[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Great little scotch video

Great little scotch video

Open forum to be used for all liquid comestibles/drinks. Bring us your favorite cocktails, beers, cokes (whatever), waters, or even broths.

Great little scotch video

Postby todd » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:24 pm

I'll probably never have this opportunity. :(
http://www.chow.com/stories/11401
todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: Great little scotch video

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:05 pm

todd wrote:I'll probably never have this opportunity. :(
http://www.chow.com/stories/11401

Nice, thanks. Was that our very own James Norton? I am so jealous. My pocketbook (and wife) wouldn't let me spend 2k on a bottle, but a taste would be very nice indeed.
Not all those who wander are lost. -JRR Tolkien
Matt
Lieutenant Briner

Postby James Norton » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:34 pm

I'm on teh internets!!

No, that's not me. Although I do live in an area of West Seattle called Highland Park.

James,
Our whiskey made
here tastes of ass
James Norton
Commander Briner

Postby Matt » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:07 pm

James Norton wrote:I'm on teh internets!!

No, that's not me. Although I do live in an area of West Seattle called Highland Park.

James,
Our whiskey made
here tastes of ass

Well, dang. I thought I had me a scoop! I figured with the using the palette and all, it was a sure thing! :D

Didn't stop me from finishing the Caol Ila I had at the back of the pantry tonight. Which thankfully wasn't made anywhere near James.

-Matt
Not all those who wander are lost. -JRR Tolkien
Matt
Lieutenant Briner

Postby devaldez » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:15 pm

That ice and ginger ale stunt just about gave me a heart attack...

I haven't had HP 40, but I have had The Macallan 30 yr, which was like swallowing liquid smoke and chocolate...amazing and SMOOTH...

It will be a long time before I can spend upwards of $500 on a bottle, much less $2k...sigh
Officer of Shallow Thoughts, G.E.S. Chickeny Hands
"Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn." - AB2
I've been kissed by a Pixie!
devaldez
Admiral Briner

Postby Pixietoes » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Mongo gave me tastes of two scotch whiskeys a few weeks ago. I took only the tiniest taste of each, I think I'm STILL exhaling fumes from the stronger of the two. Holy cow.
“...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...” Marilyn Monroe
Pixietoes
Mom

Postby Chef Mongo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:06 pm

The one Pixie described as "lighter fluid" was my beloved Talisker. She didn't so much mind the Balvenie Portwood, which is more mellow but a bit too sweet for my palate. When I drink Scotch, I want SCOTCH.
"Anything that makes your mother cry is fun." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby TomD » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:02 pm

I've not tried Talisker. Yet.

I've had Glenlivet 12 yo, Balvenie Doublewood (15 I think), Famous Grouse, I learned to like Tomatin and Bowmore.
One of my college roommates tried some Glenfarclas 40 yo. He was duly impressed.
"Define Interesting"-Mal
"Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"-Wash

"Adam, the police officer said you need to drink more."-Jamie Hyneman to Adam Savage

"We can't stop here, this is bat country!"-Raoul Duke
TomD
Ensign Briner

Return to The Good Drinks Room