[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Drinks on a play, Mixing

Drinks on a play, Mixing

Open forum to be used for all liquid comestibles/drinks. Bring us your favorite cocktails, beers, cokes (whatever), waters, or even broths.

Drinks on a play, Mixing

Postby jonerax » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:38 pm

I am having a bit of trouble, as I have no imagination what so ever with blending drinks other than using the right alcohol I wondered if anyone had any bright ideas how to make drinks for actors/actress's on stage, that look exactly like they are meant to, but obviously with out using the alcohol...
the drinks I have got to make are:

-Bacardi and coke
-Gin and Tonic
-Sherry
-Whisky
if anyone wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction I would be so grateful!
Thanks
jonerax

Re: Drinks on a play, Mixing

Postby sadiedog » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:05 pm

-Bacardi and coke - Wouldn't that just be Coke?
-Gin and Tonic - Sprite? 7-Up or Seltzer water?
-Sherry - Grape juice? Cranberry juice?
-Whisky - Flat ginger ale?

Actually, when I did my little bartending stint, these are some of the "tricks" I would give to those who didn't want to drink but didn't want to be hassled by others into getting "real" drinks.
GES Chickeny Hands Resident Blond(e)/Dense Member
---------------
"When ordinary citizens understand they are being played for fools, they bristle." ~Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Postby stixx23 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:29 am

when Tom Hanks was on the last Conan episode, he had a glass of cream soda that looked like scotch. It's all in how you sell it.
G.E.S. Chickeny Hands Classic Movie Archivist and Master of Minutiae.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

http://blog.ofrg.org/
stixx23
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:03 am

sadiedog wrote:-Bacardi and coke - Wouldn't that just be Coke?
-Gin and Tonic - Sprite? 7-Up or Seltzer water?
-Sherry - Grape juice? Cranberry juice?
-Whisky - Flat ginger ale?

Actually, when I did my little bartending stint, these are some of the "tricks" I would give to those who didn't want to drink but didn't want to be hassled by others into getting "real" drinks.

As an audience member, seems sherry migh want to be browner? What food coloring would one add to purple /red juice to make it browner or darker? Blue?
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby tj » Sat May 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Probably way too late for a reply to this, but anyway...

Use cold tea in varying strengths, diluted with water. Water for gin.

Sherry can be anything from straw colored to brown, I would probably use dark tea.

The decanters, ice, garnish and mixers add to the effect.
tj
Admiral Briner

Return to The Good Drinks Room