[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - QOTD 8/24/12: TGIF

QOTD 8/24/12: TGIF

Daily Question of the Day

Moderator: okbye

QOTD 8/24/12: TGIF

Postby LucyLu » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:38 am

After a busy week of whatever (school, work, kids activities, etc.) what do you like to do on the weekends to relax? Note: Express what you want to do, not what you are obligated to do like drive kids around, errands, or chores, but what you actually do to unwind. Like go to the beach, or the movies, or out to a nice dinner, etc.

Have a happy weekend everyone!
Lucy

~The GEFP official Ace of Cakes~
LucyLu
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: QOTD 8/24/12: TGIF

Postby tj » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am

With me the problem is not having a week to end. Being "forcibly retired," I don't stay busy enough to have to forcibly recreate on Saturday and Sunday. Having worked on weekends all my life, it is a real conundrum when I try to fit into the expected five days on and two days off pattern. Any psych students want to write a paper on this?
tj
Admiral Briner

Postby DitsyD » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am

Sleep in.
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means." ~Albert Einstein
"Life is too short to make crust for uncertain pies."~Wendy McClure
If looks could kill, women wouldn't need frying pans.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.
DitsyD
Admiral Briner

Postby gypsy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:20 am

Read.
Breast cancer is a disease, not a marketing opportunity.
----------------------------
That Obama sticker on your car might as well say, "Yes, I'm Stupid".
----------------------------
Mangia e statte zitte.
gypsy
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby new cook » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 am

Weekends are usually filled with work, but this weekend I'm actually going to be able to do one of my favorite things: hang out with friends at their beach house. :)
Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments.
-Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-92)

(I'm trying to avoid eating mammals. Not getting silly, I've redefined bacon as a spice)
-Kinsley
new cook
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby Chef Mongo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 am

Of late, my very favorite thing to do is hang out/snuggle/watch movies with Tina. I also like to go to one of the local pubs and catch some live music, especially Moses Jones, with the mighty drum circles. :)

And the farmer's market on Saturday mornings is a must!
"Anything that makes your mother cry is fun." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby JeanC » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Fishing!
----
"Soon life will become more interesting" - Chinese fortune cookie

Jean
http://purple-ducky.com/
JeanC
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Myrealana » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:04 pm

My favorite weekends are the ones when we have Torchwood games.

We took the RPG system Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space and adapted it as Torchwood, and set it in 1882.

We take turns being the game master, so no one has to be left out of the fun parts.
GONE, BABY, GONE.
Myrealana
Fleet Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 pm

When you don't work every day is truly the same as the next. I haven't had a weekend in years.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby Kristina » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Relax?

When you teach, or are in school, these are the days you work on the things you can't possibly get to during the week.
". . . the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world are the ones who do."

The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.
-Havelock Ellis

When people say "I'm not a prude, but..." what they mean is "I am a prude, and..." -John Cleese
Kristina
Admiral Briner

Postby sadiedog » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Game. Video games and I am hoping to add board games to that list.

If not game, camp.

If not camp, travel around the PNW.

If not travel around the PNW...um...game.

Really, I've got a crap ton of games on the PC to play. I would love to be able to play them all.
GES Chickeny Hands Resident Blond(e)/Dense Member
---------------
"When ordinary citizens understand they are being played for fools, they bristle." ~Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Return to QoTD