[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - All phone lines full

All phone lines full

Want to talk politics? Find your threads here! (NOTE: If you started a politics thread in the general forum, it's probably here by now.)

Moderator: Chef Mongo

All phone lines full

Postby carla » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 pm

I cannot reach a national legislator. I'm also calling state offices of senators and assembly members. No luck today. I'll call lesser members tomorrow.
Maybe snail mail, as e-mail is too easy to disregard.

The ACLU said it has received more than 350,000 online donations totaling $24 million since Saturday morning. USA Today

After someone left a comment on an Instagram post by Penn saying that “he [doesn’t] belong in this country,” Penn, who was born to Indian parents in New Jersey, set up a fundraising page Saturday “donating to Syrian refugees in the name of the dude who said I don’t belong in America.” And then he tweeted out the link.
The hope was to raise at least $2,500. As of Monday afternoon, the page has accrued more than $650,000 in donations.
LA Times

$733,135 right now
https://www.crowdrise.com/donating-to-s ... er/kalpenn

I donated to this and IRAP:
The International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) organizes law students and lawyers to develop and enforce a set of legal and human rights for refugees and displaced persons. Mobilizing direct legal aid and systemic policy advocacy, IRAP serves the world’s most persecuted individuals and empowers the next generation of human rights leaders.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Re: All phone lines full

Postby carla » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:39 pm

So painful that immigration restriction was done on Holocaust Remembrance Day.

https://twitter.com/stl_manifest

Personal stories of Jewish refugees from Europe who were all aboard the M.S St. Louis ship, which was turned away by US.

The tweets refer to the German ship St. Louis. The St. Louis — carrying nearly 1,000 people, mostly Jewish refugees — attempted to land in Cuba and the United States in 1939, but were turned away. In the case of the U.S., the passengers weren't allowed in the country because they were added to a waiting list of refugees. The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum said 254 of them later died in the Holocaust.

I'm a Polish-Romanian Jew.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby okbye » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:07 am

Did you watch any of the UK parliament emergency session? They were not very pleased about the refugee ban. One MP made it clear how despicable she felt it was doing that on Holocaust remembrance day.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby carla » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:27 am

I reached a human! In Susan Collin's Maine office, to support her stand against Pruitt for EPA. Just making my way down the member list of Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.

Pruitt is like Puzder, except Puzder withdrew. Many if not most nominated cabinet members have fought the departments they are nominated to head. Bit of conflict there. Some have sued their intended departments multiple times, like Pruitt:
"He has been a party to at least eight federal lawsuits challenging the agency's authority to impose regulations on states and businesses, particularly the oil and gas industry and coal-fired power generation plants." http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/p ... 8ea9e.html

Not the right person to uphold "EPA's basic mission [is] to protect human health and the environment -- air, water, and land. EPA, state, local and tribal agencies work together to ensure compliance with environmental laws passed by Congress, state legislatures and tribal governments."

"Nearly 800 former Environmental Protection Agency officials urged the U.S. Senate to reject President Donald Trump's nominee to run the agency as the chamber moved closer on Thursday to approving his pick, Scott Pruitt, the attorney general of oil-producing Oklahoma. The 773 former officials signed a letter organized by the nonprofit group Environmental Integrity Project that said Pruitt's record and public statements suggest he does not agree with underlying principles of environmental laws." https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /21715903/

Price was and is a nightmare. DeVos too. Seems some can be stopped, as Puzder was. I won't, nay can't even address Sessions.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Return to Poli-FRY