[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - GMOs that can save us

GMOs that can save us

Want to talk politics? Find your threads here! (NOTE: If you started a politics thread in the general forum, it's probably here by now.)

Moderator: Chef Mongo

GMOs that can save us

Postby okbye » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:37 pm

What happened to the thread about GMOs? Anyway, I was just listening to Inside Science from BBC radio, Jan 9th broadcast, and they were talking about omega-3 fatty acids in fish. Most of the fish we eat are farm raised and farm raised fish need to be fed fish oil so that they contain the omega-3 fatty acids that we need, so we are raising fish just to feed the fish we are raising to eat. They have now come up with a strain of terrestrial plant by combining algae DNA (algae is the main natural source of omega-3 fatty acids) with false flax plants so the seeds of the plant are a significant source of omega-3 fatty acid rich oil. The plants grow quickly and with significantly less environmental impact than feeder fish and they will greatly streamline the farm-raised fish production. It will likely also reduce the amount of heavy metals in our food fish since it is grown on land. We have nearly depleted the oceans and any little bit that saves our ocean resources needs to pursued. This is why people cannot be allowed to be freaked out by the letters GMO. We need this, and things like Monsanto and Roundup are such a small part of it.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Re: GMOs that can save us

Postby ABwannabe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:17 pm

okbye wrote:What happened to the thread about GMOs?

It was a QoTD. See here
ABwannabe
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: GMOs that can save us

Postby okbye » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Ah, thanks. We never use that forum anymore, I didn't even think to look there.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Return to Poli-FRY