[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Cookoff 2.0 #47 - Bananas

Cookoff 2.0 #47 - Bananas

Cookoff archives

Cookoff 2.0 #47 - Bananas

Postby nolafoodie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Cookoff 2.0 #1 - Heat Infusion - Parrothead
Cookoff 2.0 #2 - Tomatoes - Unknown Foodie
Cookoff 2.0 #3 - Butternut Squash - Jackiecat
Cookoff 2.0 #4 - Fennel - Nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #5 - Grains of Paradise - PattyE
Cookoff 2.0 #6 - Eggplant - Geimerst
Cookoff 2.0 #7 - Soup - Pixie
Cookoff 2.0 #8 - Ribs - Dan
Cookoff 2.0 #9 - Citrus fruit - Moonablaze
Cookoff 2.0 #10 - Clams - Thierry
Cookoff 2.0 #11 - Ground Beef - Parrothead
Cookoff 2.0 #12 - Olives - Grovite
Cookoff 2.0 #13 - Slaw - Nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #14 - Peppercorns - Grovite
Cookoff 2.0 #15 - Yogurt - Eye4got
Cookoff 2.0 #16 - Summer Squash - Nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #17 - Collards - ajkdvm
Cookoff 2.0 #18 - Lemongrass - Fleur
Cookoff 2.0 #19 - Summer herbs: basil/parsley/oregano/etc. - ajkdvm
Cookoff 2.0 #20 - Tapas and party bites - lunanoir
Cookoff 2.0 #21 - Fall Squash - ajkdvm
Cookoff 2.0 #22 - Cauliflower- altonfaninmd
Cookoff 2.0 #23 - Holiday Cookies - ghenne
Cookoff 2.0 #24 - Pressure Cooker - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #25 - Hot'n Spicy - Slamdunkpro
Cookoff 2.0 #26 - Soy Sauce - Eye4got
Cookoff 2.0 #27 - Peanut Butter - kimberlyjoy
Cookoff 2.0 #28 - Salmon - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #29 - Breakfast - DanC
Cookoff 2.0 #30 - Tortillas - Grovite
Cookoff 2.0 #31 - Foil Grill Packets - DitsyD
Cookoff 2.0 #32 - Rice - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #33 - Wild Game - haleoalau
Cookoff 2.0 #34 - Sugar-Free Desserts - nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #35 - Potatoes - Kinsley
Cookoff 2.0 #36 - Egg Nog - Eye4got
Cookoff 2.0 #37 - Spices - Okbye
Cookoff 2.0 #38 - Grains - nolafoodie
Cookoff 2.0 #39 - Cucumbers - Pam T
Cookoff 2.0 #40 - Asparagus - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #41 - Fresh Fruit - Okbye
Cookoff 2.0 #42 - Coconut - ghenne
Cookoff 2.0 #43 - Cabbage - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #44 - Mushrooms - thatchairlady
Cookoff 2.0 #45 - Pork Tenderloin - Charlene
Cookoff 2.0 #46 - Eggs
Cookoff 2.0 #47 - Bananas - Nowal

Sorry for the delay in posting -- my household has plunged into chaos, and I kind of forgot about the cook off over the past couple days. Anyhoo...

My triplets are turning one year old on the 15th! Their birthday party will be monkey-themed, so I'm thinking it would be pretty cute for some menu items to feature bananas. I'd also like to make (as far ahead as possible) some fairly easy banana-based baked goods (cookies, brownies/blondies, confections?) to give our grownup guests as favors.

So, sweet or savory...

Let's go bananas!
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Re: Cookoff 2.0 #47 - Bananas

Postby okbye » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:08 pm

I saw banana blondies on Pinterest the other day but I didn't pin them. Maybe I can find them.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby LucyLu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:58 am

I have this almost every morning!!

Gorgeous Green Banana Vanilla Shake

1 cup milk of your choice, I use unsweetened almond milk
1 small to medium mostly ripened banana, a little green is ok
1 serving vanilla protein powder, variety of your choice
3/4 cup loosely packed baby spinach, you won't even taste it in the shake!!
4-5 ice cubes

In a blender, mix milk, banana, powder, and spinach until smooth. Add ice cubes one at at time and blend on highest setting until smooth and thick.
Drink, and repeat!
Lucy

~The GEFP official Ace of Cakes~
LucyLu
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby tj » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 pm

[not an "entry"]

A neat banana thing I ran across is banana ice cream. Chunk 'em and freeze, then mash with a hand mixer (or food processor or KA mixer?) until creamy and then freeze again. Makes a firm ice cream-like dessert with one ingredient only. I like to complicate it by sprinkling lightly with cinnamon.

We have also been muddling the idea of a banana flambee using Sailor Jerry's rum, which has a lot of vanilla flavor to it.
tj
Admiral Briner

Postby nolafoodie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:16 pm

tj wrote:[not an "entry"]

A neat banana thing I ran across is banana ice cream. Chunk 'em and freeze, then mash with a hand mixer (or food processor or KA mixer?) until creamy and then freeze again. Makes a firm ice cream-like dessert with one ingredient only. I like to complicate it by sprinkling lightly with cinnamon.

I do that with cocoa powder when my toddler requests "chocolate ice cream." ;)

Lucy, whatever happens in this cook-off, I'll definitely be stealing your recipe to use with said toddler when she requests milkshakes, as well as pass along for use with my 3-year-old cousin who eats nothing. Thanks! :)
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby new cook » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Magnolia Bakery's banana pudding is to die for. Honestly, I don't know why people bother to order cupcakes there.

Well, I didn't know what was in their banana pudding until now. It kind of scares me, all that sugar that I'm trying to avoid, so in the future I think I'll just stick to indulging in a spoonful or two. But anyway, here it is:

Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1½ cups ice cold water
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix (preferably Jell-O brand)
3 cups heavy cream
1 (12-ounce) box Nabisco Nilla Wafers (no substitutions!)  [PS: I think this recipe needs more wafers than the 12 oz box.  Next time I make this, I will use half of a box more than what the recipe calls]*
4 cups sliced ripe bananas

In a small bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together the sweetened condensed milk and water until well combined, about 1 minute. Add the pudding mix and beat well, about 2 minutes more. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight, before continuing. [PS: I did not want to wait for 3 hrs, so I put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, and then the freezer for 10-15 minutes, and it was as set as it could be; just make sure that it is an "instant" vanilla pudding mix that you used. If it isn't instant, it will take longer to set. But also be careful with the time in the freezer if you are going to do it my way, because you don't want a frozen pudding.]*  It is very important to allow the proper amount of time for the pudding mixture to set.

In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until well blended and no streaks of pudding remain. To assemble the dessert, select a large, wide bowl (preferably glass) with a 4-5-quart capacity. Arrange one-third of the wafers to cover the bottom of the bowl, overlapping if necessary, then one-third of the bananas and one-third of the pudding. Repeat the layering twice more, garnishing with additional wafers or wafer crumbs on the top layer of the pudding. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours - or up to 8 hours - before serving. [I suggest defintely more than 4 hrs to get the wafers soft enough, cakelike.]*

*Bracketed sentences are notes from the blogger who posted the recipe.
Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments.
-Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-92)

(I'm trying to avoid eating mammals. Not getting silly, I've redefined bacon as a spice)
-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Charlene » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Rina's Banana Freezer Pops

Comments from Rina: I started making these pops so my daughter Leah would have a refreshing, healthy after
school snack and I found out that “kids” of all ages love them.

Ingredients:
2 ripe medium bananas
1 can (6 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed.
¼ cup of water
1 T honey
1 tsp vanilla
8 (3 oz) paper or plastic cups
8 wooden sticks

Method:
Peel bananas, break into chunks. Place in food processor or blender container. Add
orange juice, water, honey and vanilla, process until smooth. Pour banana mixture
evenly into cups. Cover top of each cup with small piece of aluminum foil. Insert
wooden stick through center of foil into banana mixture. Place cups on tray; freeze
until firm, about 3 hours. To serve, remove foil, tear off paper cups (or slide out of plastic cups)

Charlene
~lifedramatic~

"An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and brings the tartar sauce."
~Zig Ziglar
Charlene
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Charlene » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:16 pm

I was looking for a bread that combined oatmeal and bananas because I heard the two foods complemented each other and made you feel better. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and I made a double batch. It is absolutely delicious. I usually like nuts in my banana bread, but I left them out because my husband doesn't like them... I didn't miss them at all. The oats give this loaf a nice nuttiness. I also didn't add the raisins. I did make one small change. My mom always taught me to add nutmeg whenever there was cinnamon in baked goods, so I added about a 1/2 tsp of nutmeg - freshly microplaned. This is going in my recipe file for sure! Charlene

Adapted from Allrecipes.com

Banana Oatmeal Bread

Servings: 12

"Oatmeal adds a rustic quality to this moist banana loaf."

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped raisins (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. Cream together the shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until fluffy.
3. Sift together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients alternately with bananas and milk. Mix until blended.
4. Fold in raisins and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes; remove from oven and cover for 5 minutes.

Charlene
~lifedramatic~

"An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and brings the tartar sauce."
~Zig Ziglar
Charlene
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Charlene » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Fruity Shake

Comments: This is a very filling and refreshing breakfast or snack.
I really like this with either a few ice cubes or frozen strawberries added!
Don't be fooled by how simple this seems, it is absolutely delicious!

Ingredients:
8 ounces vanilla fat free yogurt
1 banana
6-8 ounces orange juice

Method: Combine above ingredients in a blender and blend together until frothy.

Servings: 2 large or 4 small servings

Charlene

Charlene
~lifedramatic~

~Zig Ziglar
Charlene
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Charlene » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:27 pm

One of my favorite desserts, ever.

Banana –Sesame Wontons

Wonton skins
Ripe banana
Toasted sesame seeds
Oil for frying
Honey

Heat honey in a saucepan over low or in the microwave, set aside.
Slice the bananas in half lengthwise and then into thirds.
Take a piece of banana and place it in a wonton wrapper and fold the sides of the wonton over the short sides of the banana. Wet the edges of the wonton with water and fold the other two sides down, one on top of the other. Use the water to seal the edges.
Fry in oil until golden brown.
Top with sesame seeds and drizzle with honey. Serve.

Charlene
~lifedramatic~

~Zig Ziglar
Charlene
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Chef Mongo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:26 am

This is something I came up with for Ingrid back when I was working for her ...

Orange-Rum Caramelized Bananas

3 medium ripe bananas, cut in half lengthwise then across the width
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup dark rum
2 tbsp. Cointreau (optional, but recommended)
Good-quality vanilla ice cream

Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bananas, cut-side down, and cook until lightly browned (about 2-3 minutes). Turn bananas and add sugar and OJ. Cook 3 more minutes. Add rum and Cointreau and reduce until thickened. Serve over ice cream.
"Anything that makes your mother cry is fun." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby Norm357 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Take two pieces of white bread and spread peanut butter on one side. Top the peanut butter with sliced bannana. Close the sammich, eat, enjoy.
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby new cook » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Charlene's last recipe and Mongo's recipe both make my mouth water! I'm going to have to try those. :)

Always in search of a better banana bread recipe, I took one from the interwebs and played around with it, made some modifications in an attempt to make it healthier. I'll have to go dig it up and post it here.
Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments.

(I'm trying to avoid eating mammals. Not getting silly, I've redefined bacon as a spice)
-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby nolafoodie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Mongo, is that recipe called "Platanos Fostero" (you know, Spanglicized Bananas Foster)? ;)

Charlene, I'm sure those wontons are best served warm, but how do they do sitting out? Can I fry up a bunch (better yet, can I make a bunch ahead of time, freeze them, and just fry them on party day?) and leave them on the snack table?

ETA: Norm, tsk tsk, when you post recipes like that, you have to give them fussy-sounding French names like "bananes et beurre d'arachide en brioche" (and if you really want to get fancy, you can make it "avec gelée de raisin" by microwaving a small bowl of Smucker's and using it as a dipping sauce). ;)
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:13 pm

I can't try this since I have to watch my potassium intake but if no one else comes up with one give it a try. It sounds good. Gas mark 5 is 375.

Brazil Nuts and Banana Blondies
Makes 12
Ingredients
100g unsalted butter
200g good white chocolate
2 bananas
225g sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g plain flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder

75g Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
Method
Preheat oven to gas mark 5. Line the base and sides of a 8 inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
Melt the butter and white chocolate in a double boiler or heatproof bowl over a pan of hot water, making sure the bowl is not touching the water. Take off the heat.
Mash the bananas in another bowl and mix in the sugar, the egg and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. sift in the flour and baking powder over the mixture, then fold in, together with the chopped nuts.
Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 - 45 minutes until golden on top, with a slight wobbly middle. Test with a skewer: its should come out with a crumb, not gloopy. Place the tin on a wire rack and leave to cool until cold.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby new cook » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:34 am

New Cook's Banana Bread

Using four bananas instead of the usual three gives the bread more depth of flavor. I don't use shortening, so often combine butter and coconut oil, which is solid at room temperature and a very healthy fat. They both add a nice subtle flavor to this recipe.

Making your own date sugar is easy (see below), and is a great substitute for sugar in baked goods. Since it is making use of the whole fruit, you get an additional fiber bonus.

Imho, this banana bread is delicious, and was voted Best Banana Bread by my foodie neighbor who is much better cook than I. :)

Ingredients
1/4 cup butter, cold
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup date sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
4 bananas (finely crushed)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Cream together butter and sugar.
Add eggs, crushed bananas and vanilla and combine well.
Sift together flour, soda and salt, then add to creamed mixture.
Pour into greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Additional Notes
I like to add walnuts for extra flavor, texture, and nutrition.
If a sweeter bread is desired, substitute 1/4 cup brown sugar for 1/4 cup date sugar. Or just use more date sugar.

-------
HOW TO MAKE DATE SUGAR

Because dates are very high in sugar, they can easily be converted into sugar. To make date sugar, arrange sliced dates on a baking sheet and bake at 450° for 10 to 15 minutes, or until very dry and hard as rocks. Grind or process in a food processor to make sugar.

-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Norm357 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:02 pm

ETA: Norm, tsk tsk, when you post recipes like that, you have to give them fussy-sounding French names like "bananes et beurre d'arachide en brioche" (and if you really want to get fancy, you can make it "avec gelée de raisin" by microwaving a small bowl of Smucker's and using it as a dipping sauce).

This is brilliant!
Don't pity the rescue dog, adopt him. If he was human, he would be the one with stories to tell and books to write.

Any idiot can kill a shark. It takes a real man to catch one, kiss him on the head, and let him go.

Norm357
Admiral Briner

Postby Chef Mongo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:50 am

My friend Mike Croft, owner of Whiskey Mill, makes mayo/grape jelly/banana sandwiches.

*urp*
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby Chef Mongo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:56 am

OOH! I forgot one of my favorites!

Grilled Banana S'Mores

4 lightly ripe bananas (no brown spots)
Candy bars of your choice (Snickers and Mars bars work best), sliced
Graham crackers, halved

Slice the bananas in half lengthwise, then across the middle, making four quarters.

Grill the bananas cut side down until tender, about 3 minutes. Turn cut side up and top with candy bar slices. Grill another minute or two, until candy bars start to melt.

Press a graham cracker half down onto each banana and remove from the grill. Eat.
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby new cook » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't know if this qualifies as an actual entry since I haven't tried it yet myself, but the following recipe looks really good:

Banana Corn Fritters

Savory, smoky and slightly sweet, these are great with roast pork loin, a hearty bowl of black bean soup or barbecued chicken legs and coleslaw. Dotted with creme fraiche, they make an exotic appetizer.

From EatingWell:  February/March 2006
5 servings, 2 cakes each | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile, (see Ingredient note) or cayenne pepper
1 1/4 cups roughly mashed bananas, (about 3 medium)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk, or buttermilk
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and chipotle (or cayenne) in a medium bowl. Mix banana, egg and milk (or buttermilk) in another medium bowl. Add the cornmeal mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just incorporated.

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; using 2 tablespoons of batter for each, space 5 fritters evenly in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 30 seconds to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Cook a second batch with the remaining oil and batter, adjusting heat to prevent burning.
Transfer the fritters to the oven and bake until puffed and firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes.

Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Reheat at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Ingredient Note: Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapeno peppers, often used to add heat and a smoky flavor to foods. Ground chipotle can be found in the specialty-spice section of most supermarkets.

Nutrition Profile
Low calorie | Low cholesterol | Low saturated fat | Low sodium | Heart healthy | Healthy weight | High fiber | View Complete Nutrition Guidelines»

Nutrition
Per serving:
243 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 43 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 326 mg sodium; 286 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (16% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 starch

-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:51 pm

I would like to recommend the technique I learned from ATK for banana bread. The recipe doesn't matter, I just use my regular one, it's the banana prep that is different.

Take 5 ripe but not overripe, still firm, bananas. Peel and cut them into chunks that fit into a glass bowl. Cover with saran wrap with a couple vent holes in it. Cook on high about 5 minutes, until bananas are soft and have released their liquid. Put the bananas in a strainer over the bowl to drain for about 15 minutes. Save the liquid, transfer it to a small saucepan and cook until reduced to 1/4 cp, about 5 minutes. Add the bananas and the cooled liquid to your banana bread recipe where is says to add the mashed bananas. You get plenty of banana flavor without all the extra moisture just adding more bananas causes. You can also use thawed frozen bananas, they will give up their moisture without the microwave just from being frozen. Let them thaw/drain them over a bowl and proceed from there.

They also laid a sliced banana on top of their bread before baking, I haven't done that. It sounds icky to me. I have my recipe printed out but I don't seem to have it on my computer and didn't really feel like typing it out. It's pretty normal except I always add 1/2 cp of either sour cream or yogurt. I also use at least 1/2 brown sugar, it gives it a caramel-y taste.

okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby nolafoodie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 am

Last call, folks. Winner will be announced on Friday!
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby nolafoodie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Oh, goodness. After buying many bunches of bananas for the party, I ended up trying just about all of these recipes. :) Great stuff. The wontons. Mmm. The Latin bananas foster. Mmm. And those blondies... heck, yeah. Everything was great, including the sandwiches!

But there can be only one winner. New Cook, with your healthy (and vegan, if you sub the butter!) banana bread, bravo! :clap:
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby new cook » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:37 am

Thank you, Nolafoodie! :D I'm so glad you liked the banana bread.

And now for the next cook off challenge:

Mangos!

-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Return to Cookoffs