[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Grilling corn on the cob

Grilling corn on the cob

Swap Recipes

Grilling corn on the cob

Postby IttyBittyOlive » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:24 am

My husband wants to do some corn on the cob on the grill. How do y'all do yours? Thanks :D
IttyBittyOlive
First Class Petty Officer Briner

Postby Myrealana » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Since we got the new grill that has an actual functional side burner, I have done the following:

Boil salted water on the side burner - just enough to cover the ears.
Boil the ears for 5-6 minutes.
Remove from the water and place on the hot grill, turning quickly, just long enough to get a little color.
GONE, BABY, GONE.
Myrealana
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby IttyBittyOlive » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks! That sounds like just the sort of thing my husband can manage! :D
IttyBittyOlive

Postby aslansavz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:16 am

We did ours in the husk right on the grate.
Darcy

Why yes, I do blog!
Digitize your handwriting
I like science when it's dangerous and potentially deadly - AB
aslansavz
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Parrothead » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 am

Soak corn in husks in cold water for 30 minutes.

Grill over medium heat turning frequently until husks are slightly charred. Works great.

Boiled corn = not good eats.
"If our lives were that simple we'd live in the past..."
Parrothead
Admiral Briner

Postby IttyBittyOlive » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks again, everyone!
IttyBittyOlive

Re: Grilling corn on the cob

Postby MeatMan19 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:18 pm

I like to peel the corn first and "half-wrap" it in tin foil so that half the corn is covered and half is exposed. Spray or oil the foil first. I put it right on the grill foil side down. After about 2 minutes i rotate the corn so the othher side is exposed. Let it go until its just the way you like it. This way you still get the girlled flavor without blackened colonels.

Another way I like to do it is...

-Set your oven to 350 F

-Toss your ears (of corn) in melted salted butter and lemon pepper. Dont be afraid to go to town on the butter.

-Put each ear in its own brown paper bag.

-Lay them out on a sheet tray and pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes.

-If they start to pop, which they shouldn't, you know too much air is getting in the bag.

This way you have steamed corn that already has all the flavors you want. Let me know how it works out.
MeatMan19
Seaman Briner

Return to Recipe Swap