[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Didn't get email for password reset

Didn't get email for password reset

If you're new here, please stop in and read our policies, meet the admins and get comfortable.

Didn't get email for password reset

Postby godboko71 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:00 am

This might not be the place, so move if needed. Anyway I didn't get an email when I tried to reset my password. Yes I checked my spam folder. Luckly with some thought I figured it out.
Thank you,
Robert Town Jr.
godboko71
First Class Petty Officer Briner

Re: Didn't get email for password reset

Postby godboko71 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 am

On an unrelated note I wish we had fast reply.
Thank you,
Robert Town Jr.
godboko71

Postby okbye » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:15 am

What did you figure out? The board hasn't sent out emails for awhile, it's broken.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby n8urebabe » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 pm

I'm guessing that he figured out his password. :lol:
Dawn
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Harriet Van Horne

The act of giving is more important than the merit of the receiver.

Luke: I'll bring back brownies.
Lorelai: Ooh, the pouting has left the building.

n8urebabe
Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:34 pm

The account should have been stuck in limbo without an email going out to click on, but it wasn't on the pending list where I expected to see it. The only thing I could think of is it might just forget you tried to reset the password if you went back to the old one, not sure if it does or not though. That's why I was wondering what he figured out.
If you try to change your email address the same thing happens, it is supposed to send out a confirmation email but with no notifications going out your account is put on hold in the "inactive" file. So if you want to change your email or password make sure someone is online who can approve it for you manually or you'll get stuck. I think someone who can do that for you is almost always on FB (sorry Carla, you're screwed :P ).
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby carla » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:35 pm

okbye wrote:The account should have been stuck in limbo without an email going out to click on, but it wasn't on the pending list where I expected to see it. The only thing I could think of is it might just forget you tried to reset the password if you went back to the old one, not sure if it does or not though. That's why I was wondering what he figured out.
If you try to change your email address the same thing happens, it is supposed to send out a confirmation email but with no notifications going out your account is put on hold in the "inactive" file. So if you want to change your email or password make sure someone is online who can approve it for you manually or you'll get stuck. I think someone who can do that for you is almost always on FB (sorry Carla, you're screwed :P ).

Oh, bugger off! :lol:
Yay, the board has a mod! Thanks okbye!
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby godboko71 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:10 am

I just remembered my password, yes it's odd it let me. It's not how phpbb normally works. If you need free SMTP hosting please let me know. Functioning email for forum is useful :)
Thank you,
Robert Town Jr.
godboko71

Return to Welcome To The GEFP!