[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Quizzy's Powdered Hot Cocoa Mix

Quizzy's Powdered Hot Cocoa Mix

Swap Recipes

Quizzy's Powdered Hot Cocoa Mix

Postby Quizmistress » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:36 pm

This is a dry, powder mixture. It'll keep for 6 months tops-then the powdered milk tends to go 'off'.
You'll need a VERY large mixing vessel for this.

7 1/2c. powdered milk
10.9 oz container of Nestle Quik-chocolate flavor-I use regular - never tried sugar-free.
1c. plain powdered coffee creamer
1/2c. sugar
1/2c. baking cocoa - I would suggest mixing this well with the sugar before adding to milk powder, or you'll have lumps of cocoa powder
1/2 t. salt
pinch or 2 of ground cayenne pepper

Mix ingredients well by hand & store in a tight-sealing container.
Then go blow your nose. Trust me on this.

Serving:
Fill a mug, cup, bathtub, whatever 1/4 full with the dry mix & add boiling water.
Add/subtract the amount of mixture you use to your personal taste.
Since this is homemade, you will need to give it a stir before each sip. ENJOY!

Serving options:
To add a minty flavor
~ 2-4 Peppermint Altoids or a T. of crushed peppermint candy cane
~splash of Cream de minthe, spearmint or peppermint schnapps
For a lovely warm-up, add a splash of Ameretto for an Ameretto Kissed Cocoa
Image Image
Quizmistress
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Hopefully where I need to be when I need to be there

Return to Recipe Swap