[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Terriyaki Sweet Potatoes

Terriyaki Sweet Potatoes

Swap Recipes

Terriyaki Sweet Potatoes

Postby aslansavz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:02 pm

I'm always trying to find some way to serve sweet potatoes instead of just baked or steamed that doesn't involved massive amounts of sugar, and found a great recipe for it at the Budget Bytes Blog. They are delicious!

INGREDIENTS
1.5 lbs. sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 oz. sesame seeds

STEP 1: Wash, peel and cube your sweet potatoes. You WILL need a sharp peeler for these, sweet potatoes are hard. I bought a new one today just for this project because my other one was dull and difficult. A new (and very sharp peeler) cost me $2.97. Not too bad.

STEP 2: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray and put all of your sweet potato chunks in it. In a separate bowl, mix the sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, and soy sauce together until as much as the sugar is dissolved as possible.

STEP 3: Pour the sauce over the sweet potato chunks and stir to coat all sides. Cover the dish with foil (or a cover if it has one) and place in the oven for 20 minutes.

STEP 4: After 20 minutes, stir the mixture and place back in the oven without a cover. Stir every ten minutes after this point, cooking for 30 minutes more total. I added the sesame seeds at the last stir (with ten minutes left to cook).
Darcy

Why yes, I do blog!
Digitize your handwriting
I like science when it's dangerous and potentially deadly - AB
aslansavz
Vice Admiral Briner

Return to Recipe Swap