[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Cookoff #149 - Cool Whip (whipped topping)

Cookoff #149 - Cool Whip (whipped topping)

Cookoff archives

Postby smoonshine5 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Susan wrote:Absolutely L, you can substitute sweetened whipped cream in any of these recipes. It just might won't have the same shelf life.
Susan

I would think, also, that working with cool whip would be easier since it has all the chemical stabilizers where real whipped cream might collapse easier... just a hunch - though, I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to sub real for cool for my own plate :)
"Life is an aimless drive that you take alone... might as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home" Bloodhound Gang
ImageImageImage
smoonshine5
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Briner

Postby ghenne » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:05 am

Susan wrote: Absolutely L, you can substitute sweetened whipped cream in any of these recipes. It just might won't have the same shelf life.
Susan

I would not substitute whipped cream in my recipe. I really don't think it would have the same consistency or taste.
"My religion is kindness." ~Dalai Lama ~
ghenne
Admiral Briner

Previous

Return to Cookoffs