[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

If you're new here, please stop in and read our policies, meet the admins and get comfortable.

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Postby The Admins » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:27 pm

Q. How do I post an Avatar?

Pictures must be hosted at a photo sharing/storage site, such as Photobucket. Your avatar does NOT have to be a picture of you. In fact, very few of our members use their pictures. Be sure that your picture is no bigger than 150 by 150 pixels. If you need help resizing your picture, contact Chef Mongo.

Q. How do I add pictures to my posts?

Pictures must be hosted at a photo sharing site. You may not hotlink directly to an image. Upload the desired picture to a site such as Photobucket or Picturetrail. Select the "IMG" tag and copy the path provided. Insert the copied path into the text of your message here. Click the "Preview" button below the message buffer to see if your picture has been inserted correctly before submitting your message.

Q. How to make a URL clicky?

Rather than using tinyurl or making posts with a link that's visible, you can make it part of your text:

My favorite website.

To do this, follow this example:

[url=x]text of your choice.[/url]
Insert the website address in place of "x".

Q. How do I search the GEFP?

If you click on "Search" in the links at the top of the page, you'll access the search engine, which will allow you to look for posts by a specific author or on a specific topic. Play with it and learn what you can find!

Q. What ARE the rules?

It's really very simple: Conduct yourself like a member of adult society. Don't harass, namecall, belittle or otherwise assault your fellow members. We DO have heated debates, and some extra latitude is granted in the Poli-FRY forum due to the nature of the posts, but by and large we strive for a tone of polite and reasoned discourse. Act like an ass, then ignore warnings concerning same, and you will soon find yourself on the outside looking in. In this history of this board, that has happened less than 10 times. You'll be hard-pressed to find another board of this size that can say that!

Q. Why do some people seem suspicious of/hostile toward questions asked by new members?

A. This board has been around for a long time, and we've seen quite a few oddballs, stalkers and just general troublemakers come in and do a lot of damage in a short span. Your best bet is NOT to make your very first post a probing question about Alton Brown, production info on the show or other "behind the scenes" info. Introduce yourself, let us get to know you a little bit, and you'll have carte blanche to ask just about anything.

Q. A lot of message boards seem dominated by cliques. Will I find those here?

A. While there ARE groups of users who more or less hang together and watch each others' backs, we have an alert and active admin staff that does its level best to ensure that no group begins hounding other users or harassing anyone. This is a family, and while we will have our squabbles, we almost always resolve them peacefully.

Q. Is there anything that will get me banned?

If you are a spammer who has managed to get past our screening process, you can expect a swift and merciless banning. Beyond that, there is a process in place whereby those in danger of being banned will be warned first, then given a "time out," then banned if they insist on continuing to cause trouble. We avoid arbitrary or abrupt banning like the plague, and no one admin will ever ban a user without first discussing the matter with the other admins. See the announcement thread "How to Get Banned" for more details.
The Admins
Seaman Briner

Return to Welcome To The GEFP!