[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Cookoff 2.0 #46 Eggs

Cookoff 2.0 #46 Eggs

Cookoff archives

Cookoff 2.0 #46 Eggs

Postby Charlene » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:02 am

Cookoff 2.0 #1 - Heat Infusion - Parrothead
Cookoff 2.0 #2 - Tomatoes - Unknown Foodie
Cookoff 2.0 #3 - Butternut Squash - Jackiecat
Cookoff 2.0 #4 - Fennel - Nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #5 - Grains of Paradise - PattyE
Cookoff 2.0 #6 - Eggplant - Geimerst
Cookoff 2.0 #7 - Soup - Pixie
Cookoff 2.0 #8 - Ribs - Dan
Cookoff 2.0 #9 - Citrus fruit - Moonablaze
Cookoff 2.0 #10 - Clams - Thierry
Cookoff 2.0 #11 - Ground Beef - Parrothead
Cookoff 2.0 #12 - Olives - Grovite
Cookoff 2.0 #13 - Slaw - Nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #14 - Peppercorns - Grovite
Cookoff 2.0 #15 - Yogurt - Eye4got
Cookoff 2.0 #16 - Summer Squash - Nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #17 - Collards - ajkdvm
Cookoff 2.0 #18 - Lemongrass - Fleur
Cookoff 2.0 #19 - Summer herbs: basil/parsley/oregano/etc. - ajkdvm
Cookoff 2.0 #20 - Tapas and party bites - lunanoir
Cookoff 2.0 #21 - Fall Squash - ajkdvm
Cookoff 2.0 #22 - Cauliflower- altonfaninmd
Cookoff 2.0 #23 - Holiday Cookies - ghenne
Cookoff 2.0 #24 - Pressure Cooker - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #25 - Hot'n Spicy - Slamdunkpro
Cookoff 2.0 #26 - Soy Sauce - Eye4got
Cookoff 2.0 #27 - Peanut Butter - kimberlyjoy
Cookoff 2.0 #28 - Salmon - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #29 - Breakfast - DanC
Cookoff 2.0 #30 - Tortillas - Grovite
Cookoff 2.0 #31 - Foil Grill Packets - DitsyD
Cookoff 2.0 #32 - Rice - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #33 - Wild Game - haleoalau
Cookoff 2.0 #34 - Sugar-Free Desserts - nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #35 - Potatoes - Kinsley
Cookoff 2.0 #36 - Egg Nog - Eye4got
Cookoff 2.0 #37 - Spices - Okbye
Cookoff 2.0 #38 - Grains - nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #39 - Cucumbers - Pam T
Cookoff 2.0 #40 - Asparagus - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #41 - Fresh Fruit - Okbye
Cookoff 2.0 #42 - Coconut - ghenne
Cookoff 2.0 #43 - Cabbage - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #44 - Mushrooms - thatchairlady
Cookoff 2.0 #45 - Pork Tenderloin - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #46 - Eggs

How about Eggs. We don't have a lot of participation in these threads anymore, and that's too bad. Most people eat eggs though... What say you, how do you like your eggs?

Char
~lifedramatic~

"An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and brings the tartar sauce."
~Zig Ziglar
Charlene
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: Cookoff 2.0 #46 Eggs

Postby carla » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:55 am

Not in the running, just wanted to share a good Bittman recipe.
(It's not for those who dislike or detest soft yolks. I wonder about a nest of leftover pasta that would stay somewhat soft with a lot of olive oil. I mention this because of the thrill I got when Mario made fried eggs with liquid yolks & served them atop pasta, something I'd done because it was so irresistible, easy & tasty. I cook the eggs in LOTS of butter & olive oil, so it sauces the leftover pasta, along with the yolk. (I'll NEVER find the Molto Mario recipe; this is the closest:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mari ... index.html

Bittman did it too, tossed.
http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/ ... ried-eggs/

I don't toss it. Neither did Batali; just break the yolks of cooked eggs open atop the pasta. Great use of leftover pasta for breakfast -- or any meal.

Dec. 1999
Baked Eggs With Onions And Cheese

TOTAL TIME
30 minutes

Ingredients

* 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
* 4 cups sliced onions
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 cups coarse bread crumbs
* 1 cup grated Gruyere or Cantal cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
* 8 eggs

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put butter or oil in large, ovenproof skillet, and set over medium-high heat. Add onions and a liberal sprinkling of salt and pepper, cover skillet and turn heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft and tender but not browned, for about 15 minutes.

2. Combine bread crumbs and cheeses, and sprinkle half of this mixture over onions. Use back of spoon to make 8 little nests in the mixture, and crack 1 egg into each. Season with salt and pepper, and distribute remaining bread crumbs and cheese mixture over top.

3. Bake for 5 minutes, or until eggs are barely set. Turn on broiler, and run skillet under it to brown top for a minute or so, being careful not to overcook the eggs. Serve hot or at room temperature.

YIELD
4 to 8 servings

The accompanying article:

THE MINIMALIST
Tender Is the Yolk
By Mark Bittman
Published: December 29, 1999

"BAKED eggs are not common these days, but they are both easy and underrated, especially as a morning-after indulgence. I first encountered them combined with slow-cooked onions, cheese and bread crumbs, a recipe taught me by a college friend whose family had been making them for years. The dish was originally called ''man-style eggs,'' presumably because of its heartiness. These days, the family calls them ''eggs, person-style,'' but I prefer the more generic name in the recipe below.

Eggs can be baked on a bed of almost anything -- cooked spinach and sliced tomatoes come to mind immediately -- but the trick in every case is to avoid overcooking. The consistency of baked eggs should be like that of fried eggs, with a barely cooked white and a soft, runny yolk. When you cut into the yolk, it spills out over bread crumbs, melted cheese and onions, moistening and enriching the lot. But if the dish is left just a minute too long in the oven, the yolk will become medium- or hard-cooked, and much of the pleasure will be lost.

The easiest way to master the timing is to underbake the eggs slightly and then to finish them under the broiler, keeping a careful eye on them all the while. Even then, overcooking is a danger, and it's better to remove the eggs prematurely and let the heat of the pan finish the cooking than to allow the yolk to harden.

I've played with this recipe over the years, but the most important changes I've made are in the bread crumbs and cheese. The former were originally packaged and the latter was originally just Cheddar from the supermarket. But now I make my own bread crumbs and use a combination of Gruyere, Cantal or good Cheddar with freshly grated Parmesan. The difference, not surprisingly, is significant.

To make fresh bread crumbs, dry out a couple of slices of good bread in a low oven (or leave them on the counter for a day or so) and then grind them in a food processor. Coarse crumbs are best, as they become crunchy rather than sandy when baked."
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/29/dinin ... -yolk.html

How do *I* like my eggs? Yeah, everybody on the board knows by now!

Liquid yolk. On hash browns, open face cheese toast, mashed potatoes or pasta. Or all alone.
Soft scrambled or poached. Fried with soft yolk in a sandwich.
Hard boiled, with lots of mayo. Better yet, medium or a little less boiled, eaten with nothing but a bit of salt. (Not soft boiled; I don't have egg cups. Nor have I mastered cooked whites with liquid yolk.)
I am picky enough that if the yolk is cooked solid the egg is totally ruined - or pet food. But I don't have pets anymore.

I also love soft omelettes & souffle omelettes, which I don't bother to make. My current favorite omelette is spinach, onion & jack cheese. Sometimes with bacon, but I don't eat much. My fave omelette restaurant puts enough bacon in to last for 2 meals, which is definitely a good thing. Next fave place makes a brie & spinach souffle omelette, which is how I learned about souffle omelettes & the goodness of soft cheese in omelettes. I could go for one now.
As I've said before, I do not believe that Bourdain is the "original egg slut," as he has stated on tv. :twisted:
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby moonablaze » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Eggs in Limbo
make your favorite spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner. enjoy, put the leftover meat sauce in the fridge, go to bed.
In the morning, chiffonade and saute a bunch of kale or other greens in butter in a skillet until tender. Mix in the leftover meat sauce, if it's very thick add some more tomato sauce (or broth in a pinch). Bring the mixture up to a simmer and make divots for the eggs. crack eggs into the pan, cover and poach until the whites are just set. Enjoy. I particularly enjoy how the lovely runny yolk enriches the sauce.
A good cook is a sorceress who dispenses happiness.
- Elsa Schiapirelli

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." -Doug Larson
moonablaze
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby thatchairlady » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Not a recipe, but how I like my eggs. Scrambled... totally DRY, never runny, a little brown is fine with me. Fried... in butter and/or bacon grease, over very easy, whites MUST be cooked, but yolk as runny as possible. Poached... haven't mastered that yet without having a lot of floaty stuff in water. I put dab of butter/BG in small custard cups, set in large skillet with a little simmering water, put eggs in, cover and simmer till whites are done. Hardboiled... not a huge egg salad fan, deviled eggs can easily become breakfast for em, also like pickled eggs.
thatchairlady
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby beenie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:59 am

moonablaze wrote:Eggs in Limbo
make your favorite spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner. enjoy, put the leftover meat sauce in the fridge, go to bed.
In the morning, chiffonade and saute a bunch of kale or other greens in butter in a skillet until tender. Mix in the leftover meat sauce, if it's very thick add some more tomato sauce (or broth in a pinch). Bring the mixture up to a simmer and make divots for the eggs. crack eggs into the pan, cover and poach until the whites are just set. Enjoy. I particularly enjoy how the lovely runny yolk enriches the sauce.

I call that Eggs in Purgatory (though Limbo is pretty much the same thing), which is what I was going to post for this cookoff. :lol: I've never added greens, but I think I'd like it with spinach. I love to serve it over garlic bread.
I've been kissed by Pixie - for real!
beenie
Big Sister

Postby nolafoodie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:04 am

There's an egg and tomato dish called shakshuka that is of North African origin, made its way to Israel via Mizrahi Jews, and became a national dish. I, however, grew up enjoying a much more basic version called Kallaya (kallaya doesn't include the bell pepper, chiles, and Moroccan spices used to flavor shakshuka). Around 20 years ago, I stopped eating eggs because I thought they were gross. Watching the egg episode of GE several times finally convinced me to start eating them again, and this dish was my re-introduction to eggs. Enjoy!

Kallaya (serves 2)

1 medium onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced/pressed (optional)
4 large tomatoes, diced (or 1 can diced tomatoes) with accompanying liquid
4 eggs
1-2 tbs. olive oil
Salt and black pepper (please don't skip the pepper) to taste

Get a skillet (one for which you have a cover) nice and hot (medium-high) and add enough oil to coat the bottom. Saute the onion until translucent and just starting to turn golden brown at the edges. Add the garlic and sauté a little more, until it also starts to get golden. Add the tomatoes and allow to simmer until somewhat thickened and tomatoes break down (if using fresh tomatoes, the process can be accelerated by mashing the tomatoes, either with the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher). Season to taste. Crack eggs into each quadrant of the skillet. (You can leave them whole, or do as I do, which is to break up two of the eggs lightly using a fork, so that each diner gets one whole egg and one "scrambled" egg.) Sprinkle salt and pepper over the eggs. Cover the pan, turn down the heat, and simmer until the eggs reach desired doneness (I like slightly gooey yolks for the intact eggs). Serve with warm pita bread for scooping.

NB: If you want to make shakshuka rather than kallaya, just toast about a teaspoon of Moroccan spice blend in the oil, then sauté a diced bell pepper along with the onion, add minced chiles (as much or as little as you desire) and garlic, and proceed with the rest of the recipe.

Now, the very next egg dish I made was another one I grew up enjoying. As a child, I enjoyed eating this with ketchup, but I now think that's kind of gross. What I do realize now, though, is that kids would probably get a big kick out of having "green eggs," and it would be very easy to sneak in extra vegetables, e.g., spinach (though I've never tried).

Parsley Omelet/Frittata, AKA "Green Eggs"

4 eggs
Parsley, anywhere between a packed handful and half a bunch (stems are perfectly fine if they're not too thick/stringy)
Half an onion, roughly chopped
Salt (pepper optional) to taste
1-2 tbs olive oil

Crack the eggs into a blender or food processor bowl, add parsley, onion, and salt, and puree to desired consistency (I like flecks of parsley suspended in egg matrix, but you can go all the way to homogeneous green goo if you want, or if it makes the kiddos happy). Heat a good nonstick pan (either 10" for one big omelet, or 8" for two individual omelets) over medium or medium-low heat, and add oil. Pour in egg mixture and cook until bottom is set, then flip carefully and cook other side (if you prefer less risk, then don't flip it and just finish under the broiler). I like to leave the eggs alone as they cook, so that a light brown crust develops on the exterior, but if you prefer, you can use more of a French omelet technique, which is equally valid. Alternatively, you can abandon all technique and just scramble the whole thing (which might even go over better with the kids).

Here's a recipe I learned from my in-laws. They make this as a frittata, which is how I like it, but the eggplant kind of discolors the eggs. If you or your family are squeamish about that, then prepare the vegetables and use them as a filling for a traditional omelet. You can also roast the eggplant instead of frying, but frying is so, so, so very much tastier. :D

Eggplant Frittata

1 large onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced/pressed
1 large eggplant (peeled or not, as you wish), 1/2" dice
4 eggs, beaten
Quite a bit of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Pan-fry the eggplant (in enough oil to facilitate frying as opposed to sautéing) until browned. Evacuate to paper-towel-lined plate or other draining rig and sprinkle with salt to taste. Pour off most of the excess oil (save it for some other use -- it's pretty yummy) and sauté the onion until translucent and golden brown at edges, then add garlic and sauté until golden. Meanwhile, beat eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Return eggplant to pan with onions, toss lightly to combine, and pour eggs over vegetables. Shake pan to distribute eggs evenly, allow the bottom to set, and finish in hot oven/broiler until eggs are just set. Serve with warm pita bread.
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby DitsyD » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 pm

I made this for a PTA back to school breakfast for my son's high school teachers and had lots of requests for the recipe.

SATURDAY SUMMER STRATA
Serves 6 or more

One 1- to 1 ¼ -pound loaf country or sourdough bread, crusts removed if thick
½ pound cream cheese or St. Andre cheese (rind removed),
cut into small cubes or bits
½ pound fresh or other mozzarella, cut into small pieces or grated
¾ cup prepared pesto
6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
1 pound (about 3 medium) red-ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
5 large eggs
1 ½ cups milk or half-and-half
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly milled black pepper to taste

Oil or butter a deep 9- to 10-inch baking dish.

Slice the bread about ½ inch thick. Arrange 2 to 3 equal alternating layers of the bread, cheeses, pesto, prosciutto, and tomatoes in the baking dish. Cut or tear bread slices if needed to make snug layers.

Whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the custard over the bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate the strata for at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Remove the strata from the refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before you plan to bake it.

Preheat the oven to 350*F. Bake the strata for 50 to 55 minutes, until puffed, golden brown, and lightly set in the center. Serve hot.

***variation ~ Autumn Strata
Eliminate the pesto and tomatoes. Saute ½ pound sliced mushrooms, 1 or 2 minced garlic cloves, ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, and ¾ pound fresh spinach, chard, or escarole in 3 tablespoons olive oil until the mushrooms are tender and any liquid has evaporated. Arrange alternating layers of the bread, cheeses, prosciutto, and mushroom mixture and proceed as directed.
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means." ~Albert Einstein
"Life is too short to make crust for uncertain pies."~Wendy McClure
If looks could kill, women wouldn't need frying pans.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.
DitsyD
Admiral Briner

Postby DitsyD » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:14 pm

This is a Mario Batali recipe from the "Spain...On the Road Again" series he did for PBS. It has become a requested Lenten favorite in my family.

Tortilla Española
Don't be afraid to use A LOT of olive oil. Serves 4 to 6 as a tapa or appetizer

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 pounds waxy potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 extra-large eggs
Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet or nonstick pan over medium-high until very hot but not smoking. Add the potatoes and onion, season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat if necessary so that the vegetables do not brown, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 15 to 20 minutes.

Beat the eggs with salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Combine the potatoes with the eggs in the bowl; add to the skillet, spreading the potatoes evenly in the pan, and cook for about 1 minute, just to set the bottom of the egg mixture. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes, or until quite set. Carefully flip the tortilla over (invert it onto a plate if you must, then slide it back into the pan, bottom side up) and cook for 5 minutes longer, until set. Flip out onto a clean plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means." ~Albert Einstein
"Life is too short to make crust for uncertain pies."~Wendy McClure
If looks could kill, women wouldn't need frying pans.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.
DitsyD
Admiral Briner

Postby moonablaze » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 pm

I changed the name cause of the meat and kale. :wink:
A good cook is a sorceress who dispenses happiness.
- Elsa Schiapirelli

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." -Doug Larson
moonablaze
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby gypsy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Breakfast Frittata

1 lb. package breakfast sausage links, chopped
1/2 cup (or more) Hormel bacon bits
6-8 eggs
1/2 pkg Ore-Ida O'Brien Potatoes
1/4 cup chopped chives
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus additional for topping

Prepare O'Brien potatoes according to package directions. Place in bottom of deep-dish pie plate. Cover with chopped sausage, bacon, and cheese.

Whisk eggs together well. Add chives and whisk to combine. Pour eggs over ingredients in pie plate. Top with additional cheddar cheese if desired.

Microwave on High for 8-10 minutes or until center is set. Remove from microwave and let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with buttered biscuits or toast and jam.
Breast cancer is a disease, not a marketing opportunity.
----------------------------
That Obama sticker on your car might as well say, "Yes, I'm Stupid".
----------------------------
Mangia e statte zitte.
gypsy
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby HoosierDevotee » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:00 pm

5 eggs
1/4 cup of water
Heaping tsp of sour cream
salt to taste

beat together
put in skillet of melted butter
cook over medium/high to high heat

tastiest, fluffiest scrambled eggs I've ever had
Terre Haute, Indiana - Crossroads of America
Where Superbowl Champions Begin Their Season
GO COLTS!
HoosierDevotee
Commander Briner

Postby tj » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Just a reminder that we do not seem to have gotten enough mileage out of this entry. Eggs are so basic, they are almost unremarkable, but so important that there must be a dozen treatments out there that are so familiar that I do not even recall them easily.

Roomie's Most Wonderful Boiled Eggs

Put eggs in pan in cold water to amply cover
Put on stove to boil.
When water boils, turn stove off.
When water cools eggs are done.

Perfect eggs.

I like 'em chopped into lots of things, but bechamel with a touch of curry over toast is good.

And you can devil 'em.
I''ll dishevel 'em.

And then there is what we called Roundhouse Eggs [Toad in the hole, etc.] with an egg fried in a hole made in a slice of bread. Gobble, gobble!
tj
Admiral Briner

Postby Jay von » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:25 pm

[quote="carla"]Not in the running, just wanted to share a good Bittman recipe.
(It's not for those who dislike or detest soft yolks. I wonder about a nest of leftover pasta that would stay somewhat soft with a lot of olive oil. I mention this because of the thrill I got when Mario made fried eggs with liquid yolks & served them atop pasta, something I'd done because it was so irresistible, easy & tasty. I cook the eggs in LOTS of butter & olive oil, so it sauces the leftover pasta, along with the yolk. (I'll NEVER find the Molto Mario recipe; this is the closest:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mari ... index.html

Carla, you might be able to find it here: http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/molto-mario/index.html
It seems to have every recipe I've wanted from Molto. Good luck!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image
Jay von
Resident Hippie

Postby Steve G » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Steve G
Lieutenant Commander Briner

Postby nolafoodie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:04 am

Steve G wrote:Ruhlman: The Egg and the Pressure Cooker
An interesting process... :think:

That's quite a coincidence! Just the other day (literally, Monday), I was reading hippressurecooking.com and came across that egg post. You can bet I'll be experimenting with that this weekend! :)
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby carla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:47 am

I repeat: BOURDAIN thinks HE'S the egg slut?! He should've posted that on Ruhlman's site. ;-)
That pic at the top of Ruhlman's page is incredible food porn: the liquid yolk & the blood-orange-colored boiled yolk. Even the hard-boiled egg. I could eat 4 or 5 of those at a sitting with no problem, probably more. (I weigh half what Bourdain does; probably less.)

Off to over-easy eggs on creamy polenta for supper!
(Again, I fail the vegan QOTD. HA!)
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Postby Charlene » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks everyone for participating. There are lots of good recipes, and I am particularly fond of the article on pressure cooking boiled eggs, thanks for pointing that out Steve.

The winner is nolafoodie for her Kallaya.

Charlene
~lifedramatic~

"An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and brings the tartar sauce."
~Zig Ziglar
Charlene
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby nolafoodie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks, Charlene!

I have a topic in mind -- will post soon!
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Return to Cookoffs