[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - TAKE A STAND: Round 11 - Clam Chowder

TAKE A STAND: Round 11 - Clam Chowder

If you're new here, please stop in and read our policies, meet the admins and get comfortable.

How do you take your Clam Chowdah?

New England
81%
Manhattan
6%
Um, ewww...
13%

Total votes : 31

TAKE A STAND: Round 11 - Clam Chowder

Postby chefshawn » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:28 am

I have no idea where the thought of this one came from. I suppose I was just thinking of 50/50 choices in foodie land.

So, which is it? The red, or the white?
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Re: TAKE A STAND: Round 11 - Clam Chowder

Postby n8urebabe » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:46 am

I don't think I've ever had Manhattan clam chowder. I'd never even heard of it until I was an adult. :lol:
Dawn
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Harriet Van Horne

The act of giving is more important than the merit of the receiver.

Luke: I'll bring back brownies.
Lorelai: Ooh, the pouting has left the building.

n8urebabe
Admiral Briner

Postby Butterbean » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:43 am

New England is clam chowder to me. Manhattan is good, but it's not chowder. I've always wanted to try AB's "compromise", too.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Kinsley » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:02 am

Butterbean wrote:New England is clam chowder to me.
Manhattan is good, but it's not chowder.

I like both, but Buerre is really correct.
Chowder is a thickened white soup.
"Manhattan" is clam vegetable soup.

The Artist formerly known as BigCrab

"They were so preoccupied with what they could do, that they didn't
think about whether they should.''
- Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park .

"You can't always get what you want; but if you try sometimes,
you just might find, you get what you need."
- Mick
Kinsley
Kindly Old Uncle

Postby sadiedog » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:11 pm

I've only ever had New England Clam Chowder, so that's what I chose. Do they even serve the Manhattan style anywhere outside the East Coast? The only clam chowder I've ever seen anywhere in the States has been the New England type.
GES Chickeny Hands Resident Blond(e)/Dense Member
---------------
"When ordinary citizens understand they are being played for fools, they bristle." ~Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Postby sockpuppet » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Personally I prefer New England. However around my town they seem to only like: Minorcan Clam Chowder
Beware the Sock!
sockpuppet
Rear Admiral (upper half) Briner

Return to Welcome To The GEFP!