[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Popover Pan used by Alton Brown in Popover Sometime

Popover Pan used by Alton Brown in Popover Sometime

Here you'll find tutorials, how-to's, gear discussions and everything you need to make your kitchen a well-oiled machine.

Moderators: Grovite, Slamdunkpro

Popover Pan used by Alton Brown in Popover Sometime

Postby ericgorr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:10 pm

I was just wondering if anyone knew which exact popover pan Alton Brown used in the episode "Popover Sometime" (which is one of the few currently streaming on Netflix). Thank you.
ericgorr
Seaman Recruit Briner

Re: Popover Pan used by Alton Brown in Popover Sometime

Postby Steve G » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:01 am

Steve G
Lieutenant Commander Briner

Postby ericgorr » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:49 pm

I agree it is similar, but the one you pointed to is non-stick and Alton Brown specifically mentioned in the episode that he was avoiding non-stick in this case. I am having some trouble locating a regular pan.
ericgorr
Seaman Recruit Briner

Postby okbye » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:27 am

If you can't find one that's not non-stick you can rough up the surface.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby Steve G » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:39 pm

This arrived in my FaceBook feed today:

The Noble Pig: The Best Classic Popovers with Tips and Tricks

They recommend the Chicago Metallic pan as well.
(Chicago Metallic is the preferred choice by bakers who understand quality, design and durability.
Chicago metallic never disappoints: non-stick, easy release with every recipe, effortless clean-up
and consistency that defines a new meaning to perfection every time.
)

Here is the GE popover segment.

Good luck finding the pan you're looking for.
Steve G
Lieutenant Commander Briner

Return to GEFP College Of Knowledge