[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Short ribs

Short ribs

Swap Recipes

Short ribs

Postby BikerBobo1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:30 am

Ok, so, I made the Mrs. a promise that I’d make a nice meal every other Monday.
(Just her, I and the kats so we do the leftover gig)
Last week I was in a panic. I was making Jason Paskewitz’s ( a real cool, educated, aggressive and fun, fun dude and chef of chefs. Tell him Bobo says hello if you know him) short rib recipe (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/brai ... index.html)and I got home late. I was forced to pull out the pressure cooker to make sure I got things done on time for my baby.
Well, thanks to Lorna Sass too, who I might add, is a wonderful lady, brilliant and aggressive with the pressure cooker and the goddess of guidance to the pressure cooker, gave me strength made me fearless to whip this bad a** 24 inch tall gizmo out just to make sure I had my 4.5 pounds of short ribs meal prepared on time. (Shawn, I feel your pain for speed here)
It was the most fun I had in 2 hours! I fried 3 pounds of bacon just for the potatoes and whatever else may need bacon…..(later boys….)but the recipe was the ultimate BOMB!
No onions, carrots, celery……WTF?????
Garlic and wine. I thought this was gonna cut into my evening activities for sure!
Nope,……other then having to sear the meat for about 40 minutes and getting the mop out to clean up the splatter off the floor before the cats got there (I’m a guy, I’m messy…gimmie a break, but I do clean up after myself)….all went well.
Short ribs with red wine/beef stock reduction, oven baked potatoes with thick cut smoked bacon crumbles and shredded cheddar cheese, a glass of red whine and we couldn’t stop eating!

This pressure cooker thing is the bomb.

Next week……chicken and dump links……
I want to retire early enough to work on my own crap.
I want to live long enough to get to ride it.
bobo Bolinski
BikerBobo1
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: Short ribs

Postby Charlene » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Sounds good! I'm gonna have to try it! thanks for posting this!

Charlene
~lifedramatic~

"An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and brings the tartar sauce."
~Zig Ziglar
Charlene
Vice Admiral Briner

Return to Recipe Swap