[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Dark rum cocktails request

Dark rum cocktails request

Open forum to be used for all liquid comestibles/drinks. Bring us your favorite cocktails, beers, cokes (whatever), waters, or even broths.

Dark rum cocktails request

Postby Jikuu » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 pm

After having made four loaves worth of AB's fruitcake from IJHFMF, I am in possession of half a bottle of dark rum. I am unfamiliar with how to use rum in cocktails, and after searching online, I kept finding these asinine drinks that throw in 8 ingredients and I swear no one's tasting all that. I'd like to know about REAL recipes that celebrate the flavors and are NOT about finding yourself suddenly face first on the floor. Anyone have anything?
Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. ~Leo Buscaglia
Jikuu
Senior Chief Petty Officer Briner

Re: Dark rum cocktails request

Postby stixx23 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:33 pm

for your next party: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45239
G.E.S. Chickeny Hands Classic Movie Archivist and Master of Minutiae.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

http://blog.ofrg.org/
stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Matt » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:01 pm

And there's always the classic dark and stormy: Good quality ginger beer and dark rum. Not much to it - pour a shot of the rum over ice and add ginger beer. Sometimes I mix in some lime juice too, but it's not necessary.
Not all those who wander are lost. -JRR Tolkien
Matt
Lieutenant Briner

Postby sadiedog » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:09 pm

^That sounds good Matt. I just might have to try it.
GES Chickeny Hands Resident Blond(e)/Dense Member
---------------
"When ordinary citizens understand they are being played for fools, they bristle." ~Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Postby Jikuu » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:22 am

Thanks for the suggestions!
Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. ~Leo Buscaglia
Jikuu
Senior Chief Petty Officer Briner

Postby Norm357 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:32 am

I part rum to 3 parts diet coke over ice.
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby grrlscout » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:39 pm

x2 on the Dark n Stormy. One of my faves. The sharper the ginger beer, the better.

Get Your Foodie Booty Here!
grrlscout
Rear Admiral (lower half) Briner

Postby tj » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 pm

Like I say, cranberry juice and a slice of lemon.

On the other hand you could make up a little Planter's Punch with strictly fresh juices and a generous dose of rum. It can be good if you stay away from the paper umbrella places.

Tried splashing the rum on ice cream or in your ham glaze?

Home made egg nog is not allowed. It tastes too good! You might want more.
tj
Admiral Briner

Return to The Good Drinks Room