[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - USA Today's "Drunkest Cities" List

USA Today's "Drunkest Cities" List

Open forum to be used for all liquid comestibles/drinks. Bring us your favorite cocktails, beers, cokes (whatever), waters, or even broths.

USA Today's "Drunkest Cities" List

Postby Jules » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:58 pm

This sort of list seemed appropriate to be posted in the "Good Drinks" area. Admins can feel free to move it.

Article and *hic* entire list of 100 is *hic* here

"Fresno, Calif., tops Men's Health magazine's list of America's "drunkest" cities while Boston, home to the "Cheers" bar where everyone knows your name, was deemed the "least drunk," besting even Salt Lake City.
The magazine, which will publish the list of 100 major cities in i's(sic) March edition, drew upon such data as death rates from alcoholic liver disease, booze-fueled car crashes, frequency of binge-drinking in the past month, number of DUI arrests, and severity of DUI penalties."

I have a hard time believing that ANY place is dryer than Salt Lake City but, more so than that, Fresno is a "major" city?!????? :shock: :shock: :wink:
I'm impressed ... and happy. Not "surprised" ... but happy.
I AM Queen of the Jammed!
Jules
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: USA Today's "Drunkest Cities" List

Postby jackiecat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:08 pm

LOL! Grew up in the central valley. Learned to drink in Bakersfield (100 miles south of Fresno). Then I moved to Berkeley where we had other substances for altering our minds. :wink:
Cheryl

I've been kissed by Pixie AND hugged by Holly!

I'm not a great cook, but I'm a GREAT taster - Ina Garten
jackiecat
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Jules wrote:I have a hard time believing that ANY place is dryer than Salt Lake City ...

Me too!
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby todd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 am

The Boston grade AMAZES me! :shock:
todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:03 pm

carla wrote:
Jules wrote:I have a hard time believing that ANY place is dryer than Salt Lake City ...

Me too!

You would be amazed at what zealots do when no one is looking :wink: An old boss of mine was a convert from Mormanism, she grew up in a small town north of Phoenix that is all Mormon and her family (except her mom) were all practitioners. She was FULL of stories. :lol:

The southwest is a bit over-represented on that list. I don't know about the other cities but there isn't squat to do here except drink. It's too hot to go outside.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby rainmaker110 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Wow Three of newyork cities saying that they don't have dunks, that is somewhat surprising. :shock:
rainmaker110

Return to The Good Drinks Room