[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Sausage Cheese Balls

Sausage Cheese Balls

Swap Recipes

Sausage Cheese Balls

Postby mhalbrook » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Got a request for these. I think I posted it in a cookoff thread awhile back, but probably deserves it's own topic :) It's probably the most popular item I've done in catering for people at church.
[B}Modified Original[/b]
1.5 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1 pound bulk pork sausage
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
Barbecue sauce or chili sauce, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x2x1 inch.
2. Stir together all ingredients, using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping.

For thanksgiving, I usually use Smoked Gouda instead of Cheddar, this year, since funds are tight I'll be using some smoked gouda and either a mild cheddar or mozzarella, as both should bow to the power of the gouda well, and cost a lot less.
Variations I've tried:
=Italian Sausage (I use sweet, but I'm sure hot will be just as good if you like it) and use a "Pizza Blend" the one I use is a Cheddar, Provolone, Mozzarella blend.
=Chorizio and mexican blend cheese, double the bisquick (the other sausages are muted too much by the full 3 cups the actual recipie calls for, the chorizio benefits from it because of the grease and potency of the flavors). These were pretty greasy, I'm thinking about blending half chorizo with plain ground pork and see if that does anything for the greasyness. Taste wise they were well recieved tho.
mhalbrook
Vice Admiral Briner

Return to Recipe Swap