[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Pouch cooking variations? recipes?

Pouch cooking variations? recipes?

Swap Recipes

Have you experimented with pouch cooking?

YES
33%
NO
67%

Total votes : 9

Pouch cooking variations? recipes?

Postby Lotharjade » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:30 am

Has anyone played around with the pouch style of cooking that alton showed on the pouch principle? This isn't to discuss the show, but have people provide various recipies that weren't shown on the show. :D

Ive been tempted to try, but have been nervous of having a disaster. I wonder if MIfun Rice sticks could be used? Hmmm. :think:
Lotharjade

pouch principal

Postby Lotharjade » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:16 am

No one has played around with pouch cooking??? :cry:
Lotharjade

Postby jersully » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:08 am

Not I. But to be honest, this section doesn't get the attention GEGC does. Surely somebody here has pouch cooked...
-Jeremy

I /may/ have a point.
jersully
Commander Briner

Postby lunanoir » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:08 am

The only thing I cook in a pouch, ever, is salmon. With butter, garlic, lemon, and a little white wine, but I don't ever do a veggie or starches in there.

- jen
lunanoir
Admiral Briner

Postby lonesouth » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:17 am

yes, I dragged this post up from 5 years ago.

I tried the pouch thing last night with the following ingredients:

salmon over carrots, broccoli, asparagus, orange bell pepper, lemon, cilantro, salt, pepper and garlic. Crimp all that in a pouch of parchment paper, microwave on high for 7 minutes.

This was a meal for 2. It definitely tastes very salmon-y. Be sure to go light on the lemon as it becomes very pronounced. I'm keen to find more recipes to try out. The veggies came out great and the salmon was cooked to perfect tenderness.
lonesouth
Seaman Recruit Briner

Postby mhalbrook » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:56 pm

When we were doing this in school, the instructor did it using foil, and tossing it in the fryer :)
mhalbrook
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: Pouch cooking variations? recipes?

Postby Myrealana » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:05 pm

I went through a pouch phase a while back. My favorite recipes were all fish-based. I had a hard time getting other proteins cooked appropriately.
GONE, BABY, GONE.
Myrealana
Fleet Admiral Briner

Re: Pouch cooking variations? recipes?

Postby frodo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 pm

I've tried the snapper pouch recipe from the show. I love it. Although I do believe that you can substituted olive oil for the butter.

I've also used fillets instead of the whole snapper. It worked fairly well with just changing out the whole fish for fillets without changing anything else.

I would highly recommend using this as the centerpiece for a dinner party (with appropriate testing first) or a delicious way to incorporate seafood to a week night meal

Frodo
frodo
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Briner

Re:

Postby Norm357 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:01 am

lunanoir wrote:The only thing I cook in a pouch, ever, is salmon. With butter, garlic, lemon, and a little white wine, but I don't ever do a veggie or starches in there.

- jen

Same here except I add a little dill.
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Return to Recipe Swap