[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Strawberry cake - cake doctor style

Strawberry cake - cake doctor style

Swap Recipes

Strawberry cake - cake doctor style

Postby Myrealana » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:22 pm

I finally made a really good Strawberry cake for Jon. Unfortunately, it was two weeks after his birthday before he actually got it.

This recipe has been attributed to various people, so I'm not sure where it originated.

1 16 oz tub frozen sliced strawberries in syrup - Divided
1 box white cake mix
1 3oz box strawberry flavored Jell-O
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
2 tablespoons milk

Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease and flour two 8" round cake pans.

Puree the strawberries in the blender

In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, Jell-O, eggs, oil, water and 2/3 of the pureed strawberries. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
Divide evenly into the cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Remove cakes and cool completely before frosting.

Frosting:
In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.

Divide in frosting half. Stir the remaining strawberries into half of the frosting.

To finish the cake, divide each cake into even layers for four total layers. Fill with the strawberry frosting between each layer. Cover with the remaining white frosting.
GONE, BABY, GONE.
Myrealana
Fleet Admiral Briner

Re: Strawberry cake - cake doctor style

Postby Choleigh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Made this last night and it is fabulous! Boyfriend was really excited and declared this the cake he wants on his birthday for the rest of his life! Lol
"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." - Julia Child

De gustibus non est disputandum - There is no accounting for taste
Choleigh
Senior Chief Petty Officer Briner

Postby Choleigh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Have made this for several birthday's always a favorite in our house!
"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." - Julia Child

De gustibus non est disputandum - There is no accounting for taste
Choleigh
Senior Chief Petty Officer Briner

Postby ghenne » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Sounds great! I may have to give this a try! Thanks!
"My religion is kindness." ~Dalai Lama ~
ghenne
Admiral Briner

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:36 pm

A made from scratch strawberry cake was featured in the most recent Cooks Country magazine. I'm thinking about making it for my mom's 80th birthday in August. I just can't make cake mix cakes and was excited to see this made from scratch one!
"USE BUTTER" Nana
In Heaven 8/22/2008

I used to be calm, fun and nice. Now, I can't get enough wine.

http://https://www.facebook.com/sucrebaker
Diane
Vice Admiral Briner

Return to Recipe Swap