamdunkpro wrote:There is a Ted's Montana Grill in the Cumberland Mall, about 2 blocks from the Cobb center and within walking distance of the Sheraton Suites. While it's a chain, it has a very nice bar/lounge and would make a good meeting place. Anyone want to gather there at say 5pm on Saturday before the show for a tasty beverage?

And the beginings of a plan are formed. Teds has great burgers!
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby Sharona » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 am

Ted's is nice. At 5pm on a Saturday you will probably want a reservation.
Portions for appetizers and sides are huge, good for passing around a table.

Husband and I are going to the 2pm show. I'm free to meet up for lunch earlier than that.

I'm selling the four extra tickets I have to the 7pm show:

Center Grand Tier (the $25 ones):
Seat location: section C-G.T., row C, seats 117-120
Total Charge: US $ 141.40

OUCH $25 each and another $10+ in "convenience fees" PER TICKET
Sharona
Captain Briner

Postby Peachtart » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am

Slamdunkpro wrote:There is a Ted's Montana Grill in the Cumberland Mall,.........at say 5pm on Saturday before the show for a tasty beverage?

It's a date !!!

-Peachtart
Work is my friend. Everything good I have in my life has come from work.

I subscribe to Pari's Pledge!
Peachtart
Ensign Briner

Re: GE 10th anniversary Show - possible Briner meet?

Postby mattscrivo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi All,

I have been a fan of AB for a very long time (I thought I was a HUGE fan until I started looking into it online. Wow there are some very dedicated fans out there!!!) I think that is very cool and I would love to meet some of you.

I live in Atlanta and I am going to the 7pm show and the meet and greet. I am actually attending alone since I was selfish and decided to by 1 $195 ticket instead of 4 $50 tickets. So, I would be very interested in meeting some other fans either before or after the show.

I have read through the posts but I could not figure out if an official meet-up is set up or even if there was a casual get together after the show.

Thanks all,

matt

P.S. I am sure there are other members from Atlanta but if you need suggestions for locations or a contact in Atlanta let me know.
mattscrivo
Seaman Recruit Briner

Re: GE 10th anniversary Show - possible Briner meet?

Postby Slamdunkpro » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:58 pm

mattscrivo wrote:Hi All,

I have been a fan of AB for a very long time (I thought I was a HUGE fan until I started looking into it online. Wow there are some very dedicated fans out there!!!) I think that is very cool and I would love to meet some of you.

I live in Atlanta and I am going to the 7pm show and the meet and greet. I am actually attending alone since I was selfish and decided to by 1 $195 ticket instead of 4 $50 tickets. So, I would be very interested in meeting some other fans either before or after the show.

I have read through the posts but I could not figure out if an official meet-up is set up or even if there was a casual get together after the show.

Thanks all,

matt

P.S. I am sure there are other members from Atlanta but if you need suggestions for locations or a contact in Atlanta let me know.

See the first post
No Clicky Blind Linky's!
Slamdunkpro
Fleet Admiral Briner

Re: GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

Postby mattscrivo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Cool, sorry I didn't see that, I skipped to the end. (I do the same with books:))

Thanks sounds like fun,

matt
mattscrivo
Seaman Recruit Briner

Re: GE 10th anniversary Show - Briner meet info

Postby geimerst » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Slamdunkpro wrote:There is a Ted's Montana Grill in the Cumberland Mall,.........at say 5pm on Saturday before the show for a tasty beverage?

Some of us might be there before 5... Just sayin'... :whistle:
geimerst

PreviousNext

Return to Posts We Don't Want To Forget