[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Jello Shots at Home

Jello Shots at Home

Open forum to be used for all liquid comestibles/drinks. Bring us your favorite cocktails, beers, cokes (whatever), waters, or even broths.

Jello Shots at Home

Postby gypsy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:30 pm

BASIC JELLO SHOTS

3 packages of Jello containing sugar
2 1/2 cups vodka
3 1/3 cups water

Bring the water to a boil and remove from heat. Slowly stir in the Jello until dissolved. Wait 3 minutes, then stir in the vodka.

Pour into individual shot-size cups and freeze.

LIME IN THE COCONUT JELLO SHOTS

1 package lemon Jello
2 packages lime Jello
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 can coconut milk or juice
2 cups coconut rum
2 1/4 cups water

Bring water to the boil and remove from heat. Slowly stir in the 3 Jello packages, then add the water, the coconut milk or juice, and the lime juice. You put the lime in the coconut and mix it all together.

Wait 3-4 minutes and stir in the rum. Pour into individual serving sized or plastic shot glasses and chill.

SOUR APPLE JELLO SHOTS

1 pkg Sour Apple Jello
1 pkg Knox Gelatin
1-2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cup Mountain Dew
2 cups vodka
3/4 cup Captain Morgan Coconut Rum
1 packet True Lemon (optional)

In a microwavable plastic container, mix together Jello, sugar, True Lemon and powdered gelatin well (while still in powdered stage).

Add Mountain Dew; stir well and microwave on high for 1 minute.

Stir well and let sit one minute, then stir in remaining ingredients. Ladle into 3 oz Dixie cups and freeze at least one hour.

JELLO SHOTS KENTUCKY STYLE

1 box Jello
water
Everclear

Dissolve Jello with boiling water. Add to Jello 2 to 3 double shots of Everclear; stir 60 seconds.

Pour into single serve cups and chill.
(Note: I have NO idea what "Everclear" is.....)

GREAT JELLO SHOTS

1 package jello (any flavor works)
1 cup vodka
1 cup boiling water
1 pack gummy bears

Dissolve 1 package Jello into the boiling water. Once dissolved and the cup of vodka. Pour into individual shot glasses, I prefer to use disposable Dixie bathroom cups they are perfect for large quantities of shots.

After pouring drop a gummy bear into each shot(mixing colors gives nice effect).

KAMIKAZE JELLO SHOTS (My favorite! I once won a T-shirt in a contest at a bar, for drinking the most Kamikazes.....but that was in another life......)

1 package lime Jello
1 package lemon Jello
1 1/2 c. vodka
1/2 c. triple sec
1 c. cold sweet and sour drink mix
1 c. cold water

Bring vodka and triple sec to boiling, stir in both Jello packages until dissolved. Add cold sweet and sour mix and cold water.

Pour into plastic shot glasses and chill.

Soft plastic glasses that will bend instead of break work best for this.

ANY FLAVOR JELLO SHOTS

3 ounce box Jell-O (any flavor)
1 cup boiling water
1 cup liquor of choice

Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Add liquor in place of cold water. Pour into small plastic cups. Place in refrigerator until set.

Some flavor combos:

cherry Jello and vodka
lemon Jello and gin (can use boiling 7-Up in place of water)
lime Jello and tequila
strawberry Jello and tequila (add a strawberry slice)
orange Jello and vodka
cranberry Jello and vodka
peach Jello and peach schnapps
watermelon Jello and vodka grape Jello and rum

JELLO SHOTS

1 large or 2 small boxes of Jello (any flavor)
coordinating alcohol flavor
boiling water

Follow directions on Jello package, substituting alcohol for cold water. Some suggestions for flavor combinations: raspberry Jello with Raspberry Pucker, pineapple Jello with Island Blue Pucker, orange Jello with Peach schnapps.

RASPBERRY JELLO SHOTS

1 lb. box raspberry Jello
2 c. boiling water
1 1/2 c. vodka
1/2 c. raspberry schnapps

Dissolve Jello with boiling water. Add Jello to vodka and schnapps; stir 60 seconds. Pour into souffle cups and chill.

FRUITY JELLO SHOTS

small pkg. orange jello
1 c. peach schnapps

Dissolve jello in 1 cup boiling water. Add schnapps and pour into paper cups. Chill until gelled.

Variations: Lime jello and gin, lemon jello and tequila.

PINA COLADA JELL-O SHOTS

1 box 6 oz size of pineapple jello
1 can coconut milk
coconut rum
cold water

Chill rum in freezer for 2 hours before making.
Dissolve the Jello according to box directions
Depending on how strong you want your shots follow these guidelines.

For mild shots add 1 cup cold rum, 3/4 cup cold water 1/4 cup coconut milk

**For stronger shots add 1 & 1/2 cups cold rum 1/4 cup cold water, and 1/4 cup coconut milk**

Mix with a spoon, then ladle into shot glasses of your choice. You can usually buy the smallest silo plastic cups and lids and use a turkey baster to transfer the liquid into the cups. Snap the caps on and put into refrigerator. If you want a fast set put them into the freezer for an hour. Or make ahead and freeze for a while and then bring out about an hour before the party.

You can also make Blue Hawaiian Jello shots doing this:

Small box / 3/4 cup of cold rum and 1/4 cup of Blue Curacao

Large box / 1 & 1/4 cup cold rum and 1/4 cup Blue Curacao

NON-ALCOHOLIC GELATIN SHOTS

1 pkg. (4 serving size) Jello brand gelatin, any flavor
1 c. boiling water
1 c. cold liquid (see variations below)

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold liquid. Pour into 12 (2 oz.) souffle cups. Chill until set, about 1 hour. Makes 12 servings.

CHERRY COLA SHOTS: Use cherry flavor gelatin and cola beverage.

CREAMY ORANGE SHOTS: Use orange flavor gelatin. Substitute 1 cup vanilla ice cream for cold liquid.

GINGERBERRY SHOTS: Use raspberry or strawberry flavor gelatin and ginger ale.

TANGY PEACH SHOTS: Use peach flavor gelatin. Substitute 1 (8 oz.) container peach or vanilla yogurt for cold liquid.

SUNSHINE SHOTS: Dissolve 1 package (4 serving size) orange flavor gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; add 1 cup cold sparkling water. Repeat with 1 package (4 serving size) strawberry flavor gelatin. Pour orange gelatin into 24 (2 oz.) souffle cups, filling each cup halfway. Chill until almost set, about 20 minutes. Pour strawberry gelatin over orange gelatin in cups. Chill until set, about 1 hour. Makes 24 servings.
Breast cancer is a disease, not a marketing opportunity.
----------------------------
That Obama sticker on your car might as well say, "Yes, I'm Stupid".
----------------------------
Mangia e statte zitte.
gypsy
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: Jello Shots at Home

Postby okbye » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:29 am

Everclear is some killer alcohol, it's 190 proof. I've seen someone pass out cold after 2 shots (and no other alcohol). It's illegal in a lot of places, that may be why you don't know it.

The first time my sister made jello shots for a party she didn't use any water. :shock: Those were some serious shots.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby carla » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:17 am

Are jello shots for people who shouldn't be doing them because they don't know what they're getting themselves into by consuming more alcohol than they would if they drank it?
Never ate/drank them myself...

Honest question.

(Yeah, it could be real dangerous for a consumer not to know what everclear is. I've never had it; couldn't choke it down, I'm sure.)
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby vpars » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:08 am

Sound disgusting to me! Maybe I'm too old :(
vpars

Return to The Good Drinks Room