[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Iraq Civil War

Iraq Civil War

Want to talk politics? Find your threads here! (NOTE: If you started a politics thread in the general forum, it's probably here by now.)

Moderator: Chef Mongo

Iraq Civil War

Postby carla » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:19 am

It's been going on for a while. I've read in-depth articles that state, with good background and sources, that Iran was involved in picking Iraqi gov't. Just read a long article about Maliki.
Why did we bother -- all those lives for what looks to be nothing -- we can't fight other country's civil/religious wars.
I find nothing surprising in what is happening there.

If you're out of the loop, just google "news." Mosul & Tikrit have been taken, and more.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Re: Iraq Civil War

Postby todd » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:18 am

X2 :clap:
todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Norm357 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:03 pm

In my very humble opinion, we really do not need an Islamic super state who wants to blow us up. That is the goal of ISSI. To create a state made up of Iraq, Iran, and Syria. just food for thought.
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:32 pm

^ Norm, I agree. and it's ISIS, Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

And Iran is Shiite, (ISIS is Sunni) may be willing to work with Iraq and USA against the Iraqi Sunni opposition. Surprised? Seems some mainstream media news that summarizes some real and accurate (and indisputable) history may be in order.

I realize how complicated this is, but with no knowledge of the sectarian battles, one has no ground from which to view the entire regional situation. After researching Sunni v. Shiite, also research Iran's role in picking Iraq's government.
If you have time, go back decades to nation creation, of Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan .... I said it was complicated! And I know nothing, I've just read a few articles.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby carla » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:16 pm

I won't leave out my personal rant:
RELIGION IS SO DESTRUCTIVE.
Up with humanists.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby todd » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:41 pm

carla wrote:I won't leave out my personal rant:
RELIGION IS SO DESTRUCTIVE.
Up with humanists.

X10! :clap: :clap: :clap:
todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Hard to even imagine what is going on right now that is invisible to citizens. And don't forget the black budget!
I like to be somewhat informed, or even more important, know that I am not, in a historic/political sense. But then there's that whole other side...
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Return to Poli-FRY