[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - TAKE A STAND: Round 3 - Meat Chili

TAKE A STAND: Round 3 - Meat Chili

If you're new here, please stop in and read our policies, meet the admins and get comfortable.

Meat Chili: Beans, or no Beans

No Beans in Chili!
19%
Chili MUST have Beans!
28%
Chili Can have Beans.
28%
I go both ways.
26%

Total votes : 54

Re: TAKE A STAND: Round 3 - Meat Chili

Postby n8urebabe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:49 pm

When I make chili, I put beans in it. If the chili doesn't have beans in it, it is a condiment, probably being used for chili dogs.
Dawn
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Harriet Van Horne

The act of giving is more important than the merit of the receiver.

Luke: I'll bring back brownies.
Lorelai: Ooh, the pouting has left the building.

n8urebabe
Admiral Briner

Postby lunanoir » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:32 pm

eye4got wrote:I can't help but wonder what these cornbread/chili "purists" like on their pizzas.

Or on their hotdogs!
lunanoir
Admiral Briner

Postby chefshawn » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:21 pm

best...thread...series...ever...

you're welcome
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby DitsyD » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm

lunanoir wrote:
eye4got wrote:I can't help but wonder what these cornbread/chili "purists" like on their pizzas.

Or on their hotdogs!

With pizza, I prefer the no more than 3 ingredient rule: some tomato, some fresh mozzarella cheese, and some mushrooms.
Hot dog: beef dog or sausage, mustard, relish.
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means." ~Albert Einstein
"Life is too short to make crust for uncertain pies."~Wendy McClure
If looks could kill, women wouldn't need frying pans.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.
DitsyD
Admiral Briner

Postby chefshawn » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:10 pm

calm down, there, folks. we're not there yet.

chili. beans. discuss
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby Grovite » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:11 am

chefshawn wrote:calm down, there, folks. we're not there yet.

chili. beans. discuss

Waiting for pizza and hot dog threads...
Rock & Roll is like Mexican food. As it improves in quality, it stops being what it is.
Grovite
Red-Headed Stepchild

Postby ItsNotBurned » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi, my name is Chad, I'm from Texas, born and raised, and I like beans in my chili.

Black, Pinto, Kidney, I've even put a can of Ranch style in it before. I've made it with ground beef, sirloin, chuck, round steak, hell I even made turkey chili once. I've used fresh, dried, pickeled, ground, smoked and grilled peppers. I've used fresh, sundried and canned tomatoes. I've made it with beer, wine, stock, broth, and water. I've used ancho, pasilla, habenero, jalapeno, anaheim, poblano, chipotle, serrano, cayenne, cascabel, and always bell peppers in my chili. I like Texas sweet onions cooked in and freshly chopped on top. I use fresh ground cumin, lots of garlic, mexican oregano and chili powder. I like fresh chopped cilantro and a little sharp cheddar on top. I've had it with hominy, rice, crackers and cornbread but it's best leftover on top of scrambled eggs in the morning after a rough Friday night. I love it. Dang now I'm hungry...
It's Blackened!
www.howtoroastapig.net
ItsNotBurned
Senior Chief Petty Officer Briner

Postby Bubbles_Meg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:42 pm

I don't like beans in my chili....but that has more to do with not liking beans (esp. kidney beans - blech!) very much and not with any belief that they don't belong there. That said, I adore Texas chili. :D
Bubbles_Meg
Ensign Briner

Previous

Return to Welcome To The GEFP!