[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Apple Bundt cake

Apple Bundt cake

Swap Recipes

Apple Bundt cake

Postby Choleigh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 pm

I was on here a long while ago and found a recipe for Apple Bundt cake by Maida Heatter. Does anyone still have that recipe? My whole family loves it and I have misplaced the note card with the recipe.
"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." - Julia Child

De gustibus non est disputandum - There is no accounting for taste
Choleigh
Senior Chief Petty Officer Briner

Re: Apple Bundt cake

Postby Kiddo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:43 pm

I pretty sure that recipe was removed when Susan "took her ball and went home"!

Peace,
Kiddo
Don't make me call the flying monkeys!
Kiddo
Ensign Briner

Postby ghenne » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:52 pm

I did a web search and don't see any Maida recipes for it.

Are you sure the name was Apple Bundt Cake??
"My religion is kindness." ~Dalai Lama ~
ghenne
Admiral Briner

Postby Choleigh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Kiddo wrote:I pretty sure that recipe was removed when Susan "took her ball and went home"!

Peace,
Kiddo

gotcha, that stinks. :(
"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." - Julia Child

Choleigh

Postby Choleigh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:33 pm

ghenne wrote:I did a web search and don't see any Maida recipes for it.

Are you sure the name was Apple Bundt Cake??

That was the title of it on the thread, who knows if that was the real name or not. I'm currently scouring my shelf of cookbooks and loose recipes to see if I can find it. Wish me luck.

Choleigh

Postby Butterbean » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 am

I've had this recipe for Jewish Apple Cake for many years. It's delicious, but no idea if it's close the Maida Heatter's.

Jewish Apple Cake

3 cups all-purpose flour
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 apples - peeled, cored and sliced very thin, skins on
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch bundt pan.
Sprinkle sliced apples with 5 tablespoons white sugar and the ground cinnamon. Toss to coat and set aside.
Mix the flour, eggs, 2 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, orange juice and vanilla until well blended. Batter will be fairly stiff.
Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Place the apple mixture over the batter then pour the remaining batter over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 to 80 minutes. Let cake cool in pan.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Choleigh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:03 pm

looks very similar... I will try it out. Thanks!

Choleigh

Return to Recipe Swap